Oakley Sample/slew video

Moog, Synthesizers.com, MOTM, Modcan, Moon and others..... Go big!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

Synthbuilder
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Oakley Sample/slew video

Post by Synthbuilder » Wed May 01, 2019 9:00 am

JLR mentioned sample/hold in another thread which reminded me I was asked some time ago to produce some audio samples for the Oakley Sample/Slew module. I never got around to it but last night I discovered a video on Youtube.

Actually, it's not exactly an Oakley Sample/Slew video but one for the AJH Sample Hold and Slew. However, since the latter is heavily based on the former with my help, I think it will give a good idea of what the Oakley 5U one can do.

The only real differences, besides one being Euro and made with surface mount components and the other being 5U and through hole, is that AJH have added a more comprehensive gated linear/expo slew circuit while mine is the more standard expo only, and added a neat little variable filter for the noise output.

[video][/video]

Tony

hamildad
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by hamildad » Wed May 01, 2019 3:44 pm

Been interested in changing my Q105 for one of these as I miss having no S/H in my set up..

thanks for the video link.
My Synth Instagram here * My Synth videos here
-
External PSUs and DC jacks are the hallmarks of toys. - Graham Hinton.
-
I am one of the "tiny fraction of a percentage of oversensitive idiots" who feels the name of this site sends the wrong message.
-
This is primarily for melody and historical educational purposes - Analogue Music

coyoteous
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by coyoteous » Wed May 01, 2019 11:04 pm

Take-away for me?

TA+AJH!
Shark, jumped.

welhamc
Common Wiggler

Re: Oakley Sample/slew video

Post by welhamc » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:44 am

Hi Tony

Just wondering if theres any way to implement the variable up/down/both slew function to the Oakley Sample/Slew?

Synthbuilder
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Oakley Sample/slew video

Post by Synthbuilder » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:27 am

welhamc wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:44 am
Just wondering if there's any way to implement the variable up/down/both slew function to the Oakley Sample/Slew?
Not easily. The 5U version has the classic exponential RC slew which is a different circuit to the one Allan has used in the euro version.

My version of the separately controlled up and down slew generator idea can be found on the Oakley VRG and EFG Deluxe modules.

Tony

Return to “5U Format Modules”