choices joystick potentiometers

Gear, Suggestions and Discussion.

Moderators: Kent, computer controlled, flight

snufkin
Ultra Wiggler

choices joystick potentiometers

Post by snufkin » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:37 am

Hi guys I have a question

I recently got a 4 pot joystick at a surplus place and was thinking I might be able to build up two barebones choices kits to build a dual parallel joystick module for myself, basically everything twice as I have one more sets of pots moving in the same way

the pots are measuring around 18k on this thing is there any chance components can be swapped out on the bare bones kit as I am aware it's designed for 100k pots

thanks

Chris
WTB: any Digisound80 / Digisound 80 faceplates/pcbs/kits.

snufkin
Ultra Wiggler

Post by snufkin » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:59 pm

bump

snufkin
Ultra Wiggler

Post by snufkin » Wed May 02, 2012 6:20 am

one last try, any input on this ????

Tombola
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Tombola » Wed May 02, 2012 6:31 am

I have never seen the schematic for the Choices joystick, but I would *imagine* the pots will be set up as voltage dividers.

If so, the change from 100k to 18k shouldn't make any difference to the circuit at all, assuming they're both linear.

Ken Stone's joystick module page has some other suggestions: http://www.cgs.synth.net/modules/joystick.html

ersatzplanet
Synthwerks Design

Post by ersatzplanet » Wed May 02, 2012 9:59 am

You should be able to use any pot in the voltage creating peer - the choices also processes signals directly and that side of the circuit might be more finicky. The only advantage of using this dual action is if you want to have different ranges on the same axis or inverted action but I would imagine that an inverter or a scaler coddle would be cheaper (or as cheap) than two joystick circuits - and a lot more flexible.
-James

James Husted - Synthwerks, LLC - www.synthwerks.com - info@synthwerks.com - james@synthwerks.com
Synthwerks is a proud member of the Mostly Modular Trade Association (http://www.mostlymodular.com).
Always looking to trade for Doepfer P6 cases

Return to “Flight of Harmony”