Musikmesse 2015: E-RM Multiclock -no more DAW sync problems?

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: lisa, Kent, Joe.

fattyparts
Common Wiggler

Post by fattyparts » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:09 am

Happyanimal wrote: I have it syncing to both my MPC's with no issues. Using the sample provided by erm, you'll have to make the following-

24ppqn = 1 beat of 32 note triplets doubled. Syncs as designed when you do what it expects. It will follow tempo shifts very smoothly.
hi, thanks for the reply.

forgive my ignorance, but how do i program"32 note triplets doubled"?

does that mean programming a line using note repeat @ 1/64(3) ?
i'm pretty sure I tried that, but to no avail. will try again!

i recently tried programming a click track using ERM's sample with note repeat in all it's divisions but still unable to get the multiclock to sync. i'm going to try again this weekend.

I also tried using ERM as master, but the BPC counter in the MPC does not change, although it does keep in sync.

Happyanimal
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Happyanimal » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:03 pm

fattyparts wrote:
Happyanimal wrote: I have it syncing to both my MPC's with no issues. Using the sample provided by erm, you'll have to make the following-

24ppqn = 1 beat of 32 note triplets doubled. Syncs as designed when you do what it expects. It will follow tempo shifts very smoothly.
hi, thanks for the reply.

forgive my ignorance, but how do i program"32 note triplets doubled"?

does that mean programming a line using note repeat @ 1/64(3) ?
i'm pretty sure I tried that, but to no avail. will try again!

i recently tried programming a click track using ERM's sample with note repeat in all it's divisions but still unable to get the multiclock to sync. i'm going to try again this weekend.

I also tried using ERM as master, but the BPC counter in the MPC does not change, although it does keep in sync.

I got rid of the 2500. Only using live now. I program the sequence then double it (2x) in sequence parameters. Make sure you are sending that sample and that sample only sample out to a single output then plugging into E-RM analog input.

See attachment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fattyparts
Common Wiggler

Post by fattyparts » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:41 am

thanks very much, i thought i had already tried programming this same sequence before. i must have dome something wrong?!? the photo is very useful, i will try and again and use it as reference. cheers.

Alume
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Alume » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:23 pm

Hi guys,

I searched the forums a bit and probably did a bad job doing so but i have an issue I havent been able to solve (yet!).

I'm trying to clock my Trigger Riot to the analog output of channel 1. I set the pulses to trigger, though it seems to work with gates too.

Its running in sync after i found out that i had to dived the multiclocks output by 1/16. This gives me a nice 4/4 beat.

the only thing is that the TR randomly jumpes into the sequence, I gues its partly got to do with the reset but im not sure how to approach(pretty new to this)

would the erm modular cable solve anything?
https://www.schneidersladen.de/en/erm-modular-whip.html

Thanks for the help!
:)

Alume
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Alume » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:27 pm

I see now that the tip is clock and the ring is start! Will try this ASAP

RTFM strikes again :miley:
:)

air
Learning to Wiggle

Post by air » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:59 pm

echoplex wrote:
Paranormal Patroler wrote:Actually I found info on their site:
In the video they said "you can start and stop them on the fly", which is not as cool as the SND which always starts things at the beginning of beat 1 bar 1.
this is what the multiclock also does..starting devices at the 1st beat of a bar.
I finally tried using a virtual instrument track and the basic functionality works on MOTU DP 9.12. Switching tempos even within 10% of current tempo causes either an error or causes the unit to switch to the internal clock. This does not allow for flexibility. The only way to resynchronize with the internal audio sync is to completely stop the unit and press play again. Am I missing something?

fattyparts
Common Wiggler

Post by fattyparts » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:48 pm

air
Learning to Wiggle

Post by air » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:31 am

fattyparts wrote:new firmware update
Ok. I’ll try that out. Thx!

drowld
Ultra Wiggler

Post by drowld » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:34 pm

Jbone1313 wrote: Send the clock stream through Ableton's External Audio Effect. Ableton will send the clock early by the amount of latency you have in your set. Don't mess with track delays and driver error compensation.

I don't have an ER-M, but I do this with Expert Sleepers. It's the same thing.
But you still can't put negative latency in the external audio effect

I spent the year adjusting by hand and found no workaround..
Not so cool when i want a quick jam

rean1mator
Wiggling with Experience

Post by rean1mator » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:27 pm

Can someone please confirm teh total number of midi channels from the DAW that the multiclock will support? The manual on website is not clear on this.

I'm mostly concerned about the midi forward feature for midi data other than the clock. to merget midi data from usb to the out ports.

Based on a guess since the usb port can handle up to 4 ports worth with the assumption that each port supporting 16 channels that would mean i can forward 64 total channels midi over usb to the 4 midi output ports of the multiclock. 16 channels for each output.

Is this a correct assumption? i need to accomodate a fairly large number of midi hardware devices for both clock and other midi data.

Thanks!!!

Shledge
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Shledge » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:36 am

Sorely tempted to get one of these - making convoluted templates in my DAW just to get everything synced up is a pain.

monads
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by monads » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:29 pm

I'm kinda thinking of picking one up too. Besides connecting some obvious outboard drum machines I was thinking of slaving Pam's New Workout so my modular is all in sync with the DAW.

euxine
Wiggling with Experience

Post by euxine » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:03 pm

Hi Folks - I've recently picked up a multiclock with the most recent firmware, and I'm having a hard time getting it to sync to a Pam's New Workout using the modular whip.

Seems like the main issue is when I set 'START' to 'gate', the gate goes high on play, but does not go back to zero when I hit stop.

I have not tried the analog out on Channel 1 as I don't have an insert cable. Any advice?

laneo
Common Wiggler

Post by laneo » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:46 am

euxine wrote:Hi Folks - I've recently picked up a multiclock with the most recent firmware, and I'm having a hard time getting it to sync to a Pam's New Workout using the modular whip.

Seems like the main issue is when I set 'START' to 'gate', the gate goes high on play, but does not go back to zero when I hit stop.

I have not tried the analog out on Channel 1 as I don't have an insert cable. Any advice?
Did you solved this problem? I´m expecting my multiclock to arrive soon and planning to get the whip to clock my Pam´s NW.

fattyparts
Common Wiggler

Re: Musikmesse 2015: E-RM Multiclock -no more DAW sync problems?

Post by fattyparts » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:25 am

i've been having issues clocking my 4MS RCD using the modularwhip, timing seems very sloppy. has anyone else had issues ?

far gon
Common Wiggler

Post by far gon » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:11 am

I noticed the modular whip's female sockets seem to have a intermittent connection with most 3.5mm patch cables. At least the first batches did. It must be due to a size tolerance that allows a little bit of play in the connection.

fattyparts
Common Wiggler

Post by fattyparts » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:06 am

wouldn't have thought that would cause sloppy timing as it either on or off, but what do i know lol

Return to “General Gear”