Gotharman's SpazeDrum

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

stikygum
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Gotharman's SpazeDrum

Post by stikygum » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:09 pm

SPIKE the Percussionist wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:04 am
First noiz with the SpazeDrum...

--

Noiz generated from:
Gotharman's SpazeDrum
Error Instruments Invader Box and Data Synth
Deluge
Monome norns running the Cheat Codes script
Sequential Pro 3

--

Visual noiz generated by:
Erogenous Tones Structure
Ming Mecca World Core
Critter & Guitari ETC
Gotharman's Little Deformer 3
Nice set! What's the reverb from? I'm curious is the Spazedrum just doing the drums sounds or other things too? It sounds like the Error Instruments synths are coming in for those really glitchy sounds. I'm not hearing much Pro 3 in this, known to me, or is it the growly sound coming at the 2 min mark and the other standard pitched/harmonic type sounds?
WTB: EML 101

Sir Ruff
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Sir Ruff » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:54 pm

gotharman wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:42 am
The first SpazeDrum presets…

Lovely... this thing really sounds like an electro-industrial dream.
Benjamin Vraja (1950-1996) - Anthology: https://benjaminvraja.bandcamp.com/album/anthology

SPIKE the Percussionist
Veteran Wiggler

Post by SPIKE the Percussionist » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:27 am

stikygum wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:09 pm
SPIKE the Percussionist wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:04 am
First noiz with the SpazeDrum...

--

Noiz generated from:
Gotharman's SpazeDrum
Error Instruments Invader Box and Data Synth
Deluge
Monome norns running the Cheat Codes script
Sequential Pro 3

--

Visual noiz generated by:
Erogenous Tones Structure
Ming Mecca World Core
Critter & Guitari ETC
Gotharman's Little Deformer 3
Nice set! What's the reverb from? I'm curious is the Spazedrum just doing the drums sounds or other things too? It sounds like the Error Instruments synths are coming in for those really glitchy sounds. I'm not hearing much Pro 3 in this, known to me, or is it the growly sound coming at the 2 min mark and the other standard pitched/harmonic type sounds?
THANKS!
the reverb is from an Eventide Space.
Spazedrum is doing some heavy percussive noiz work.
the more traditional sounding drum sounds are coming from the Deluge.
the Invader Box and Data Synth are being glitched up through norns.
you are correct about the growl from the Pro 3!
the Pro 3 is working in combination with the results of the Invader Box and the Data Synth for the pitched stuff.
++

more noiz!

SPIKE the Percussionist

- http://www.manipulate.net -

ASTROGENIC HALLUCINAUTING
CoRE - Constructs of Ritual Evolution
DOGGEBI
Fiddle Witch and the Demons of Doom
morgue city
Unified Space

gotharman
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by gotharman » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:00 am

flx wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:59 am
Cool! Read through the manual sections that were new to me, as a LD3 owner, and it seems nicely focused on the drums, while still keeping some cool features from the deFormer (sampling, sequencing, effects and modulation).
Thank you very much for taking your time to study the manual. I hope that you will enjoy your SpazeDrum!

gotharman
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by gotharman » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:00 am

weinglas wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:39 pm
What a wonderful and deep drum machine/synthesizer. And it sounds like nothing else out there!

Great work Flemming! :hail: :love: :yay: :tu: :tu:
Thank you very much friend! Great to hear that you are enjoying your SpazeDrum!

gotharman
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by gotharman » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:02 am

paperCUT wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:16 pm
gotharman wrote:

You always make the most amazing presets :yay:
Thank you very much! More presets are in the making...

gotharman
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by gotharman » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:02 am

Sir Ruff wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:54 pm
gotharman wrote:

Lovely... this thing really sounds like an electro-industrial dream.
Thank you very much!

gotharman
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by gotharman » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:04 am

A new update are available, that fixes some bugs:

-If a sequencer note track resolution was set to 1/24 or higher, and the track had some empty steps, and then some active steps, the second active step would not play back. This has now been fixed.

-If the Variator effect was selected, either as insert or output effect, it would, at certain effect settings, sometimes cause SpazeDrum to crash, and write "HARDFAULT" in the display. This might also have applied to other effects. This has now been fixed.

-It was not possible to select sample chop points in Graphical Sample Edit. This is now possible, using the step buttons and the Bar Select. User manual has been updated.

-It was possible to select knob controller tracks steps 65-128, even though the knob controller tracks max can be 64 steps long. This has now been fixed.

-The Analog Cymbal has 2 types of FM, that were both named FM, and it could be hard to figure out, which was which. The squared FM has now been renamed to SQ.

-The MIDI program change input parameter has been moved from the COMMON page to the COM2 page. It could not be set on the COMMON page :)

-The Steps parameter in the unsynced Granulator was missing its brown knob. This has now been added.

Get the update here:

http://www.gotharman.dk/spazedrum_updates.htm

flx
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by flx » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:06 am

Received my SpazeDrum on Monday and played with it last night for the first time. I’m happy to report that I do not miss the touchscreen from the LD3 so far, in case anybody was wondering about that too. The function buttons to jump into menus and the quick left/right navigation work great for me. I feel like the order of the parameters allows me to move mostly to the right, so when designing a new sound, I’d simply go to the OSC menu and then adjust, move right, adjust, move right, etc. until I’m done with all the menus that I want to go through. So thanks to the function buttons again, the menu structure is very flat and the control layout is designed well for two-handed editing.

It’s also cool that one can just hold the morph button now, to quickly jump to a specific bar with the step buttons. While it‘s only a tiny bit quicker than on the LD3, it somehow kept me more in the step programming flow :)
You can also find and contact me here:
tuesdaynightmachines@gmail.com
YouTube
nightmachines.tv

gotharman
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by gotharman » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:58 am

flx wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:06 am
Received my SpazeDrum on Monday and played with it last night for the first time. I’m happy to report that I do not miss the touchscreen from the LD3 so far, in case anybody was wondering about that too. The function buttons to jump into menus and the quick left/right navigation work great for me. I feel like the order of the parameters allows me to move mostly to the right, so when designing a new sound, I’d simply go to the OSC menu and then adjust, move right, adjust, move right, etc. until I’m done with all the menus that I want to go through. So thanks to the function buttons again, the menu structure is very flat and the control layout is designed well for two-handed editing.

It’s also cool that one can just hold the morph button now, to quickly jump to a specific bar with the step buttons. While it‘s only a tiny bit quicker than on the LD3, it somehow kept me more in the step programming flow :)
Really great to hear, that you are already enjoying your new SpazeDrum. Thank you very much!

flx
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by flx » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:13 pm

I was playing around with sequence morphing and realized that I never really had the need to fully understand it on my LD3. For working with the SpazeDrum however, I thought it might be nice to know exactly how the sequences are morphed under the hood, to be able to create more deliberate and rhythmic patterns. Could you maybe explain a little bit (when you have time) what the knob positions between the A and B do to form the sequence variations?
You can also find and contact me here:
tuesdaynightmachines@gmail.com
YouTube
nightmachines.tv

Return to “General Gear”