Plague Bearer: finally starting to get it...

Gear, Suggestions and Discussion.

Moderators: Kent, computer controlled, flight

neilbaldwin
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by neilbaldwin » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:44 am

computer controlled wrote:
nrdvrgr wrote:The PB is fantastic for CV´s, try putting it between a sequencer and the 1v/oct input of your oscillator.
I've always wanted to try this, but never got around to it! Works pretty good eh?
Ha ha, I was playing with this last night. Resuts are....unpredictable....but it made me giggle :yay:

solarmodulars
Common Wiggler

Post by solarmodulars » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:30 am

:lol: will see the momentum soon... :guinness:
Random curve.

solarmodulars
Common Wiggler

Post by solarmodulars » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:01 pm

stunning.
Random curve.

MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:57 pm

Cat-A-Tonic wrote:I have a pair with custom panels and extra attenuators.
I find that attenuation is the key to using it as a subtle effect or vc-ish filter. Best value. Very unique. :alien:

mhtones
Dreams in CV

Post by mhtones » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:04 pm

I've had a PB since I started my modular a couple years ago. After a while, I too found myself always squeezing similar sounds out of it. I kind of lost interest in it and it's been sitting relatively unused. But a few weeks ago I got a hold of a choices joystick. The choices was bought to accompany my new JAG. However, this morning I thought about using the choices with the PB (u know, a little flight incest :hihi:). And wow! The choices really allowed me to quickly and easily dial into the areas of interest on the PB. And allowed me to "play" the PB and really make it come alive! I now think that I'm going to have to change some plans in my case to leave the PB in there in close proximity to my new favorite performance tool. And I totally agree with the previous comment that the PB is a cost conscious alternative to a Sherman FB. I was dialing into some great distorted filter type sounds I usually grab my Sherman for. Hmmm, maybe my Sherman will be used to fund my next row of euro! :hihi:

DanielW
Ultra Wiggler

Post by DanielW » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:09 pm

This is an example of Plague Bearers doing their thing:

http://soundcloud.com/neizvestija/120705-1

Setup: Tiptop Z8000 sequencer, WMD Micro Hadron Collider filter,the Plague Bearers, WMD Geiger Counter, Make Noise Optomix. Clock source: Machinedrum.

Two tracks, with the same patch. The Plague Bearers act all kinds of fantastic when cross patched, the WMD filter is treated to CV on all parameters from the Z8000.

FX by Eventide and Valhalla.

Return to “Flight of Harmony”