MOS-LAB power cable woes...

Moog, Synthesizers.com, MOTM, Modcan, Moon and others..... Go big!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

Buzz Lightyear
Learning to Wiggle

MOS-LAB power cable woes...

Post by Buzz Lightyear » Thu May 07, 2020 10:20 am

After a long hiatus from the depths of space I’m back, and as I unpack my MU babies from their bubble wrap, it looks as if one of my MOS-LAB ribbon cables has vanished! Anyone know of a quick source to get one vs. waiting for Seb to send me one? Is a ten pin Eurorack coupling cable the same thing? Thanks in advance.

sduck
experimental use of gravity

Re: MOS-LAB power cable woes...

Post by sduck » Fri May 08, 2020 7:16 pm

This is from JLR - "look at the last page of the Power Distribution sticky for the chart that shows the pin outs of various cables. While a 10 pin to 10 pin Eurorack cable is a rare thing, if he finds one it won’t likely work since the Mos-Lab (and COTK too) have their connectors wired opposite from each other (modules are opposite of buss boards) So, if he found a 10 pin eurorack cable he’d need to cut off one end and attach a new connector with the cable flipped 180 degrees. 😁🙄😊🤓"
flickr cloud of sound touyube NOT A MODERATOR ANYMORE

PhilAiken
Learning to Wiggle

Post by PhilAiken » Mon May 18, 2020 8:59 pm

I had a similar need, and came up with the same solution. I was able to find those 10 pin cables readily on Amazon - bought a couple of long ones, and ordered some new ends. Will cut one down the middle and attach a new end to each exposed side in the correct orientation as suggested above.

PhilAiken
Learning to Wiggle

Post by PhilAiken » Sat May 23, 2020 11:09 am

The above maneuver worked perfectly. I bought a crimping tool, but really a pair of pliers would have worked just fine. I am decidedly not the DIY type with electronics, but THIS ? Easy. It also allows you to make the cords exactly the right length to eliminate the clutter of excess or to avoid strain.

Return to “5U Format Modules”