"Social Distancing" DIY Bug 2F Case

Modular and other sound devices from BugBrand.

Moderators: Kent, BugBrand

hollunderkurve
Learning to Wiggle

"Social Distancing" DIY Bug 2F Case

Post by hollunderkurve » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:35 pm

Hey fellow Bug-Wigglers - I have seen so many great DIY cases on here for Bugbrand frames, and then ended up taking the afternoon to work on my own. Just an old American Tourist suitcase, some dense foam cut to dimensions with about an inch left as flooring, and then some fabric over it. Fits snug, and of course if the Bug needs to go on any kind of journey I can strap him in - even with a patch in place! The top is roomy enough that you can keep any patch in during transport, or for more serious travel, take the cables out and put a pillow in or a few sweaters... ;)

Hope you all are well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

batchas
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: "Social Distancing" DIY Bug 2F Case

Post by batchas » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:01 am

Nice!
It's cool you have enough space for the power supply on the left. And also for the patch(ed) cables. Very cool :tu:
FS: New Orgone Accumulator MK2 for BugBrand/FRAC
-----------------------------------
www.batchas.com

BugBrand
Knowledge of Bugs

Post by BugBrand » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:15 am

2Frame for isolation!
It is a good size balancing portability with possibility!

Recently reminded of the soft-cases I got made in around 2012 for 2x16FW cases -- would be great to rediscover a place to make that sort of thing - they weren't too expensive to get made. The old big linear PSUs were the killer back then - much easier now with the DC bricks.

Not something you'd use with patch cables left in though.. (guess I've never wanted to do that).

hollunderkurve
Learning to Wiggle

Post by hollunderkurve » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:59 pm

BugBrand wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:15 am
2Frame for isolation!
It is a good size balancing portability with possibility!

Recently reminded of the soft-cases I got made in around 2012 for 2x16FW cases -- would be great to rediscover a place to make that sort of thing - they weren't too expensive to get made. The old big linear PSUs were the killer back then - much easier now with the DC bricks.

Not something you'd use with patch cables left in though.. (guess I've never wanted to do that).
haha - yes, I just get very nervous about touching even one thing once I have something where I like it... though, that is (more than) half the fun in any case - never the same twice, even if you just come back and have touched nothing :hihi:

Return to “BugBrand Devices”