Eurorack, next to 5U?

Moog, Synthesizers.com, MOTM, Modcan, Moon and others..... Go big!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

Henfield
Better Chemistry through Sound

Re: Eurorack, next to 5U?

Post by Henfield » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:08 pm

sduck wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:20 pm
And speaking of 1/4" to 3.5mm cables, I received a tip on instagram from a lurker about www.tendrilscables.com - they make some nice low profile type adapter cables. Including some nice short ones! The person who tipped me about this wished to remain anonymous (although his initials are JLR).
Tendrils are great cables! I used them when I had my Euro system! Cool that they now offer 1/8” to 1/4” cables, maybe they can offer 1/4” to 1/4” cables as well!
For Sale/Trade: 14U 84 hp Euro case . Willing to trade towards MU Modules, Moogerfooger pedals, Minifooger pedals, and other interesting effects boxes that work well with modular, try me!

Severed head
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Severed head » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:25 pm

10585_sq.jpg
GPM179-large.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WTB:, MA35 filter. -Mac recordings software from 2008/9
:help:

spinach_pizza
knobs . . . knobs . . . KNOBS!

Post by spinach_pizza » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:25 pm

I like eurorack modules. I like their portability, the wide range of selection and design, easy availability etc, I even don't really mind the small knobs and layout.

But what I REALLY DISLIKE is the power cable/connector system in the eurorack format. Maybe there's some trick I don't know about but it's just always hard for me to manipulate these power connectors - especially when trying to unplug them. I always feel like I'm about to break something...and I'm not someone with huge hands/fingers. They make changing modules around a royal pain! (literally and figuratively)

Return to “5U Format Modules”