Post your NEW 5U Audio and Videos here

Moog, Synthesizers.com, MOTM, Modcan, Moon and others..... Go big!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

Thalassa
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Corsynth C111 Multimode Contour Generator - Technical Demo

Post by Thalassa » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:09 am

No music this time. This video is a technical demo for the C111 Multimode Contour Generator

[video][/video]

modmax69
Common Wiggler

Post by modmax69 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:54 am

Thalassa wrote:Nice! What filter did you use in the arpeggio that starts at 30 seconds? It sounds great.
Thanks. That was either a Dotcom ladder filter or STG Sea Devils. I forget exactly since I don't always take notes on what I'm doing and just zone out while I'm patching :mygod:

Thalassa
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Thalassa » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:23 am

modmax69 wrote:
Thalassa wrote:Nice! What filter did you use in the arpeggio that starts at 30 seconds? It sounds great.
Thanks. That was either a Dotcom ladder filter or STG Sea Devils. I forget exactly since I don't always take notes on what I'm doing and just zone out while I'm patching :mygod:
For the sound of it , it must be the Sea Devils :tu:

kindredlost
5U skiff friendly

FM Dove Drone C

Post by kindredlost » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:26 pm

Dove Audio D100 WTF into the D110 Waveplane oscillator.

[video][/video]

From the YouTube description:

I am using a D100 WTF oscillator to send FM into a D110 Waveplane oscillator. Both are MU format modules from dove-audio.com.
There are sine wave modulations to the front and back waveforms of the WTF and a sine wave to open and close the "window". An additional sine wave is used to adjust the center frequency of the WTF.
The Waveplane is using two sine wave LFO's to slowly comb around the four wave plane waveform sets. The small dot animates the plane position between the four. The waveforms of each wave table are modulated with four pulse wave LFO's. Each are hard sync reset to each other by a slower period. The slowest resets the next slowest etc.. The pulses are not all square wave so the timing is a bit more organic.
The final mix is of the Waveplane oscillator by itself, then split into two versions routed through filters and effects and mixed back behind the main signal.
The first split is to an Oakley state variable filter in band pass mode. Resonance is set but the center frequency is modulated by a slow LFO and the amplitude is as well before going to a Strymon Blue Sky pedal in plate shimmer mode.
The second split is to a synthesizers.com Q107 state variable filter in high pass mode. The resonace and center frequency are modulated by different LFO's and the amplitude as well before going through an Empress Reverb in ambient swell mode.
A final pan is applied with a Q111 Pan Fade module and a slow LFO.
The LFO's (15 total) include synthesizers.com, Mega Ohm Audio and Yusynth.

PaulaM
Common Wiggler

Post by PaulaM » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:12 am

:love: :sb:
--
Synth designer and builder.
"Don't dream it, be it"
http://dove-audio.com

Thalassa
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Thalassa » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:09 am

Good one! :tu: :tu:

levelhead3
Wiggling with Experience

Post by levelhead3 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:50 pm

wow. what a fantastic drone!! :hail:

kindredlost
5U skiff friendly

STG Envelope Generator in SYNC Mode

Post by kindredlost » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:00 am

The STG Soundlabs Envelope Generator in SYNC mode LFO A. Actually two of them with sidecars.

Both outputs on each EG are used. Output A is for the amplitude VCA and Output B is to the filters.

This is using both of them with a pair of Q960 sequencers to voltage control the T3 stage and pitch voltage to the oscillators. The sync bus is also driving the Time Divider which is clocking the Q960's.

Additionally I ran the output of T3 via the Sidecar modules into the shift input of the Voltage Mini Stores.

I'm certain you will hear the slight phase change after I start tweaking the T3 knob on one of them. It all remains in sync but there is a period shift between the beat due to landing back in a slower sync from a faster sync. Like going from 1/32 notes to 1/8 notes. I end up in between the beat on one of them. Not a bad thing but definitely hard to master returning to a specific point predictably. The step sequencer has no problem doing this because of the sync bus clock.

Also notice the VMS's are double stepping or skipping steps which may be due to the gate coming from the T3 stage of the EG. It is very cool but again not exactly predicable.

[video][/video]

Ockeghem
missa propecia

Post by Ockeghem » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:42 pm

Wow, this is really nice stuff. Trying to wrap my head around what is happening here. Not that I exactly have all the modules to duplicate it (I have a q960 and one stg EG/sidecar, but not the whole time suite). I could use a couple of my Encore event generators and a q119 to get somewhat close, but... :hail:
My mouth laughs, but my heart weeps...

kindredlost
5U skiff friendly

Post by kindredlost » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:23 pm

Ockeghem wrote:Wow, this is really nice stuff. Trying to wrap my head around what is happening here. Not that I exactly have all the modules to duplicate it (I have a q960 and one stg EG/sidecar, but not the whole time suite). I could use a couple of my Encore event generators and a q119 to get somewhat close, but... :hail:
The time suite is the key here. It drives the sync between all the modules even though in this case the return of the T3 gate to the shift input on the VMS disables the sync to them (I think). I was using the VMS out by themselves to the VCO’s but decided to try the shift control from the EG and was surprised at the odd ball behavior. Fun stuff. I’d recommend getting a Time Buffer to go along with your setup if you are sequencing at all.

Ockeghem
missa propecia

Post by Ockeghem » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:22 am

Kindredlost—
I notice you use the (now discontinued) Trigger Mini Store for this demo.
1) What role was it playing?
2) Would it have been just as possible to use another trigger source module such as the ones from Dotcom or Moon?

kindredlost
5U skiff friendly

Post by kindredlost » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:11 am

The TMS was running as it always does when the sync bus is, but I wasn’t using it in any way for this patch example. The EG’s are run into a pair of VCA’s (SSL Octal VCA) alone. No trigger bus was needed

Ockeghem
missa propecia

Post by Ockeghem » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:29 pm

kindredlost wrote:The TMS was running as it always does when the sync bus is, but I wasn’t using it in any way for this patch example. The EG’s are run into a pair of VCA’s (SSL Octal VCA) alone. No trigger bus was needed
:tu: 8-)

rockmanorstudios@gmail.co
Learning to Wiggle

Post by rockmanorstudios@gmail.co » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:07 pm

Well, my contribution isn't musical like so many of your fine videos here, but it's my first ever video with my first 5U... why not break the ice, right?

So my Dotcom Portable-11 arrived recently and I was stoked. I've got around 700hp of Eurorack, but was anxious to dive into the deeper, richer sound of 5U.

Sadly, there's some messed up wiring or something with this synth and the fellas at Arrick were not able to diagnose it remotely so I have to send her back to Texas tomorrow.

Nonetheless, I wanted to share this video to see if anyone else has experienced this issue or know what might be happening here.

Cheers! :guinness:

[video][/video]

spinach_pizza
knobs . . . knobs . . . KNOBS!

Post by spinach_pizza » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:49 am

video removed - temporary delay due to construction...
Last edited by spinach_pizza on Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

spinach_pizza

Post by spinach_pizza » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:53 am

rockmanorstudios@gmail.co wrote:Well, my contribution isn't musical like so many of your fine videos here, but it's my first ever video with my first 5U... why not break the ice, right?

So my Dotcom Portable-11 arrived recently and I was stoked. I've got around 700hp of Eurorack, but was anxious to dive into the deeper, richer sound of 5U.

Sadly, there's some messed up wiring or something with this synth and the fellas at Arrick were not able to diagnose it remotely so I have to send her back to Texas tomorrow.

Nonetheless, I wanted to share this video to see if anyone else has experienced this issue or know what might be happening here.

Cheers! :guinness:
I've never had anything like that happen in my system. I wonder if it's not the power in some way? Maybe try moving the two oscillators away from each other and use different leads/connectors? Hope you get it solved soon. And welcome to the forum!

Ockeghem
missa propecia

Post by Ockeghem » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:44 pm

Spinach_Pizza,
I wasn't able to watch your video, it gave me an error message about logging in (presumably to YouTube?) and getting permission from the owner...

spinach_pizza

Post by spinach_pizza » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:34 am

Ockeghem wrote:Spinach_Pizza,
I wasn't able to watch your video, it gave me an error message about logging in (presumably to YouTube?) and getting permission from the owner...
Hi Ockeghem, sorry about that. Actually I had a couple of problems with the video so I took it offline. I think I'll probably just redo it, so I guess I should delete my post above.

First, I used a different method of video rendering than I've ever used before, and either that or something on Youtube's end caused the sound to be more significantly degraded than normal. Second, it was one of those instances in which I stay up late to finish something and then upload it right then, and the next morning it sounds...not that good :lol: :cry: I should know better by now, as I've done this more than once!

kindredlost
5U skiff friendly

Post by kindredlost » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:55 pm

@spinachpizza...
Now I know why you don't bother with a Standards Module. No module can come up to your standards. :lol:

Seriously, "Yube" sux balls when it comes to uploading. They continually slap me with notices about how to upload to "their standards" which are leagues below third world audio standards.

I gave up years ago and send them the most bloated files I can to stick it in the eye. :poke:

It's too bad the crew here can't hear what you put out. It was really masterful... as usual.

Ockeghem
missa propecia

Post by Ockeghem » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:03 pm

Thanks to the people at Noisebug, I have a full STG time suite now (except the Trigger Mini-Store).

kindredlost
5U skiff friendly

Post by kindredlost » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:38 pm

Ockeghem wrote:Thanks to the people at Noisebug, I have a full STG time suite now (except the Trigger Mini-Store).
:tu: :stg:

trentpmcd
Wiggling with Experience

Post by trentpmcd » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:35 pm

A little different - Old school multi-track instead of a performance... Real quick so you understand the video - The Coventry Carol was part of a medieval "mystery play" and was a lullaby sung by the women of Bethlehem to their doomed children who were to be murdered by Herod's soldiers. Centuries later, after the bombing of Coventry, it was performed live over the BBC from the bombed out ruins of Coventry cathedral as a defiance to the German bombers.

OK, this is mostly my modular. If you can understand words, it is the Behringer VC340, but often using my modular as an input. Near the beginning a chorus is the VC340, Kawai K5000 and Ultra Proteus. The drums were doubled by an Artruria Drum Brut kick and snare, though the main sound is the modular. All other sounds and effects, including "human voices", are the modular. Ooops, forgot - in a few places I put my MOS-lab 901 bank through the Boog's filter to get an old-school Moog sound - most obvious on the "blatty" horns.

Forgot to mention - I used a bit of the Deis Irae in here and put in a quick fugato - some day I may do another version of this with a longer, better worked out fugato...

Hope you enjoy!

[video][/video]

Ockeghem
missa propecia

Post by Ockeghem » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:01 pm

:tu:

kindredlost
5U skiff friendly

Post by kindredlost » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:05 pm

trentpmcd wrote:...All other sounds and effects, including "human voices", are the modular. ...
Love it! Are you using a mc and your voice to shape the vowel sounds to the vocoder, or did you use the modular to simulate vowel sounds?

Great instrument voicings.

trentpmcd
Wiggling with Experience

Post by trentpmcd » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:01 pm

kindredlost wrote:
trentpmcd wrote:...All other sounds and effects, including "human voices", are the modular. ...
Love it! Are you using a mc and your voice to shape the vowel sounds to the vocoder, or did you use the modular to simulate vowel sounds?

Great instrument voicings.
Thanks! I used my voice and a microphone with the vocoder. The VC340 has a "Synth In" which I used a few times and then did the lines one at a time. I layered those lines with vocoder lines using the internal synth because it made it sound more cohesive that way - when I did individual lines I played them by hand, but when I did anything with the three voices, I used midi.
Ockeghem wrote::tu:
Thanks!

Return to “5U Format Modules”