Hello Hordijk System

Moog, Synthesizers.com, MOTM, Modcan, Moon and others..... Go big!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

Adze
Common Wiggler

Post by Adze » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:31 pm

Thank you for the kind words, I am glad you found all the modules you wanted!
Hordijk system really "opened" everything for me, it is a beautiful and unique instrument.

sundog
Veteran Wiggler

Post by sundog » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:31 am

Welcome back Adze!

Here is a 3 cable patch with an envelope pinging the frequency shifter - output sent to a looong EHX Cathedral reverb.

[video][/video]

Neovintage
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Neovintage » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:19 am

Adze wrote:OscHRMsub/DualEnv/24dBfilterVCA, OscSYNC/DualEnv/TwinpeakVCA, DualFader/DualFrqShifter/DualShaper,
NodeProcs/MiniMatrix/TriLFO, Rungler/Rungler/MiniMatrix, Fader/EnvF/Shaper/ OscSYNC/DualPhaser
Sounds nice.

Please share a picture when you have it.
sundog wrote:Welcome back Adze!

Here is a 3 cable patch with an envelope pinging the frequency shifter - output sent to a looong EHX Cathedral reverb.

[video][/video]
Excellent, simple and ambiant. Love it. :guinness:
thehordijkmodular.blogspot.fr

Neovintage
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Neovintage » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:10 am

If anyone would be interested by an OscHRMsub/TrilFO-S&H/TwinPeak panel, I have one for sale at 900e.

sundog
Veteran Wiggler

Post by sundog » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:02 pm

Quick patch vid. Hordijk with EHX Deluxe Memory Boy and Cathedral. No sequencing. Ratcheting produced by Dual Env of voice one sampling OSC HRM Sub Out and S/H out modulating looping Env B - either replicating or multiplying the incoming clock (there are only 2 'random' voltage levels as Sub Out is a square wave). Then Pol B is used Out to trigger the Envelope of the second voice. Also modulation of various Env CV Ins brings it to life!

[video][/video]

Neovintage
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Neovintage » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:18 pm

sundog wrote:Quick patch vid. Hordijk with EHX Deluxe Memory Boy and Cathedral. No sequencing. Ratcheting produced by Dual Env of voice one sampling OSC HRM Sub Out and S/H out modulating looping Env B - either replicating or multiplying the incoming clock (there are only 2 'random' voltage levels as Sub Out is a square wave). Then Pol B is used Out to trigger the Envelope of the second voice. Also modulation of various Env CV Ins brings it to life!

[video][/video]
Love it. Already posted a comment on Youtube :guinness:

max93
Learning to Wiggle

Post by max93 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:53 am

Hello to all! Do you have experience in traveling with sinthesizer in airplane? I am planning how to go to Rob to take my system once it will be ready, march/april probably. I have no experience at all in traveling with musical instrument, and still be a little afraid about that;) Do you have any flight company that you can recomend or any suggestion and tips? I will fly form Venice-Itali, but still planning also to go by car, althought is quite a long trip;)
Thank you in advance!

Neovintage
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Neovintage » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:31 pm

max93 wrote:Hello to all! Do you have experience in traveling with sinthesizer in airplane? I am planning how to go to Rob to take my system once it will be ready, march/april probably. I have no experience at all in traveling with musical instrument, and still be a little afraid about that;) Do you have any flight company that you can recomend or any suggestion and tips? I will fly form Venice-Itali, but still planning also to go by car, althought is quite a long trip;)
Thank you in advance!
I use EasyJet when I need to visit Rob. Took a system several times, never had a problem (apart from one time, I was supposed to take it itto odd-size luggages as usual but it ended with the standard luggages).

I usually use bubblewrap, a lot. Last time, Rob used the same card box the case comes with. No problem at all.

You can also drive. I did it this summer, I am near Geneva. We had several friends to visit on the way so the road was not that long.

max93
Learning to Wiggle

Post by max93 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:18 am

Thank you for the info Neovintage! Have a nice day;)

Adze
Common Wiggler

Post by Adze » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:22 pm

And finally it’s here :)
I’ve decided to go with two standard four triple panel cases instead of one six panel system.
Shipping for the big system was just insane (1450E via UPS), so we decided to go with smaller cases, good thing is that I have two empty triple panel spaces for further expansion.
First case: OSC HRM / DUAL ENV / 24 dB FILTER - OSC SYNC / DUAL ENV / TWINPEAK - NODE PROC / MINI MATRIX / TRIPLE LFO - RUNGLER / RUNGLER / MINI MATRIX
Second case: OSC SYNC / FADER ENVF SHAPER / DUAL PHASER - DUAL FADER / DUAL FREQ SHIFTER / DUAL RM - SHAPER (three single modules are not mine).
I sold my first Hordijk system I’ve bought 3-4 years ago and I never stop regretting so I am very happy to have this amazing instrument with me again :)Image

vgermuse
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by vgermuse » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:54 pm

:party: Congrats! Happy exploring :banana:

swannodette
Learning to Wiggle

Post by swannodette » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:33 pm

Adze wrote: First case: OSC HRM / DUAL ENV / 24 dB FILTER - OSC SYNC / DUAL ENV / TWINPEAK - NODE PROC / MINI MATRIX / TRIPLE LFO - RUNGLER / RUNGLER / MINI MATRIX
Second case: OSC SYNC / FADER ENVF SHAPER / DUAL PHASER - DUAL FADER / DUAL FREQ SHIFTER / DUAL RM - SHAPER (three single modules are not mine).
Is the DUAL RM a new thing? A DUAL RingMod?

Adze
Common Wiggler

Post by Adze » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:40 pm

swannodette wrote:
Adze wrote: First case: OSC HRM / DUAL ENV / 24 dB FILTER - OSC SYNC / DUAL ENV / TWINPEAK - NODE PROC / MINI MATRIX / TRIPLE LFO - RUNGLER / RUNGLER / MINI MATRIX
Is the DUAL RM a new thing? A DUAL RingMod?
No, just the name is different. Rob explained to me that the first part of the shaper is actually a ring mod, so instead of "dual vca shaper" it is now "dual rm shaper", design of the module is the same as before.

Adze
Common Wiggler

Post by Adze » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:41 pm

vgermuse wrote::party: Congrats! Happy exploring :banana:
Thanks!

Neovintage
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Neovintage » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:06 pm

Adze wrote:And finally it’s here :)
I’ve decided to go with two standard four triple panel cases instead of one six panel system. (...)
Congratulations :guinness: :party:
This system is quite insane. Happy tweaking

ear ear
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ear ear » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:55 pm

:tu: @Adze
He throws the ink first and works out what it is later. "I've got to turn that into parrots." - Ralph Steadman

Dave Peck
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dave Peck » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:58 pm

Gorgeous! How is the second cabinet powered?

Adze
Common Wiggler

Post by Adze » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:05 am

Dave Peck wrote:Gorgeous! How is the second cabinet powered?
Thanks! It has its own power supply (standard Hordijk power supply), switch is on the back - not very practical in this arrangement.

blue_lu
Ultra Wiggler

Re: Hello Hordijk System

Post by blue_lu » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:35 am

Unfortunately I might have to sell my system - could anyone give me a approximation of the systems current worth 2nd hand?

It is a 4 pannel system from 2014 I think:

2xOSC HRM,
Dual Fader,
2x Triple LF-VCO,
2x Dual Env,
Twinpeak,
Rungler,
Node Proc.

Thanks for your time...
Hordijk system in action:
Klonk!
Kläng!

Neovintage
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Neovintage » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:48 am

PM about that

100000bps
Common Wiggler

Post by 100000bps » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:30 am

Hello all,

I'm currently running 2x Epoch Modular Benjolin's as the 'heart' of my live music system. All is good, but i lack the options of sync them together/clock them, like, let them behave a bit more. Benjolins in my case are set-up in a way where Benjo #1 rungler out goes to Benjo #2 loop and vice versa creating this push-pull behavior that i love

What led me here was googling about Rob and Robs designs, and as i understand the basic design for Benjo is the Rungler circuit.

Question is - if i get a panel with 2 runglers & twin peak, can i patch it "as benjolin" and create this push-pull behavior between 2 runglers ? I see the stand-alone rungler has much more options, and based on demos a lot more sound - which i like, but i kind of want to make sure that i can interlock chaos vs patters similar to 2x Benjolin setup & clock this to keep it in some kind of relation to everything else thats going on during live set.

Sorry if i'm being dumb.

Neovintage
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Neovintage » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:53 pm

Hello.

I don't quite understand what you mean by "push-pull", maybe this is just the characteristic of the Rungler :despair:
But I would suggest to go for OscSync/Rungler/TwinPeak as a panel. Check the OscSync demos, lots of "Rungly-type" sounds with it.

100000bps
Common Wiggler

Post by 100000bps » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:47 am

Thanks for suggestion; watched the demos and yeah, you are right. Will need two panels then to cover my needs, but yeah...

josaka
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by josaka » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:05 am

OscSync is one of the biggest weapons of 5u..

Neovintage
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Neovintage » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:32 am

If you are going for 2 panels, I would suggest you to order the case with the Eurorack strip. Then you could fit your 2 Benjolins, a new Blippoo Box as well :miley: and some format adaptors.
About the second panel maybe MiniMatrix/Fader/EnvF/Shaper/Phaser/FrqShifter.
Then you will have a compact system capable of many interesting and crazy acousmatic sounds. Perfect for travelling as well.

Return to “5U Format Modules”