Limited Edition Quad Plague Bearers: pre-orders open

Gear, Suggestions and Discussion.

Moderators: Kent, computer controlled, flight

Locked
User avatar
HeWhoWantsJeans
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2215
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:01 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Limited Edition Quad Plague Bearers: pre-orders open

Post by HeWhoWantsJeans » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:47 pm

Good afternoon, Wigglers.

After receiving a private inquiry about the availability of a Quad Plague Bearer, Flight of Harmony has decided to resurrect the Quad Plague Bearer for a limited quantity run. These final 10 Quad Plague Bearers are housed in a stand-alone desktop unit and will be aluminum on black, like the panel of our Sound of Shadows module:

Image

Technical information:

These are the classic Quad Plague Bearer design, using the r3.3 PCB. The r3.3 is the same in sound and functionality as the 4.0 Plague Bearer module, it just doesn't have an attenuator switch. For information on the Quad Plague Bearer, please visit the product listing on our website (link)

Pricing and Availability
The price for a Quad Plague Bearer is $350 + shipping and handling. These units will be available in January, 2017. Pre-orders are now open and inquiries should be submitted via our contact form (link).

Thank you.
I've archived over 400 answering machines, and the best of which is constantly updated on Tumblr. Public domain! Enjoy! Donate, too!
http://answerphone.tumblr.com/

User avatar
HeWhoWantsJeans
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2215
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:01 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Post by HeWhoWantsJeans » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:05 am

Update: Flight just sent over a render of what the panels are going to look like.
Image
I've archived over 400 answering machines, and the best of which is constantly updated on Tumblr. Public domain! Enjoy! Donate, too!
http://answerphone.tumblr.com/

User avatar
causticlogic
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2074
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:17 am
Location: atop Unknown Kadath seeking the Ultimate Gate

Post by causticlogic » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:47 am

Earlier today I sent info to the contact link about pre-ordering. Let me know if for some reason it didn't go through as I want to make sure I don't miss out. Definitely in for one of these.
RealDudes wrote:there's only one window in my padded cell and all I can see is a hallway
looks like there's blood on the floor again
Bumply wrote:I just want to leave work right now and listen to a nice triangle wave.

User avatar
sloth713
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2645
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:50 pm
Location: Omaha

Post by sloth713 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:27 am

This is very interesting to me as i have always been interested in the Plague Bearer but I m not sure what I would use four for. Sorry to sound dumb and unimaginative but I would not know what to do with more than 2. Any hints or talking me into get a Quad Plague Bearer would be welcome :foh: :whistle: :foh:

User avatar
HeWhoWantsJeans
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2215
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:01 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Post by HeWhoWantsJeans » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:22 pm

sloth713 wrote:This is very interesting to me as i have always been interested in the Plague Bearer but I m not sure what I would use four for. Sorry to sound dumb and unimaginative but I would not know what to do with more than 2. Any hints or talking me into get a Quad Plague Bearer would be welcome :foh: :whistle: :foh:
I can only speak to having two in my system but it's great to process a stereo sound with different settings on each Channel. You can send identical CV sources to the inputs and set the panel settings to be slightly different to bring out different character per channel. I can only wager that doing three (or more) would allow some really interesting processing (ie: Filter 1 -> Left Channel in mix, Filter 2 -> Center (or Left-Center), Filter 3-> Center (or Right-Center), Filter-> Right Channel).

You could also send a signal into all four and then mix them back together, adjusting the mix to taste. I could see that being a really interesting way to process an ambient or drone sound, for instance.

And while this isn't an answer to "why four", my fiance and I did some video synthesis work last night and processing a video-rate oscillator through a Plague Bearer is awesome. The waveshaping and filter allow for some really weird 'trails' (for lack of a better word) in the video signal. I'll try and get some video footage later.
I've archived over 400 answering machines, and the best of which is constantly updated on Tumblr. Public domain! Enjoy! Donate, too!
http://answerphone.tumblr.com/

User avatar
EarlJemmings
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1159
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:05 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada

Post by EarlJemmings » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:59 pm

Very interested, I've been keeping an eye out for a while.
Would these be after the most recent PB iteration, with the jumpered limiter?
[edit- whoops, actually read the whole post this time]

Really hope I'm not too late to get one of these!

User avatar
HeWhoWantsJeans
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2215
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:01 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Post by HeWhoWantsJeans » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:26 pm

EarlJemmings wrote:Very interested, I've been keeping an eye out for a while.
Would these be after the most recent PB iteration, with the jumpered limiter?
[edit- whoops, actually read the whole post this time]

Really hope I'm not too late to get one of these!
Throw in via the Contact form - those submissions go directly to Flight.
:tu:
I've archived over 400 answering machines, and the best of which is constantly updated on Tumblr. Public domain! Enjoy! Donate, too!
http://answerphone.tumblr.com/

User avatar
EarlJemmings
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1159
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:05 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada

Post by EarlJemmings » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:44 pm

Would just like to bump this!
I've pre-ordered, and more people need to know about it

FearKonstruktor
Common Wiggler
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:43 pm
Location: Russia

Post by FearKonstruktor » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:12 pm

Wow! Great news) What's the deadline for preorders?
Have a single one as a eurorack and always thinking about quad..

User avatar
flight
The Plague Bearer
Posts: 1338
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:12 pm
Location: Seattle, WA, US
Contact:

QPB Final Run build update

Post by flight » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:04 am

FearKonstruktor wrote:Wow! Great news) What's the deadline for preorders?
Have a single one as a eurorack and always thinking about quad..
Technically, the deadline has passed, but I never announced what it was so it hasn't! :yay:

Status update:

I apologize, but I had forgotten how much work goes into these and also have never built them while holding a full-time job. The PCBs are all completed & tested and the housings are prepped and assembled. All that is left is to finish the panels and do the final assembly (which goes pretty quickly) and testing. I expect to have them finished by the end of next weekend - Sunday the 22nd - at the latest. A week longer than I had hoped.

I will also send this in an email tonight to those who have placed orders. Thank you all for your patience! :hail:
~flight
flight(at)flightofharmony(dot)com
http://www.flightofharmony.com

User avatar
causticlogic
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2074
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:17 am
Location: atop Unknown Kadath seeking the Ultimate Gate

Re: QPB Final Run build update

Post by causticlogic » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:19 am

flight wrote:
FearKonstruktor wrote:Wow! Great news) What's the deadline for preorders?
Have a single one as a eurorack and always thinking about quad..
Technically, the deadline has passed, but I never announced what it was so it hasn't! :yay:

Status update:

I apologize, but I had forgotten how much work goes into these and also have never built them while holding a full-time job. The PCBs are all completed & tested and the housings are prepped and assembled. All that is left is to finish the panels and do the final assembly (which goes pretty quickly) and testing. I expect to have them finished by the end of next weekend - Sunday the 22nd - at the latest. A week longer than I had hoped.

I will also send this in an email tonight to those who have placed orders. Thank you all for your patience! :hail:

I did not receive an email. If it's just that you haven't sent them out yet, that's fine. If for some reason you did not receive my request to be put on the list for one of these back in October, please let me know. Like I mentioned back then, I don't want to miss out on one of these.
RealDudes wrote:there's only one window in my padded cell and all I can see is a hallway
looks like there's blood on the floor again
Bumply wrote:I just want to leave work right now and listen to a nice triangle wave.

User avatar
flight
The Plague Bearer
Posts: 1338
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:12 pm
Location: Seattle, WA, US
Contact:

Re: QPB Final Run build update

Post by flight » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:51 pm

causticlogic wrote:I did not receive an email. If it's just that you haven't sent them out yet, that's fine. If for some reason you did not receive my request to be put on the list for one of these back in October, please let me know. Like I mentioned back then, I don't want to miss out on one of these.
I didn't get your original email, but I just replied to your last one. There are still a couple left.

The preorder period is now over.
This week I am shipping the preorders, new orders will ship next week. Remaining units are $390.00 + S&H (as thanks to those who already preordered and helped fund this run. It couldn't have happened without y'all!).

@FearKonstruktor: You inquired WAY before the preorder expired, so you still have an in if you get back to me before next week.
~flight
flight(at)flightofharmony(dot)com
http://www.flightofharmony.com

User avatar
flight
The Plague Bearer
Posts: 1338
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:12 pm
Location: Seattle, WA, US
Contact:

Post by flight » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:57 pm

~flight
flight(at)flightofharmony(dot)com
http://www.flightofharmony.com

Locked

Return to “Flight of Harmony”