Chirper!

Modular and other sound devices from BugBrand.

Moderators: Kent, BugBrand

deltaAquarii
Common Wiggler

Post by deltaAquarii » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:38 am

would be really cool if the env-amp box would have also clock generation with some divisions and a lpg!

i generally like the red idea with "modular building blocks".

BugBrand
Knowledge of Bugs

Post by BugBrand » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:19 am

deltaAquarii wrote:would be really cool if the env-amp box would have also clock generation with some divisions and a lpg!

The design has some nice features, but not clocking/division (kind of imagined DDSR as a nice compliment).

T. Jervell
Wiggling with Experience

Post by T. Jervell » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:32 am

BugBrand wrote:The design has some nice features, but not clocking/division (kind of imagined DDSR as a nice compliment).
I agree! I’ve been thinking of a 11FW with DDSR, Chirper and the Env/Amp. That would be lovely. Even been toying with the idea of moding the Chirper for extra ins/outs and place the bananajack on the side-«cheeks» :nana:

deltaAquarii
Common Wiggler

Post by deltaAquarii » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:14 pm

BugBrand wrote:
deltaAquarii wrote:would be really cool if the env-amp box would have also clock generation with some divisions and a lpg!

The design has some nice features, but not clocking/division (kind of imagined DDSR as a nice compliment).
sounds good!
4 tuned voltages with little pressure points would be amazing too! :woah: :hyper:

PLNB
Common Wiggler

Post by PLNB » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:40 pm

After a search within the dusty closet, I found a passive Meng QI arcade box with four sanwa arcade buttons which act as either pass through normal, or with a flip of a switch, they gate the incoming signal. The beauty of this box is that it has both 1/4 audio and banana options for each button, so I can now gate/drone the audio from Chirper while triggering the three external mod signals.

SPIKE the Percussionist
Veteran Wiggler

Post by SPIKE the Percussionist » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:14 am

-
-
Chirper providing lots of drone for tonight's installment of Late Night Noiz for Late Night Fiends:

[video][/video]
++

more noiz!

SPIKE the Percussionist

- http://www.manipulate.net -

ASTROGENIC HALLUCINAUTING
CoRE - Constructs of Ritual Evolution
DOGGEBI
Fiddle Witch and the Demons of Doom
morgue city
Unified Space

deltaAquarii
Common Wiggler

Re: Chirper!

Post by deltaAquarii » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:07 am

hey,

i am looking for a chirper.
if someone has one for sale, please dm me!

cheers!

castano
Common Wiggler

Post by castano » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:20 am

I would love to have a Chirper expander!

vassili
Common Wiggler

Post by vassili » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:09 am

It looks like Tom stopped making them...

deltaAquarii
Common Wiggler

Post by deltaAquarii » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:09 am

lets hope its just discontinued for an improved version...

BugBrand
Knowledge of Bugs

Post by BugBrand » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:25 am

Nothing planned as yet - though you know how my mind bubbles (often for a long time).
It's been a year or so now since I had Chirpers - and the year before that they'd moved quite slowly.
Personally I have mixed feelings because I think it was a cool little exploration setup but a bit different from either the blues or the rest of the reds.
I often thought that it would benefit from becoming more in-depth in 'proper' blue form - but, as always, ideas are easy enough...
So, for now, it is in deep freeze.

T. Jervell
Wiggling with Experience

Post by T. Jervell » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:25 am

BugBrand wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:25 am
Nothing planned as yet - though you know how my mind bubbles (often for a long time).
It's been a year or so now since I had Chirpers - and the year before that they'd moved quite slowly.
Personally I have mixed feelings because I think it was a cool little exploration setup but a bit different from either the blues or the rest of the reds.
I often thought that it would benefit from becoming more in-depth in 'proper' blue form - but, as always, ideas are easy enough...
So, for now, it is in deep freeze.
Well Tom, I’ve said this so many times before, I guess I’m starting to sound like a broken record, but I LOVE the Chirper :love:
Of course one could argue that adding «this or that» would «open» it up. I remember you mentioned an expander vca/eg/s&h that never saw the light of day, but really, I don’t honestly miss those functions when I play the Chirper.
The way I see it, it is a great standalone device, with it’s linitations, yes, but that is also inspiring! I find it really flexible and well thought out.
Saddens me to hear that it is in deep freeze, but I’m sure you’ll cook up something new and exciting :hihi:
Fingers crossed!

BugBrand
Knowledge of Bugs

Post by BugBrand » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:58 am

Well, I reckon there's 100-120 out there (think two batches?) - the trouble now (especially the last year) is how many plates I can spin.. If I had more time I'd maybe reconsider, but I've had only a couple of requests for them the last year so it doesn't feel like a viable use of limited time & resources at present.

T. Jervell
Wiggling with Experience

Post by T. Jervell » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:02 am

BugBrand wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:58 am
Well, I reckon there's 100-120 out there (think two batches?) - the trouble now (especially the last year) is how many plates I can spin.. If I had more time I'd maybe reconsider, but I've had only a couple of requests for them the last year so it doesn't feel like a viable use of limited time & resources at present.
Yeah! Makes total sense of course ;)
I just felt I had to praise the Chirper, again :hihi:

a100user
All the gear, no idea!

Post by a100user » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:19 am

Maybe the expander is worth revisiting Tom.

I have recently been getting reacquainted with mine and a few extras to open it further would be welcome
I'm looking for nothing at this moment in time

BananaPlug
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by BananaPlug » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:30 pm

T. Jervell wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:02 am
BugBrand wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:58 am
- the trouble now (especially the last year) is how many plates I can spin... I've had only a couple of requests for them the last year so...
Yeah! Makes total sense of course ;)
I just felt I had to praise the Chirper, again :hihi:
Count me in as a big Chirper fan though I understand Tom's reluctance. Most of it anyway.
I think it was a cool little exploration setup but a bit different from either the blues or the rest of the reds.
I often thought that it would benefit from becoming more in-depth in 'proper' blue form
I think that difference is part of what I like about it.
:nana: “Could only have been painted by a madman.”

freakynorth
Withered Gardener

Post by freakynorth » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:41 pm

I got a Chirper in a bundle of bug stuff and I have the Macumbista Benjolin already so I was thinking it would be similar enough that I may part with it.. but honestly it’s pretty damn cool and pairs up real nicely with the Benjolin among other things! Definitely gets into territory I didn’t expect.
It seems like these days people are looking for stand alone boxes like the Benjolin/Chirper/Blippoo/Grackler/Double Knot kind of deal (which is awesome)
Especially with the release of all those Make Noise stand alone boxes that people are going crazy for right now!
I don’t have a bug rack set up.. plan on getting there long term but I quite enjoy the standalone thing right now so it fits in perfectly size wise and sonically!
Extra options would be cooool!
WANT TO BUY:
Bugbrand - CTL-1, Spring Tanker
Bugbrand/Scrotum Lab - Grille/Grilles, Radio Music, Le Seq/Le Seqx, Tresses

BugBrand
Knowledge of Bugs

Post by BugBrand » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:45 pm

a100user wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:19 am
Maybe the expander is worth revisiting Tom.

I have recently been getting reacquainted with mine and a few extras to open it further would be welcome
The issue with this (other than time & the existing number of bubbling ideas..) is that I didn't really design expansion in to the Chirper PCB - so really everything would have to be revisited & redone with expansion headers built in.

But, yeah, ideally it'd be a frame of DDSR/Chirper/Chirp-Expander..

a100user
All the gear, no idea!

Post by a100user » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:04 pm

Oh well having two out of three will have to do ;o)

Cheers Tom, keep well.
I'm looking for nothing at this moment in time

Return to “BugBrand Devices”