(((SOLVED))) Help! Name this keybed

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

Fubard
Common Wiggler

(((SOLVED))) Help! Name this keybed

Post by Fubard » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:59 pm

I'm coming here first, to the experts who can accomplish anything music tech. Thanks in advance, I really have no idea who else to ask.

I got a great deal on this K2661 but the keybed is jacked. I actually am astonished how they were able to break so many of the posts. It makes no sense!

I know these things are pretty standardized, the keys are exactly as long & wide as on the pro2, just not as many of em. Theyre bigger however than the ones on the MPK61. I imagine Kurzweil took a standard keybed & glued some weights to the bottom or paid more for 'semi weighted' ones. I dont give a crap about the keyboard action, I'm not a pianist. I cant even say pianist without laughing. I just need a keybed that can actually be fastened down.

It has the standard key matrix & single 4 lead ribbon connector on the left side.

Key legnth from black key hump to white key edge: 5 3/8"
I know it seems funny to measure like that but its for if one felt inclined to check your own KB & let me know which have the same setup.

Keybed width: 33 3/8"

Anyone know what model this is or where I can find one that'll work? I'm not beyond buying a used midi controller & going Frankenstein on it. I suspect its a fatar of some sort... but honestly have no id ea lol

Hellllp!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Fubard on Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:13 am, edited 6 times in total.
Thanks!

Dcramer
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dcramer » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:14 pm

Yes I'm sure it Fatar as well.
You may be able to buy it as a replacement part but I bet that's expensive. :hmm:

Fubard
Common Wiggler

Post by Fubard » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:41 pm

Dcramer wrote:Yes I'm sure it Fatar as well.
You may be able to buy it as a replacement part but I bet that's expensive. :hmm:
I contacted american Music Supply via Kurz's website & am waiting on a reply but I agree; its likely ridiculously priced.

I'm kinda brokeish & hoping for a cheap option.

If other ppl can have a look at their keys & let me know if they have one the same size, I could order the same bed cheaper :chug:
Last edited by Fubard on Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks!

Astrolabe23
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Astrolabe23 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:44 pm

From a search on eBay for" Kurtzweil Keybed"

There is an unweighted fatar for $60 with no electronics and a weighted one from a 2600 with the circuit board for $500.

Fubard
Common Wiggler

Post by Fubard » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:49 pm

Astrolabe23 wrote:From a search on eBay for" Kurtzweil Keybed"

There is an unweighted fatar for $60 with no electronics and a weighted one from a 2600 with the circuit board for $500.
OMG :doh:

See? This is why I love you guys, THANKS SO MUCH!!!
Thanks!

abruzzi
Common Wiggler

Post by abruzzi » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:29 pm

Because I believe everything I read on the internet, I believe the K2661 has a fatar TP/9S:

K2661: (61) Fatar TP / 9S weighted

https://billfulton.com/music-news/fatar ... r-actions/

If you cant find a keybed by itself, you might have luck finding a junker keyboard with the same keybed for cheap.

Fubard
Common Wiggler

Post by Fubard » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:50 am

bought the $60 one on ebay w/o pcb's. I'll have to strip em & swap parts but I think thats small potatoes for us all here.

Maybe play a lil trick n only use every other weighted key?
Thanks!

Astrolabe23
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Astrolabe23 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:08 pm

Fubard wrote: Maybe play a lil trick n only use every other weighted key?
That's one way to keep others from wanting to play on your keyboard. Lol!

Please report back here with your finished results and experience with the swap out. Best of luck to you.

Return to “General Gear”