SE Boomstar

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

Bata
Learning to Wiggle

Re: SE Boomstar

Post by Bata » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:26 pm

thevegasnerve wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:23 pm
Curious if anyone is still enjoying or have added any Boomstars to their collection. I love my SE80 and have picked up a 4075 because I like the SE80 so much. really powerful little boxes with a ton of knobs for the size..
I have the one with the Moog type filter I forget the number. I like it. I have a few similar monos (pro-1, mono/poly, source) and it holds its own against them and has a few features going for it like the loopable envelope generator, the ringmod, and the sine wave on VCO 1. It's size is nice for the amount of sounds it can do.

thevegasnerve
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by thevegasnerve » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:02 pm

yeah, the CS80 has an extra high pass filter and resonance on the top, very cool. and definitely like having the sine wave as an option. I have been using the one Boomstar as a drone instrument cause there are so many options to mess with on the panel.

stikygum
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by stikygum » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:51 pm

I have the SE80 and like it quite a bit. Has good bottom end to it and playing with the filters is quite fun. The ATC-1/X/i are all great sounding too. SE synths have always had 'tone' and character. Compared to many other modern budget analog monos, SE synths are like the big juicy and greasy deluxe cheeseburger compared to a regular hamburger.
WTB: EML 101

Return to “General Gear”