New Moog module photos

Moog, Synthesizers.com, MOTM, Modcan, Moon and others..... Go big!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

davebr
Veteran Wiggler

New Moog module photos

Post by davebr » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:31 pm

I create web pages with photos of the Moog modular restorations I do. Individuals contact me from time to time with unique modules they have. If they send me photos I create pages for those as well. I just created pages with some of the unique CEMS modules and the 959 XY Controller. Previously I created pages on two other one-of-a-kind modules.

New pages include:
CEMS This links to 8 other pages.
959 XY Controller

Previous pages include:
Unknown VCO prototype
Octaver

I've not personally seen these modules so believe the information is correct. Feel free to contact me if you spot an error. My email is on my home page. Enjoy.

Dave

SynthBaron
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: New Moog module photos

Post by SynthBaron » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:09 am

Thanks! I've always liked browsing your site, BTW.

(octaver link needs an "m" added to the end of it to work)

noddyspuncture
Veteran Wiggler

Post by noddyspuncture » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:24 am

You also have a 'P' in front of my name there Dave... :D

trentpmcd
Wiggling with Experience

Post by trentpmcd » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:09 am

noddyspuncture wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:24 am
Very curious, but where in the world did you get that "Unknown Prototype VCO"!? I'm sure you aren't telling all of your sources, but, wow, what a find...

SynthBaron
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by SynthBaron » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:22 am

trentpmcd wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:09 am
noddyspuncture wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:24 am
Very curious, but where in the world did you get that "Unknown Prototype VCO"!? I'm sure you aren't telling all of your sources, but, wow, what a find...
Wendy Carlos has a set of unique "rev. 2 Minimoog based" oscillators with 901B faceplates in her system built by Bob. I wouldn't be surprised if it was in her hands at one point to try out as a potential upgrade that ultimately didn't make the cut on the way to the 921.

elmerfudd
Common Wiggler

Post by elmerfudd » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:52 am

Cool seeing a flat photo of the CEMS. The 901s and 902s in my small system are from Joel's monster. They are the earliest of my RA modules.

noddyspuncture
Veteran Wiggler

Post by noddyspuncture » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:28 am

trentpmcd wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:09 am
It came with the full 'system' I bought back in 2013. I imported it from Florida.
It was there amongst the other oscillators - the only clue being the added toggle switch - along with other rare stuff - the 'pitch changer/octaver' in the early style VCA case, a '963' delays mixer from the CEMS system, a Moog headphone amplifier, a 901C output stage and four 700 series drum and percussion modules... and of course David Van Koevering's perspex "Island of Electronicus" R.A.Moog 'sign'..!

Most of these modules as well as the 951 keyboard and 956 ribbon controller are from David VK's system with which he toured Florida giving seminars.

I'm attaching a photo as it was sent to me before I bought it. The ribbon controller is the only thing not on the photo.

And also a photo of the day I unpacked the crate... complete with ribbon controller. There was a lot to do to get it running and useable, but I now use it live in my ELP tribute band... :yay:
9 MOOG 10 MODULAR W KEYBOARD.jpg
IMG_3438.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

umma gumma
Veteran Wiggler

Post by umma gumma » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:40 pm

:sb: :sb: :sb:

Return to “5U Format Modules”