NEW DOUBLE KNOT

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: lisa, Kent, Joe.

lud
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by lud » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:50 am

So what's new in V2? Would be good to see em side by side.
Price seems higher was the original 499?

sparks
Acid Connoisseur

Post by sparks » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:27 am

lud wrote:So what's new in V2? Would be good to see em side by side.
Price seems higher was the original 499?
You might already have seen it but it's all right there if you click the link:
http://lorre-mill.com/doubleknot/

Quick question; it says on http://lorre-mill.com/doubleknot/:
Power

Power is 12V DC ~200ma on a 5.5 x 2.1mm barrel connector with Positive voltage on the center pin. self-resettable 350ma PTC fuse for overcurrent protection. Diode for reverse voltage protection. Ground banana jack is next to the power input on the back. This is for sharing ground between the double knot and other banana jack devices.
This does mean that I don't have to worry about frying anything if I accidentally feed the DKv2 negative voltages when cross-patching with other banana-systems right?

Lento_Zoom
Common Wiggler

Post by Lento_Zoom » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:46 pm

I think that that may just be for the power supply, like if you accidentally plug a center negative power supply into it.

sparks
Acid Connoisseur

Post by sparks » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:05 am

Lento_Zoom wrote:I think that that may just be for the power supply, like if you accidentally plug a center negative power supply into it.
Yeah, you might be right... It would be interesting to know how v2 reacts to negative voltages. I have managed to damage one of my v1's by accidentally feeding it negative voltages. :deadbanana:

The v1 manual was quite clear on this issue so when the v2 manual shows up it might have some info regarding this.

Exabot [Bot]
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Exabot [Bot] » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:07 am

Anyone here managed to use the Korg SQ-01 gate signal to trigger the DK?
I can't get it to trigger the DK envelope. On an oscilloscope the SQ-01 gate signal does not look very sharp...like for example the clock out from the DK.
Voltage the SQ-01 spits out is 13V (kinda high ) but Will told me it's OK to use it with the DK.

It's not really a big deal, using the CV from the SQ-01 works great and is nice to have as an extra mod source...still, would be nice to use the gate signal as well....

toumpouris
Learning to Wiggle

Re: NEW DOUBLE KNOT

Post by toumpouris » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:05 am

Hello,

Just got the version 2 double knot.
I am new to modular, so I was wondering if I can make connections with banana cables and normal minijack cables back and forth with the double knot and my modular.

Thanks

PLNB
Common Wiggler

Post by PLNB » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:47 pm

You can do this, but you want to avoid negative CV going into the DK2. Recommend cross patching with a low gain box as you will need to ground the two patched devices together. DK2 to low gain banana, low gain 1/8 cable to euro rack. Might be best to use specific colors to remember which cables to not patch to negative when the DK2 is connected.

castano
Learning to Wiggle

Post by castano » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:04 pm

just received my DK2!
Does anyone know what the
2 black jacks are for
next to the stereo output jack
on the back?

PLNB
Common Wiggler

Post by PLNB » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:59 pm

Clock in/out.. send a clock signal from master sequencer to sync up the fun. You can synth both the DK2 and Mosstone together with a single clock signal.

Return to “General Gear”