AHA moments

Modular and other sound devices from BugBrand.

Moderators: Kent, BugBrand

DickMarker
Veteran Wiggler

AHA moments

Post by DickMarker » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:50 pm

So I'm on a little WhatsApp group that shoots the shit about synth related stuff, and was extolling the virtues of my Bugbrand frames, when I had an 'aha' moment talking about the DDSR in relation to S&H and random(ish) pitch modulation.

It occurred to me (and this may have already occurred to you - in fact, I've since noticed that Tom actually mentions using noise as a data source for the DDSR in the manual) to patch up the left hand part of the Dual Amplifier to generate white noise - ie the wavefolder patched back on itself and cranked - and then feed that into the Data input on the DDSR.
Lo and behold, you do get far more randomised output pitch from the D/A outputs, much like a S&H type effect, even when set to recirculate.
Can be a little sticky - I imagine this is due to the logic side of the module - occasionally you'll get a little train of the same pitch, although that doesn't last too long.

Kinda obvious but had never occurred to me - have you got any good aha moments/tricks with Bugbrand that you'd care to share? Love this stuff.

Tajnost
Wiggling with Experience

Re: AHA moments

Post by Tajnost » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:06 pm

video examples please : )

DickMarker
Veteran Wiggler

Re: AHA moments

Post by DickMarker » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:49 pm

If I can find the time and/or will ;)

Return to “BugBrand Devices”