3.5mm to ground/banana

Modular and other sound devices from BugBrand.

Moderators: Kent, BugBrand

Dsquid
Learning to Wiggle

3.5mm to ground/banana

Post by Dsquid » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:30 am

I want to trigger my DRM2 from a euro setup, I’ve emailed Tom re: his cables for this but haven’t heard back yet. I have plenty of 3.5mm and banana patch cables, and a soldering iron so figured I might as well try to DIY if that’s all I need. Is it? Are there any resources/instructions for making the 3.5mm to trigger and 0v on your own?

BananaPlug
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: 3.5mm to ground/banana

Post by BananaPlug » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:15 am

Did you read the manual? It’s on the website. Last page explains interfacing. It’s very simple.
(Sounds)--> :eek:

BugBrand
Knowledge of Bugs

Post by BugBrand » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:01 am

As mentioned via email // or sure it is searchable here on the forum.. Pretty simple - in theory at least!

I use Neutrik NYS226 for the single cables, but NYS226L for the twin (with 0V) because these have larger diameter cable holes.

All you're doing is sleeve to black cable / 0V and signal cable to tip.

OR establish a solid 0V connection (more permanent) between systems and then you just need single wire signal cables.

northerntao
Common Wiggler

Post by northerntao » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:40 pm

I have a couple of the interface cables I got from Tom that work great for triggering / modulating my DRM2. Though when I get the 2 row modular we’ve planned, I’ll probably get another UTL-1, which works great for me. Ultimately it’s more cables, but no need to build any hybrid cables. Just plug into the black ground in the back and patch away.

http://www.lowgain-audio.com/

Return to “BugBrand Devices”