Marienberg modular system

Moog, Synthesizers.com, MOTM, Modcan, Moon and others..... Go big!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

User avatar
lucid
Common Wiggler
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:46 am
Location: sergeland

Post by lucid » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:35 am

I also see them as European alternative to Modcan.
I wrote a mail to person from webshop http://synmag.1a-shops.eu/ where they offer them.

Response was that they are planning in near future also Engllish description of the catalogue. He will send a mail to me when it is available, so I will post it here.

He also wrote me that they will offer adaptor for dotcom power connectors.

I am interested in their VCO, VCF and EG as axtension to my small dotcom system

There is also this message on synmag webshop page:
"Folgende Module werden zur Musik-Messe 2012 lieferbar sein:

Random-Noise Modul
Quantizer
Sequenzer "
:woah: :hyper:

User avatar
synthnut
Common Wiggler
Posts: 249
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:47 am
Location: UK

Post by synthnut » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:48 am

...
Looking at their attenuators panel, it seems to have a power connector and a DIP IC on there too...
Certainly one of the most engineered ones I've seen!

TTFN,
Ben

www.resynthesis.co.uk
www.bigbluewave.co.uk

User avatar
komyta
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: France

Post by komyta » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:49 am

Thanks for the infos, lucid. :tu:
I really appreciate their offering of an adaptor for dotcom power connectors.
lucid wrote:I am interested in their VCO, VCF and EG as axtension to my small dotcom system.
I too am. 8_)
lucid wrote: (...)they are planning in near future also Engllish description of the catalogue. He will send a mail to me when it is available, so I will post it here.
I shall watch this thread ! :ninja:

So MU keeps expanding... :cloud:

User avatar
galaktyk
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:30 pm

Post by galaktyk » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:51 am

I'm waiting for their sequencer, we'll see what he is able to do and if the functions better than moon modular.

User avatar
SynMag
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:12 pm

Distribution

Post by SynMag » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:02 pm

e-grad wrote:
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch wrote:In my experience, prices are generally fixed by distributors based on the perception of value relative to the marketplace with respect to features, size, reputation of the manufacturer, etc.
Good point yet Marienberg has no "real" distributor. How many Wigglers have done business with SynMag? One? None?

Whether Analgoue Heaven nor Schneider list Marienberg as a make they distribute.
Hello together,
my name is Andreas and I´m the owner of the Synthesizer-Magazin. A few month ago I got to know the producers of the Marienberg-Modular System. Because I´m very excited of this System I start together with both to force the development and the presentation of the system. Our first step was the music exhibition in Frankfurt.
Now we start first activity for distribution of the moduls and we are able to deliver the first moduls. If you have questions, don´t hesitate to ask me. I will take care for answeres.

We have current a catalogue of the system, but it is only partially in English because we need some time for translating all texts. If you are interested I will send it to you. Send me a request by mail.

We start with distribution by ourselfs because we need some time for creating a serial production and to develope more moduls. It is better to start small and savety than to big and fast.

In a short time the first demo system will be able in Stromraum (Stuttgart in Germany) for testing.

All modules in the catalogue are deliverable and following moduls are in development:
a very nice Sequencer
a Quantizer
a complex Random Signal Generator (including Noise Generator)
a voltage controlled Phaser

So I hope I will anser more questions in the future.

Nice greetings
Andreas

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:20 pm

Welcome Andreas/SynMAg! :party:

User avatar
bwhittington
Terrifying Brain Secret
Posts: 5729
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 11:48 pm

Post by bwhittington » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:52 pm

Yes, welcome, Andreas, and thanks for the additional information. I sent you an inquiry via email.

Cheers,
Brian

User avatar
komyta
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: France

Post by komyta » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:56 am

Welcome here Andreas !
I'm very happy to see new offerings in MU (aka "Moog Unit" modules) from Europe ! :yay:

Could you confirm that there will be an adaptor plug for connecting Marienberg modules to Synthesizers.com DC Power Harnesses (as Synthesizers.com's are the most common Power Supply solutions used by MU users) ?

User avatar
SynMag
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:12 pm

adaptor to synthesizers.com

Post by SynMag » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:32 pm

komyta wrote:Welcome here Andreas !
I'm very happy to see new offerings in MU (aka "Moog Unit" modules) from Europe ! :yay:

Could you confirm that there will be an adaptor plug for connecting Marienberg modules to Synthesizers.com DC Power Harnesses (as Synthesizers.com's are the most common Power Supply solutions used by MU users) ?
Sorry for my delay - yes I can confirm it. It is possible to connect our moduls with power bus from synthesizers.com. If the user wish it we will deliver (without surcharge) our moduls with an adaptor.

User avatar
komyta
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: France

Re: adaptor to synthesizers.com

Post by komyta » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:34 pm

SynMag wrote:Sorry for my delay - yes I can confirm it. It is possible to connect our moduls with power bus from synthesizers.com. If the user wish it we will deliver (without surcharge) our moduls with an adaptor.
That's great news ! Thank you very much. :tu:

SDC
Common Wiggler
Posts: 227
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:28 pm

Post by SDC » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:13 am

Newbie question, but it's possible to use Marienberg Midi-Cv module with, let's say, an Arp Odyssey?
I was thinking in getting one of those kenton midi/cv boxes, but if this module works with outboard gear and my modular, awesome.

Second newbie question:
Why most of midi/cv devices doesn't have midi out?


User avatar
SynMag
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:12 pm

Post by SynMag » Tue May 29, 2012 2:54 pm

SDC wrote:Newbie question, but it's possible to use Marienberg Midi-Cv module with, let's say, an Arp Odyssey?
I was thinking in getting one of those kenton midi/cv boxes, but if this module works with outboard gear and my modular, awesome.
Hi,
yes it is possible to use the Midi/CV Module with an ARP Odyssey.

User avatar
Morley
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2935
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:55 pm
Location: Belgium

Post by Morley » Wed May 30, 2012 3:36 am

The people at SynMag are great guys. I have had minimal contact through my work.
The modules (unlike many other module builders) are not built to order, but in stock.
For me, this is a big thing.
Great looking modules. I must try some out.
A system of these with Hordijk modules is possibly what I want.

User avatar
SynMag
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:12 pm

Post by SynMag » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:17 pm

Stereotactixxx wrote:Seems their site is now up and running:

http://marienbergdevices.de/
Hello together,

now we have the first version of a anglish catalogue: You can download it here: http://synmag.1a-shops.eu/

User avatar
johnnly
Partly Porpoise
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:01 am
Location: East London, innit (UK)

Post by johnnly » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:23 am

Thanks for the links, Andreas. Some really interesting units, there - I will have to start saving up my pennies.
It's great to see another European option for 5U.

User avatar
analogsteve
There is no Santa Claus
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:27 pm

Post by analogsteve » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:08 pm

I spoke to one of the Marienberg brothers (probably about a year ago) and was told that while their modules *are* 5U tall, they are actually slightly narrower than the standard Moog module. Maybe this has changed, (or maybe I'm remembering wrong, it was a while ago) but I think these guys are doing their own thing... Can anyone clear this up for me?

User avatar
SynMag
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:12 pm

Post by SynMag » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:52 am

analogsteve wrote:I spoke to one of the Marienberg brothers (probably about a year ago) and was told that while their modules *are* 5U tall, they are actually slightly narrower than the standard Moog module. Maybe this has changed, (or maybe I'm remembering wrong, it was a while ago) but I think these guys are doing their own thing... Can anyone clear this up for me?
Hi analogsteve,

yes, Marienberg is making his own thing, but it is only meaned for power supply. Current Marienberg can deliver all modules with an adapter for synthesizers.com.
The dimensiones of the single modules are exact the dimensions of moog or other 5 HE systems.

nice greetings
Andreas

User avatar
analogsteve
There is no Santa Claus
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:27 pm

Post by analogsteve » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:52 pm

Thanks Andreas. I may just have to put some of these beautiful modules on my "to buy" list...

User avatar
SynMag
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:12 pm

Post by SynMag » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:47 pm

analogsteve wrote:Thanks Andreas. I may just have to put some of these beautiful modules on my "to buy" list...
Fine. :hyper:
And if you have more questions: Don´t hesitate to ask more...

My direct mail is input@synmag.de

For very special questions I can clear all with the Marienbergs and tell it to you.

Putte
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 673
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:54 am
Location: Örebro, Sweden

Post by Putte » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:20 am

No demos yet, as far as I can see. Or?

User avatar
lucid
Common Wiggler
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:46 am
Location: sergeland

Post by lucid » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:07 pm

Putte wrote:No demos yet, as far as I can see. Or?
Waiting for the same thing. Would like to see some demo, just to confirm my decision to go for it... :razz:

User avatar
SynMag
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:12 pm

Post by SynMag » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:11 pm

lucid wrote:
Putte wrote:No demos yet, as far as I can see. Or?
Waiting for the same thing. Would like to see some demo, just to confirm my decision to go for it... :razz:
Here are some videos:









Hope you can enjoy it.

Putte
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 673
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:54 am
Location: Örebro, Sweden

Post by Putte » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:17 pm

Weird, I searched for it in every possible way. Thanks!

User avatar
SynMag
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:12 pm

Post by SynMag » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:57 am

Putte wrote:Weird, I searched for it in every possible way. Thanks!
No, you are right. The Demos were published yesterday. Sorry for this, but I needed some time for this and I finalized last weekend.

Post Reply

Return to “5U Format Modules”