One of those secret projectsZzzzzzz

Moog, Synthesizers.com, MOTM, Modcan, Moon and others..... Go big!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

sbuge
Common Wiggler

One of those secret projectsZzzzzzz

Post by sbuge » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:13 am

I begun making this kraut(ish) LP in 2015 - I did not plan to spend five years with this, but it just happened.

I did lots of other (more experimental) projects on the same time way faster and spend weekends and holidays on making and tweaking this. As years went my modular got bigger and bigger and I got new ideas and I transformed the ideas into these songs and new&new&new versions were made. Almost every song of the record has been "tested" or played in front of live audience and I think that is also a big part of "composing" method of this album. When the song started to work I recorded it with my Teac 3340s ---> it kept things simple - and it gave me reason to keep these songs simple <--- My live playing skills are too low for complex soloing Et cetera ;)

After I finished the album I travelled with the tapes (and with 3340s) to the professional recording studio and mixed this album with old Neve console, Bricasti reverb and UnFairchild 670M II compressor + Studer a80 recorder. And it was worth of every penny ... It was first time for me to spend time with pro mastering equipment, but not the last. Songs got more the 3D quality (or something).

Now the last step is to do the final eq settings and cut the vinyl and then get the records pressed.

But I just wanted to share with you this excerpt beforehand, because I am so excited (and this has been my secred project 8-) ).

This song is mostly 5U stuff. Sequencers: 2xQ960,Q119, Ac:RlS, Touch sequencer,Arabesque generator,WCRS, String sounds come from 6550-99, Deep bass sounds comes from Dotcom osc to Stg wave folder, sound effects from Zeroscillator+J3rk258+ACneuron to Blacet time machine, Drum sounds are made with my 5U and then sampled and prosessed through Metasonix D1000 and I think that everything is patched through Freestate phasers and flangers.
+ there are some primitive (sampled) guitar playing :tu: My sampler is ER-301 (it is eurorack and it is freaking awesome).

x_x_x_x_x_x_x_x_x_x_x_x_x
paitapes.bandcamp.com

kindredlost
5U skiff friendly

Re: One of those secret projectsZzzzzzz

Post by kindredlost » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:43 pm

:yay:
Nice sounds which remind me a bit of “Green Desert” by Tangerine Dream. Very “eastern” sounding.

Thanks for sharing!

hsosdrum
Veteran Wiggler

Post by hsosdrum » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:17 pm

Loved it! Nice work. :tu:

dslocum
darwin's nemesis

Post by dslocum » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:55 pm

Wonderfully organic sounds! :guinness:
Doug Slocum
Synthetic Sound Labs
www.steamsynth.com
------------
"I guess all the Forest Mims Radio Shack books I read finally paid off!"
"I ordered twice as many _______ as I thought I'd need, only to find out that I'm still less than half way to having enough."
"...this whole thing was started by a dream and a mouse." - Walt Disney
"Flatulence sounds aren't just for brass and reed instruments anymore, thanks in large part to Dr Moog." - Ockeghem

sduck
experimental use of gravity

Post by sduck » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:24 pm

Sounds great! Let us know when it's released!
flickr cloud of sound touyube NOT A MODERATOR ANYMORE

Flareless
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Flareless » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:12 pm

Very cool! Thanks for sharing :tu: :yay:
Rich

What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it gives forth a sound - Neil Peart

teleport
Common Wiggler

Post by teleport » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:23 am

This is fantastic! Reminiscent of some of the kosmische material - echoes of some of the best energies of Popul Vuh. Looking forward to hearing about this when it's released.

sbuge
Common Wiggler

Post by sbuge » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:22 pm

Thank you for the kind words kindredlost, hsosdrum , dslocum, sduck, Flareless & teleport :hug:
Yep - I will post here when the record is in my hands.

kindredlost
I think the "eastern" vibe come from Touch Sequencers LCD keyboard. It is so fun to do rapid note shifts with the stylus.
I have never listened the Green Desert (lots of other TD records of course), but have to check it out some day - Internet says that is has been recorded in 73 - but published in 86? So pre-Phaedra material.

& dslocum
You are absolutely right with your Segwencer desctiption. I am using it (maybe even) in every patch, but at least in once in every song :party:
paitapes.bandcamp.com

daveholiday
Veteran Wiggler

Post by daveholiday » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:12 pm

The excerpt you provided is AWESOME!!! Please keep us informed about release.....will you be using a service like bandcamp to distribute? While a vinyl copy would be super cool, I am sadly not much into vinyl now, closet full of records with no means to play....RIP SL1200!
It is all shits and giggles,

until somebody giggles and shits.

daveholiday
Veteran Wiggler

Post by daveholiday » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:13 pm

Just saw bandcamp in your signature!
It is all shits and giggles,

until somebody giggles and shits.

Return to “5U Format Modules”