Holy OCD Batman

Moog, Synthesizers.com, MOTM, Modcan, Moon and others..... Go big!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

Flareless
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Holy OCD Batman

Post by Flareless » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:19 am

"We may be in a little bit of a pickle Dick"
- Téa Leoni - Fun with Dick & Jane

(please read the following with humour in mind - it's not bitching : )

So yesterday I received my shipment from the fine folks at Synthesizers.com. When I order from Dotcom I always throw a few extra patch cables on top of whatever else I'm ordering because.... well.... you can NEVER have enough patch cables.

I also really love Roger's cables. They're tough yet easy to work with, well built and most importantly.... colour coded.

Today I noticed that my shipment of blue 72" Studio Patch Cables were a slightly lighter shade of blue than the pile of blue cables I already had.

So I put the cables onto my rack in the place that blue cables go. For those suffering from OCD there is always a "place that <insert thing> goes" and I'll see what happens.

Will I shun them? Will I use them first? Will I find an excuse to give them to my buddy for his gear?

And what of the future? Will there be more mis-matched blues when I order 72s? Will the other cables change shades too? Will I need another cable tree for the 'otherly-shaded' colours? Most importantly.... THE GREEN CABLES ARE AVAILABLE AGAIN!!!

Only time will tell :mrgreen:
Rich

What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it gives forth a sound - Neil Peart

kindredlost
5U skiff friendly

Post by kindredlost » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:56 am

:lol:

I have a few shades of 72's as well. Probably more than one vendor for dotcom. I noticed this a few years ago when I ordered more so it's been like that for a while. New song idea: "Variable Blues"

Flareless
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Flareless » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:33 pm

kindredlost wrote::lol:

I have a few shades of 72's as well. Probably more than one vendor for dotcom. I noticed this a few years ago when I ordered more so it's been like that for a while. New song idea: "Variable Blues"
I love it! Only 72" patch cables can be used though. :woah:

Either multiple vendors or perhaps a different lot # from the vendor.
Rich

What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it gives forth a sound - Neil Peart

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:41 pm

:hihi: I even have some blue DotCom cables that have plugs that say Switchcraft on them! :eek: :mrgreen:

Flareless
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Flareless » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:46 pm

JohnLRice wrote::hihi: I even have some blue DotCom cables that have plugs that say Switchcraft on them! :eek: :mrgreen:
Ooo! Vintage-y :sb:
Rich

sduck
experimental use of gravity

Post by sduck » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:00 pm

I think you'll live.
flickr cloud of sound touyube NOT A MODERATOR ANYMORE

ZatsuOn
Common Wiggler

Post by ZatsuOn » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:44 pm

nothing some blue sharpie can't fix :banana: Or some blue tape? Or blue heat shrink.

And, those are six foot patch cables? Good grief, the colored part is probably not even ten percent -- just focus on the black part...all the same.

Rex Coil 7
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Rex Coil 7 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:46 am

*Flareless, I totally know where you're coming from. It's absolutely awful that we as faithful and loyal buyers must put up with inconsistencies like this color mismatch issue.

Recently, I too was victimized by Synthesizers.Com's lack of attention to detail when I received my most recent order of (allegedly) 1 foot long patch cables. I ordered twenty of them, fully expecting to receive twenty 12 inch long patch cables. Instead I received twenty patch cables which ranged in length anywhere between 11 inches and 13 inches.

This behavior is simply intolerable. :rage:

I am considering taking one of two potential courses of action:

A.) I may demand my money refunded and return the faulty 12 inch cables.

And 2.) I may insist on Synthesizers.Com taking back the entire order of all of those (allegedly) "12 inch" .. ~ahem~ .. cables and sending me a full refund, including any Paypal fees and shipping fees incurred on my end over the length of the entire process.

How Roger thinks he can get away with such egregious actions as well as overtly displaying such obvious dismissal of his customers' wishes is utterly beyond my comprehension. Between 2007 and 2018 I have spent over $6,000.00 with Synthesizers.Com, and have provided untold and uncountable amounts of praise and customer salesmanship for that company. The least Synthesizers.Com could do for me (probably THE single most loyal customer who's spent more than anyone else on their offerings) is provide me with twenty pieces of twelve inch patch cables.

Not eleven inch patch cables, not thirteen inch patch cables ..... TWELVE INCH PATCH CABLES DAMMIT! :redneck:

Boy, I tell you what, that company is going right down the drain.

:youkids:
5U MODULAR NORMALIZING PROJECT (for your entertainment) viewtopic.php?t=78836&highlight=
.. as of Dec 8th 2020 on a break for a bit .. contact me via bamco60@hotmail.com if needed.
WELCOME TO 2021 .. THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES.

Rex Coil 7
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Holy OCD Batman

Post by Rex Coil 7 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:50 am

Flareless wrote:"We may be in a little bit of a pickle Dick"
- Téa Leoni - Fun with Dick & Jane

(please read the following with humour in mind - it's not bitching)
JohnLRice wrote::hihi: I even have some blue DotCom cables that have plugs that say Switchcraft on them! :eek: :mrgreen:
Rex Coil 7 wrote: .... Recently, I too was victimized by Synthesizers.Com's lack of attention to detail when I received my most recent order of (allegedly) 1 foot long patch cables. I ordered twenty of them, fully expecting to receive twenty 12 inch long patch cables. Instead I received twenty patch cables which ranged in length anywhere between 11 inches and 13 inches.

This behavior is simply intolerable. :rage: ......

Looks like only two people get the joke so far.

:despair:
5U MODULAR NORMALIZING PROJECT (for your entertainment) viewtopic.php?t=78836&highlight=
.. as of Dec 8th 2020 on a break for a bit .. contact me via bamco60@hotmail.com if needed.

Flareless
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Flareless » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:41 am

I love it ya crusty ol' bastard :youkids:
Rich

eskimo99
Learning to Wiggle

Post by eskimo99 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:19 pm

Those with "true" OCD build their own cables. YMV

Flareless
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Flareless » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:24 pm

eskimo99 wrote:Those with "true" OCD build their own cables. YMV
Funny you mention that...

Today I went to my local music store looking for a couple of 1.5' TRS patch cables with 90 degree connectors. Lots of short TS cables but for TRS only 6 footers.

I just figured I'll make my own
Rich

MrNezumi
Wiggling with Experience

Post by MrNezumi » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:22 pm

My solution is to use three different companies' cables with no color scheme related to length (or anything) - most with metal barrels, but some with molded plastic. I generally drape them over my hi-tech cable holder in no order by length or color (with the exception of 5u cables on the left and Eurorack on the right). This cures all of my OCD tendencies by making everything consistently messed up.

Rex Coil 7
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Rex Coil 7 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:59 am

MrNezumi wrote:... This cures all of my OCD tendencies by making everything consistently messed up.
Now there's a novel approach.

Ockeghem
missa propecia

Post by Ockeghem » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:02 pm

Between 2007 and 2018 I have spent over $6,000.00 with Synthesizers.Com
(probably THE single most loyal customer who's spent more than anyone else on their offerings)
No way man! :drunkhomer:
I think Junkie XL and Paca Thomas (to name only two) probably have a few more sales receipts around somewhere.
My mouth laughs, but my heart weeps...

Rex Coil 7
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Rex Coil 7 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:02 pm

Ockeghem wrote:
Between 2007 and 2018 I have spent over $6,000.00 with Synthesizers.Com
(probably THE single most loyal customer who's spent more than anyone else on their offerings)
No way man! :drunkhomer:
I think Junkie XL and Paca Thomas (to name only two) probably have a few more sales receipts around somewhere.
aw geez ... :doh:

Ok .... my post, *John L Rice's post, and *Flareless posts ..... those are all jokes .... JOKES ...

This entire thread is supposed to be a joking bit of self mockery beginning with Member *Flairless going on about the nearly invisible difference between the two shades of blue colored heat shrink used on some Dot Com patch cables. John's short rant response is in support of that claim as he kids around about the ~Switchcraft~ markings on some Dot Com patch cables, and mine is another supportive rant about inconsistent lengths of some patch cables from Dot Com.

None of it is to be taken seriously.

For the second time I will present this quote from the first few lines of *Flairless' opening post .....
Flareless wrote: ...(please read the following with humour in mind - it's not bitching)
These rants a few of us posted here are just goofing around, none of it is real.

8-)

Flareless
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Flareless » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:19 pm

Rex Coil 7 wrote:These rants a few of us posted here are just goofing around, none of it is real. 8-)
This! :nana:
Rich

MrNezumi
Wiggling with Experience

Post by MrNezumi » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:02 pm

My post was straight on, dead serious.

Well, except the part about having OCD tendencies.

bandwidth
Common Wiggler

Post by bandwidth » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:04 pm

Let me take you down
'Cause I'm going to Muffwiggle Lers
Nothing is real
And nothing to get hung about
Muffwiggle Lers forever

:band: :bananaguitar:

Return to “5U Format Modules”