It shouldn´t sound, but...

Moog, Synthesizers.com, MOTM, Modcan, Moon and others..... Go big!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

KSS
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: It shouldn´t sound, but...

Post by KSS » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:56 pm

Putte wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:40 pm
I´ll pick out a few modules that will make a difference, some with a little more power consumtion than others.
You may still be missing the point. It's *not* about power consumption. It *is* about interaction between modules through the power distribution.
One thing, though, it´s not every time there is a problem, at least that I detect.
And that is a clue. Because if it were about power consumption,it would happen every time. (one could say that it might require precisely the same *usage* of power, so different patches could make for differences. But while that's accurate, it's far less likely IMO than what's already been suggested. )
When there is, I suppose I should try with less modules without turning the power of. That would mean deconnect one module after another with the power stiil on. I´m sure I´ve seen some manuals underlining that no such thing should be done while the modular is running (As with most electronics).
Agreed. Please don't do that! Only attach and disconnect modules underpower if you know exactly what you're doing and understand the *many* factors involved.

Putte
Veteran Wiggler

Re: It shouldn´t sound, but...

Post by Putte » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:25 pm

OK, I thought that would be the answer. I´m not sure if the test will be reliable, though, if I turn the system off while disconnecting modules. Anyway, I could do this the past weekend, as Everything worked. I´l have to wait for some sign of malfunction.

Return to “5U Format Modules”