Behringer Pro-One

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

lairdhenn
Learning to Wiggle

Behringer Pro-One

Post by lairdhenn » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:31 am

racooniac
Wiggling with Experience

Post by racooniac » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:29 am

is the term "bro one" already official or do we have to lobby for it first? ;)

lud
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by lud » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:42 am

Dave must be loving this!

Ranxerox
All the gear, no idea

Post by Ranxerox » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:48 am

Poly chain five of them for a cheap Prophet 5?

mecanikill
Electrical Demon

Post by mecanikill » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:19 am

Man I really hope there is a Prophet VS in the works with a joystick on it!

Rost + Licht
Common Wiggler

Post by Rost + Licht » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:45 am

mecanikill wrote:Man I really hope there is a Prophet VS in the works with a joystick on it!
Yeah man, pls more digital madness!

a100user
All the gear, no idea!

Post by a100user » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:54 am

Ranxerox wrote:Poly chain five of them for a cheap Prophet 5?
Only appears to be a MIDI in, no Thru. Would you need a Thru box or similar?
I'm looking for nothing at this moment in time

v8pete
Common Wiggler

Post by v8pete » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:18 am

So presumably he's doing the Envelopes in software, as I don't remember noticing that Behringer had copied the CEM3310 yet?

RedLab
Common Wiggler

Post by RedLab » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:48 am

Much more excited about this than Model D or Neutron.

Yazoo'ish synthpop sounds here we go

Ranxerox
All the gear, no idea

Post by Ranxerox » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:53 am

a100user wrote:
Ranxerox wrote:Poly chain five of them for a cheap Prophet 5?
Only appears to be a MIDI in, no Thru. Would you need a Thru box or similar?
If you did the voice allocation using an external device (software?) that could map the voices across five MIDI outs (i.e. a multi-port MIDI interface), then each Pro-One would receive its own voice messages without needing to daisy-chain MIDI to the next in series....

mome rath
a dubious cube of margarine

Post by mome rath » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:04 am

lol
soundcloud, dear friends

good trader cred
instagraM
guest wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:45 pm
basically, as the dude put it "no walter, youre not wrong, youre just an asshole".
zoogoo wrote: your stupid

Sanys
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Sanys » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:44 am

don't really like midi in on the front panel, it's a killer anyway

Diabolik!
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Diabolik! » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:51 am

i think Midi is on the front so it can be mounted in eurorack

Sanys
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Sanys » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:52 am

Diabolik! wrote:i think Midi is on the front so it can be mounted in eurorack
oh! true! ... cv gates could've been enough for me though...

Sir Ruff
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Sir Ruff » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:20 pm

Yet another prototype tease from Behringer. So they've got the VP-330, UB-Xa, and now Pro-one up their sleeves, and they can't even get their first clone (the model D) or their own product (the Neutron) on the market within any sort of reasonable timeframe. I'm guessing we won't see any of these things for a year or two, if ever.

udbhav
Wiggling with Experience

Post by udbhav » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:41 pm

Sir Ruff wrote:Yet another prototype tease from Behringer. So they've got the VP-330, UB-Xa, and now Pro-one up their sleeves, and they can't even get their first clone (the model D) or their own product (the Neutron) on the market within any sort of reasonable timeframe. I'm guessing we won't see any of these things for a year or two, if ever.
Model D is shipping and in peoples' hands. The fact that this forum and many others have had active Behringer threads for the last 6 months would indicate that their teasers are doing the intended job. Don't expect them to stop anytime soon.

Sanys
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Sanys » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:50 pm

udbhav wrote:
Sir Ruff wrote:Yet another prototype tease from Behringer. So they've got the VP-330, UB-Xa, and now Pro-one up their sleeves, and they can't even get their first clone (the model D) or their own product (the Neutron) on the market within any sort of reasonable timeframe. I'm guessing we won't see any of these things for a year or two, if ever.
Model D is shipping and in peoples' hands. The fact that this forum and many others have had active Behringer threads for the last 6 months would indicate that their teasers are doing the intended job. Don't expect them to stop anytime soon.
yep, they dont seem to be bluffing or faking it

Sir Ruff
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Sir Ruff » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:52 pm

Sanys wrote:
udbhav wrote:
yep, they dont seem to be bluffing or faking it
Yeah, I'm not doubting these things are real... but when was the Model D announced, like early 2017? Over a year later they are finally being shipped. My point is yes, we are all swanning over these products, but in the absence of any release time frame, it's a lot of empty hype.

Sanys
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Sanys » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:55 pm

agree, there's way too much of air shaking

J3RK
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by J3RK » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:58 pm

Well, the Model D is available all over the place. The Deep Mind is. The Neutron (is that the patchable red one?) is supposed to be available shortly, and I have seen a couple of videos of it now.

The UBXA is being designed. They asked for input on what the final form-factor should be over at the site that shall not be named. :razz: I'd expect it to show up in the next 6 months or so.

It seems they have a process down now for their industrial design that allows for quick jumps from concept to manufacturing (at least that's what I read).

I'd expect a steady stream of output maybe 6-12 month cycles?

Just a guess based on what I've observed. That's really pretty much a blink in the normal scheme of development-times for similar products.

Sir Ruff
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Sir Ruff » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:59 pm

J3RK wrote:It seems they have a process down now for their industrial design that allows for quick jumps from concept to manufacturing (at least that's what I read).
Interesting... guess we'll see!

J3RK
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by J3RK » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:04 pm

Sir Ruff wrote:
J3RK wrote:It seems they have a process down now for their industrial design that allows for quick jumps from concept to manufacturing (at least that's what I read).
Interesting... guess we'll see!
Yeah, I'm by no means a Behringer expert. I own zero of their products. The Deep Mind is somewhat intriguing though I will admit. I think I lean toward the OB-6 over UBXA, but I don't often have OB-6 money on hand with four kids :deadbanana: So the UB could actually be interesting to me. That said, I only really need one keyboard-based poly-synth, and I've become very patient over the last several years. I'll just see what the landscape looks like over the next several months. :hihi:

ziggomatic
Wiggling with Experience

Post by ziggomatic » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:09 pm

Regarding poly-chaining these, I would be curious to see some accurate latency tests done when you have 4 of the Model D's chained together. I would imagine there is a fair bit of latency by the time MIDI gets to the 4th (or more) chained device. In my own setup tests i've found that daisy-chaining synths using "thru" ports adds about 15ms of latency per device.

If this is the case then it seems to make much more sense to use external devices/software for voice allocation (if possible) which should keep identical latency between sending simultaneous MIDI to multiple devices. This is of course only applicable if proper timing is necessary for your music making contexts.

udbhav
Wiggling with Experience

Post by udbhav » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:12 pm

Sir Ruff wrote:Yeah, I'm not doubting these things are real... but when was the Model D announced, like early 2017? Over a year later they are finally being shipped. My point is yes, we are all swanning over these products, but in the absence of any release time frame, it's a lot of empty hype.
I think Behringer would term what you're calling "empty hype" as free marketing. They're also not doing the hyping, they leave that to us.

I would also guess that the delays that hit the Model D will become less frequent as they iron out the kinks on their synth production line. Looks like they've made some significant investments in the synthesizer market. Think its safe to assume that these are more than the "market research leaks" they were purported to be when they first started popping out.

Both Roland and Behringer are responding to the efforts of Korg and smaller companies in the last few years. Isn't this what everybody has been begging for forever on Muff's? Guess I shouldn't be, but I am surprised at some of the anger/hostility in the reactions (not that your post has any of that). What were people expecting?

Ranxerox
All the gear, no idea

Post by Ranxerox » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:24 pm

ziggomatic wrote:Regarding poly-chaining these, I would be curious to see some accurate latency tests done when you have 4 of the Model D's chained together. I would imagine there is a fair bit of latency by the time MIDI gets to the 4th (or more) chained device. In my own setup tests i've found that daisy-chaining synths using "thru" ports adds about 15ms of latency per device.

If this is the case then it seems to make much more sense to use external devices/software for voice allocation (if possible) which should keep identical latency between sending simultaneous MIDI to multiple devices. This is of course only applicable if proper timing is necessary for your music making contexts.
Yeah, well daisy chaining isn't an option of thru doesn't exist, so it's a moot point...

Return to “General Gear”