Gear That Ought To Be Cloned

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe., lisa

n3wt15
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Gear That Ought To Be Cloned

Post by n3wt15 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:58 pm

Im pretty happy with the gear in my arsenal, but if a clone of a Sh7 came about, I would probably jump on it.

To the nord discussion, I have a love/ hate with the G2, a modern nord modular, with sample, and CV in a similar form factor ( that g2 keyboard is my favorite live synth for its size and function, I wish my v-synth was the same size, and did multitimbral as well)
Im actually surprised Clavia hasnt jumped on the euro bandwagon, i mean hell, Id love a nord 1 rack with CV control

Voltcontrol
Ravey Dave

Post by Voltcontrol » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:34 am

revtor wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:49 pm
For the fellow tape heads out there... I know it’s taking forever and feature creep is a bitch.. but the TE2 will be going live in 2021, I can feel it!
D6CB5D79-EE5C-4FC6-BFC0-10F4E18551DD.jpeg
You mean this right? :love:

The website of the SPACE CASE tape echo is down and no action on their Insta unfortunately. I really like the TE1, would love to have one:
Gaun Yersel!

Voltcontrol
Ravey Dave

Post by Voltcontrol » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:35 am

n3wt15 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:58 pm
Im pretty happy with the gear in my arsenal, but if a clone of a Sh7 came about, I would probably jump on it.

To the nord discussion, I have a love/ hate with the G2, a modern nord modular, with sample, and CV in a similar form factor ( that g2 keyboard is my favorite live synth for its size and function, I wish my v-synth was the same size, and did multitimbral as well)
Im actually surprised Clavia hasnt jumped on the euro bandwagon, i mean hell, Id love a nord 1 rack with CV control
Oh yeahhhh! G2 infused with modern Euro thinking and the functionality you mention would be :deadbanana: :deadbanana: :deadbanana:
Gaun Yersel!

KSS
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by KSS » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:23 am

:agree:
A modernized G2 surely does belong on this list.

sonicsavant
Learning to Wiggle

Post by sonicsavant » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:51 am

As a massive 80s Rush fan Oberheim OB-X/OB-Xa and the Waldorf PPG wave.

The digital trio as I call them Yamaha DX7, Roland D-50, Korg M1.
I know used ones are cheap but still 30+ year old electronics. There is something about these early digisynths that just have so much nostalgia and character.

The kings. Yamaha CS-80, DX-1. Especially the CS 80 because emulations don't do justice since finding a midi controller that sends poly aftertouch and has a ribbon controller is not easy.

Return to “General Gear”