What the hell happened to flight of harmony?

Gear, Suggestions and Discussion.

Moderators: Kent, computer controlled, flight

flight
The Plague Bearer

What the hell happened to flight of harmony?

Post by flight » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:59 pm

Hey, y'all, flight here. First, I apologize again for the long quiet. You have been great customers and fans, and you deserve much better than that.

So, what the hell happened to flight of harmony?
Short answer then some TMI: Just about everything, and all within a short period. The worst of which being the loss of my prescription insurance. I doubt it comes as a surprise to most of y'all, but my brain works a bit... oddly. For which, I take medication! Yay, pharmacology. :russian: They help me think!

The fun part there is that coming off the medication was a lot like that classic, heartwarming, family tale of hope and rebirth, Flowers for Algernon. :bang: So, I couldn't do a damn thing for a long while and finally found a job about a week before I became homeless. This job also involves an apprenticeship and three years of school, with classes after work. Ugh.

With that and everything else going on, I haven't had time to do much of anything else. My brain doesn't like working on designs in bits and pieces. I prefer to sit down for a month and do nothing but design and create a new module.

BUT NOW FOR THE (sorta) GOOD STUFF!

I ain't done yet. This is just an extended hiatus for f(h). I have been working on a couple designs that might make a squeak or a beep or two. These will happen.

When? I dunno yet. I still have another year of school, and am also working on digging myself out of various holes in the landscape. There are a couple ideas I have on getting things going again sooner, but I can't make any promises until I know more. Thank you all for your patience.

Now, the current status of f(h) and products:

All sales and manufacturing are now handled by that clever Fox at Foxtone Music. Now that they're handled by a real business-brained person, a few changes had to be made due to economic feasibility:
  • Barebones Packs are discontinued.
  • POWER and V'Amp are discontinued.
  • INM and Quad Plague bearer are not currently available. *sigh*
Due to lack of time and being incredibly embarrassed and guilt-ridden about everything, I've become pretty bad about checking my email (as you've probably noticed). However, HeWhoWantsJeans, who is possibly the best friend, fan, and business associate, a lunatic like me could ever hope to even dream of, is always vigilant, has my phone number, and pokes me when necessary.

Thanks to all, and toodles.
~flight
flight(at)flightofharmony(dot)com
http://www.flightofharmony.com

slow_riot
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by slow_riot » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:50 pm

Hey Flight, sorry to hear of the lull in your overall life trajectory. We're all of us falling apart at the seams near enough, some days the brain is a gift, and some days more like an evil parasite.

Your designs are awesome! It's easy to throw a bunch of expensive ICs into a box (guilty), clone a circuit or hook some minjacks to a digital processor. It is a real art form to make such a deep musical design in such an economical package. Hope you can add more to the f(h) canon when ready.

justin3am
Let's go do some crimes

Post by justin3am » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:19 pm

Sorry to hear you hit a rough patch but it sounds like you have a good attitude about it.

I've always loved my Plague Bearers and Choices has been used in every patch since it landed in my system.

Here's hoping your situation continues to improve. :hug:
"Thank god for the drugs and drums." El-P
3amNoise | Synth Videos

infradead
leader of the secret trombones

Post by infradead » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:14 pm

Glad to hear from you dude!!

It was awesome to see you at the muffwiggler store in Portland last year
forget everything you know about sound, then turn the synth on. You can thank me later - slow_riot

cases: doepfer 6u and monster base

Tacoma Noise Rodeo

causticlogic
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by causticlogic » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:34 pm

Good to see you around, Flight. Hope things continue to get better for you and look forward to whatever you come up with.
RealDudes wrote:there's only one window in my padded cell and all I can see is a hallway
looks like there's blood on the floor again
Bumply wrote:I just want to leave work right now and listen to a nice triangle wave.

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:41 am

Thanks for checking in and I'm glad you are working things through! :hug:

ignatius
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ignatius » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:54 am

it's good to hear from you!

"...coming off the medication..."

enough said! hugs and more hugs!

here's to hoping the next parts of the things are all lined up and going smoothly. thanks for checking in :)

computer controlled
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by computer controlled » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:00 am

Good to see you back! Keep up the good f(l)ight =o] Your mind would be a terrible thing to waste.
Stuff: SH-01A . TR-8S . MX-1 . D-20 . Waldorf MicroQ - Waldorf Microwave II . Ensoniq EPS 16+ . Yamaha MODX6 . MPC Live . Avalon BassLine . Behringer Neutron . Behringer MS-101 . Behringer Pro-1 . Behringer K-2 . Behringer TD-3 . Microvolt 3900 . BeatStep Pro . Keystep .

Soy Sos
Dub Surgeon

Post by Soy Sos » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:42 am

Flight! Respect the architect!

Umcorps
Will patch for food

Post by Umcorps » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:01 am

slow_riot wrote:
Your designs are awesome! It's easy to throw a bunch of expensive ICs into a box (guilty), clone a circuit or hook some minjacks to a digital processor. It is a real art form to make such a deep musical design in such an economical package.
Seconded. PB is legendary but Choices is, hands down, the best joystick controller around. Nothing else comes close.

Really happy to see this thread today.

kuxaan-sum
best wiggler ever!

Post by kuxaan-sum » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:04 am

Hang in there Flight!!!
:hug:

Glad to hear that you are working on some new things...
the road to the sky leading to the umbilical cord of the universe...
kuxaan-sum
Space
Cloud
Tape
Tube

bodo
Veteran Wiggler

Post by bodo » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:29 am

Good to hear from you, was wondering what was going on with f(h) quite often.

More mad love for PB & Choices!

Take care

dan_k
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dan_k » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:37 pm

flight! great to hear from you! :sb:

Your designs have always been innovative and I'm happy to enjoy a good number of them in my cases.

Take care of yourself, finish your schooling and we look forward to what surprises will come in the future.

best! :guinness:

HeWhoWantsJeans
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by HeWhoWantsJeans » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:57 am

Boy, do I feel like a fool for having this slip under my radar. Apparently I got distracted by 'life' or something. Fwoops.

Like flight said, I try and keep my eyes on f(h) discussions and I poke him to raise his attention but if anyone ever needs to reach him, please don't hesitate to PM or email me (erik [at] flightofharmony.com) and I'll double-down on poking him even harder.

Thank you to everyone for your support. :tu:
I've archived over 400 answering machines, and the best of which is constantly updated on Tumblr. Public domain! Enjoy! Donate, too!
http://answerphone.tumblr.com/
http://www.answer-phone.org

e.vil
Common Wiggler

Post by e.vil » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:53 am

Hey dude!
Good luck with everything. :sb:

ArtVark
Learning to Wiggle

Post by ArtVark » Mon May 09, 2016 1:29 pm

Happened to stumble on this topic.
Dude, good luck with getting stuff going again, in the business and personal field.
FYI: the IMP was my first module and the reason I got into the whole Eurorack madness in the first place. Still have no idea what it really does but still love it :hihi:

Return to “Flight of Harmony”