Jomox ALPHA BASE

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

suboptimal
A Towering Mediocrity

Re: Jomox ALPHA BASE

Post by suboptimal » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:35 am

minimalist wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:38 am
Those who are so sensitive to contrary opinions really shouldn't be on the internet IMHO. :roll:
Fixed this for you.

:hihi:

aethyr
Wiggling with Experience

Post by aethyr » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:54 pm

how is the AB looking for 2021, is it stable enough? has the output bleed issue been resolved?

i understand nothing will ever be perfect; have had a sunsyn and even with its quirks, it was still very usable and inspiring.

Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Tumulishroomaroom » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:30 am

I love the filters and the enveloppes you can assign to it. Sounds great on hats :

instagram
dc11- immersion 4 tracks ep of modular deep techno

m0rb1d
Filtersweep Abuser

Post by m0rb1d » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:31 pm

I honestly have no problem with bleed.

Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Tumulishroomaroom » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:22 am

aethyr wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:54 pm
how is the AB looking for 2021, is it stable enough? has the output bleed issue been resolved?

i understand nothing will ever be perfect; have had a sunsyn and even with its quirks, it was still very usable and inspiring.
I have made a screenshot of someone on the FB Alphabase page who says he has found how to stop the bleed. I have yet to try though but apparently it works. Mine has a little bleed on the stereo out but since I'm using the individual out and the FM/X-Sample quite rarely I don't mind. Other than that I love it, it sounds great and I haven't encountered any bugs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
instagram

paranormind
Common Wiggler

Post by paranormind » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:56 am

It it works, that would be an outstanding finding and acceptable workaround imo; thanks for sharing!!

Hansi026
Common Wiggler

Post by Hansi026 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:48 pm

I test this Maschine 2 or 3 weeks, then I send it back.
the box almost freaked me out !
then I have rearranged all the drum modules etc. that I already had together.
the modbase 09 I had already for a long time.
Next week i'am ad the WMD Chimera, 2HP LFO, 2HP Freeze and a reverb, then I'm finished :-P

Cheeers Hansi
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Red Electric Rainbow
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Red Electric Rainbow » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:31 pm

Tumulishroomaroom wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:22 am
aethyr wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:54 pm

I have made a screenshot of someone on the FB Alphabase page who says he has found how to stop the bleed. I have yet to try though but apparently it works. Mine has a little bleed on the stereo out but since I'm using the individual out and the FM/X-Sample quite rarely I don't mind. Other than that I love it, it sounds great and I haven't encountered any bugs.
still a huge annoyance for a premium priced machine. i had one for a minute but the bleed was totally unacceptable imo. not to mention some of its oddities. the circuitry is brilliant and the sound is amazing but it always felt like more work than it was worth. for me, fun factor is just as important as the end result.
TOO FAR GONE

ghostofpast
Learning to Wiggle

Post by ghostofpast » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:04 am

Anyone know if the output bleed has been fixed in the most recent units? If not, is there any confirmation on whether the panning adjustment fix works? I had read about it and I tried it when I had my Alpha Base, but it did not work for me. I can’t say for certain that I followed those instructions exactly though - don’t think I took it to zero. Seems more likely that this is a hardware issue, considering that someone had Jomox do a warranty repair to fix the problem.

Thirolls
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Thirolls » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:06 am

ghostofpast wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:04 am
Anyone know if the output bleed has been fixed in the most recent units? If not, is there any confirmation on whether the panning adjustment fix works? I had read about it and I tried it when I had my Alpha Base, but it did not work for me. I can’t say for certain that I followed those instructions exactly though - don’t think I took it to zero. Seems more likely that this is a hardware issue, considering that someone had Jomox do a warranty repair to fix the problem.
Hi ! I confirm that the pan adjustment procedure works perfectly. It is therefore not a hardware problem but a software problem, which should be fixed in a future update.

Be careful though, I got screwed the first time too, because after changing my settings on the pan, I felt like my tracks were bleeding on the master. It wasn't, in reality my individual tracks kept making a slight noise when I muted my individual tracks on my mixer. This is probably due to the high output level as well as the circuitry of the Jomox (as well as the lack of isolation of the tracks of a mixer) ;)

ghostofpast
Learning to Wiggle

Post by ghostofpast » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:37 am

Thirolls wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:06 am
ghostofpast wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:04 am
Hi ! I confirm that the pan adjustment procedure works perfectly. It is therefore not a hardware problem but a software problem, which should be fixed in a future update.

Be careful though, I got screwed the first time too, because after changing my settings on the pan, I felt like my tracks were bleeding on the master. It wasn't, in reality my individual tracks kept making a slight noise when I muted my individual tracks on my mixer. This is probably due to the high output level as well as the circuitry of the Jomox (as well as the lack of isolation of the tracks of a mixer) ;)
Good to know, thanks! Might have to revisit the Alpha Base.

Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Tumulishroomaroom » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:32 pm

Little loop with two ultra simple sequences (one step really) through various delays and some Jomox Alphabase flex :

Trying to actively keep it the most minimal I can. I’ve done a version without synths, only delays feedbacking on cranked noise running through the system.
instagram

Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Tumulishroomaroom » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:02 am

Alphabase doing the kick, low toms and hats in this :

instagram

tony d
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by tony d » Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:20 pm

I have a machinedrum uw I’m trying to sell but would trade for alpha base plus some loot if anyone’s interested

Never mind, it just sold

tony d
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by tony d » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:10 pm

@ Tumulishroomaroom
Nice stuff! I’m digging your sound.
Post more please.

I have a alpha base coming and your music is the closest I’ve found to stuff I enjoy as well.

Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Tumulishroomaroom » Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:37 pm

tony d wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:10 pm
@ Tumulishroomaroom
Post more please.

I have a alpha base coming and your music is the closest I’ve found to stuff I enjoy as well.
Thank you :)

Have a peek on instagram, almost every video has the AB on it since I got it. I've liked it from the beginning but it's growing on me since I've had more time with it and got to know the parameters more in depth. The filters sound really good for example.

Here's a recent one with a kick and a few flavours of hats :

instagram

Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Tumulishroomaroom » Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:45 pm

Tumulishroomaroom wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:22 am
I have made a screenshot of someone on the FB Alphabase page who says he has found how to stop the bleed.
BTW I've finally done this a week or so ago and it works ! No more bleed.
instagram

mome rath
a dubious cube of margarine

Post by mome rath » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:44 pm

Tumulishroomaroom wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:37 pm
tony d wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:10 pm
@ Tumulishroomaroom
Post more please.

Thank you :)

Have a peek on instagram, almost every video has the AB on it since I got it. I've liked it from the beginning but it's growing on me since I've had more time with it and got to know the parameters more in depth. The filters sound really good for example.

Here's a recent one with a kick and a few flavours of hats :

i've just followed you as what_u_need_all_them_beans_for
soundcloud, dear friends

good trader cred
instagraM
guest wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:45 pm
basically, as the dude put it "no walter, youre not wrong, youre just an asshole".
zoogoo wrote: your stupid

Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Tumulishroomaroom » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:18 am

mome rath wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:44 pm
i've just followed you as what_u_need_all_them_beans_for
Thank you, just done the same. You have a nice combo in the black matriarch & alphabase :)
instagram

Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Tumulishroomaroom » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:24 pm

Blasting the Alphabase through the Overstayer Modular Channel. Whatever you think about it this machine has a natural penchant for hard hitting kicks. Even though they aren't my forte I must say I had a ton of fun blasting a few patterns at nearly 140bpm :)

instagram

tony d
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by tony d » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:18 pm

Oh man! Really enjoyed going through your ig.

Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Tumulishroomaroom » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:02 am

Thank you 😊
really enjoyed listening to Lapse 001 too
instagram

meska
Wiggling with Experience

Post by meska » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:23 pm

oui c'est super cool ce que tu fait ! ;)
tremblap wrote: In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.
In practice, there is.
www.meska.fr
https://statikwave.bandcamp.com/

tony d
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by tony d » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:20 pm

Ok 2 days in and I’m really having fun with this and a pair of headphones. This thing definitely has a lot of sound. I got lost in that fm synth for hours last night, it’s really kind of an instrument just on its own.

I unfortunately do seem to have a issue where when I mute track 3 it glitches and will bump me into a new pattern so I’m waiting to hear back from jomox. Also, and maybe there’s an overall issue but sometimes the knobs are totally unresponsive even though the lanes light up green and will change so it’s recognizing knob movement in that lane but I can’t change any parameters. Maybe you guys have experienced this and have a solution? I did install the latest os although it did have it on there already.

1 question, and I’m afraid I know the answer but I hope I’m wrong, is there any way to get visual feedback on what sounds are being triggered?
I get lost and forget what sounds are on what channels so I have to go through randomly muting until I find the right one. It seems like the leds for each instrument would flash in sync with the pattern.

Thanks for any help guys!

tony d
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by tony d » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:22 pm

Tumulishroomaroom wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:02 am
Thank you 😊
really enjoyed listening to Lapse 001 too
Thank you!
That’s a dead project from several years ago but we had a ton of fun doing it.

Return to “General Gear”