Hard Case for 2-Frame - suggestions?

Modular and other sound devices from BugBrand.

Moderators: Kent, infradead, BugBrand

/\/\/\/
Common Wiggler

Hard Case for 2-Frame - suggestions?

Post by /\/\/\/ » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:11 am

Anyone have a good solution for Bugs on the go? My current method is wrapping the 2-Frame in a bath towel for extra cushion (and to round out the sharp corners of the case) and then putting it in a large backpack. This works fine although I would like something that provides a bit of protection for the pots, or for longer journeys.

Pelican case seems good:
https://www.pelicancases.com/Pelican-1490-P120.aspx

Maybe someone has found a better/cheaper solution?

chrisdermo
Ultra Wiggler

Post by chrisdermo » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:30 am

I used (and still use) this for a two framer when i take it out and about:

was a £30 jobby from maplin in the uk. Granted I had to remove most of the padding inside but the knob face is protected by foam and i wedge foam around all the edges for cushioning. I'm not throwing it around so it's been fine for me.

Maplin were a rubbish company though, good riddance.
WTB: Bugbrand SEQ1, PRC2B, CLK2B, DD3,

Current Bugs frame:
https://www.modulargrid.net/f/racks/view/580413

indexofmetals
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by indexofmetals » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:08 am

I have a pelican case which I used for my two frames and it's been worth the extra price.

emenel
Learning to Wiggle

Post by emenel » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:28 pm

indexofmetals wrote:I have a pelican case which I used for my two frames and it's been worth the extra price.
Which size case fits two frames nicely? and is there space for power, cables, etc?

indexofmetals
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by indexofmetals » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:57 pm

my case for the bug frames is back in the UK but i've got the peli air 1555 for some smaller custom boxes that fit two frames worth and it's just about the same size but a bit lighter.

/\/\/\/
Common Wiggler

Post by /\/\/\/ » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:38 pm

Thanks for the input. Chris's case looks pretty adequate to me.

For whatever reason, I clicked the Pelican Air promo vid and it made me smile to think of all the various military / extreme outdoors / industrial people carrying Pelican cases with SynthVoices inside. They do look top quality though. May try to find a used one.

otoskope
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by otoskope » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:34 am

I have a DJ backpack which fits my 2x16FW system nicely (or 2x11FW + some other machines), with generous padding and room for plenty of extras (laptop, PSU, cables). It's one of the Magma backpacks, a taller version. Lot's of good cases in the DJ world, that fits desktop modulars.

For 2x11FW shallows, I have also used a padded suitcase, very similar to Chris' thing. Those can often be found cheaply in hardware stores.

When travelling far, I have sometimes stuffed a bug system in my check-in suitcase, with masonite baords on both sides (and strings around to keep in place) to protect panel&pots, and plenty of clothes etc around for padding.
The brain is always greener on the other side.

soundcloud1 soundcloud2
bandcamp
youtube

syncretism
Morbidly self-aware and liking it

Re: Hard Case for 2-Frame - suggestions?

Post by syncretism » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:38 am

Do you reckon the 1556 Air might be too snug for a pair of double frames with power and cables?

https://www.pelican.com/us/en/product/cases/air/1556

Ack, I'll probably have a couple small 5fw things, too, like the DRM1. Suddenly the 1615 doesn't seem so crazy.

BananaPlug
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Hard Case for 2-Frame - suggestions?

Post by BananaPlug » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:43 pm

I'm using an SKB case.
Outside: 22" x 18.5" x 8.5"
Inside: 20.5" x 15.5" x 7.44"
I just turn the frac 90 degrees, leaving things patched, lower that and the euro into the box and pack odds and ends around them. A thin piece of plywood on top for more accessories and cables. That and a powered speaker is the whole setup. Hand carried of course.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “BugBrand Devices”