Moogfest Sub-Harmonicon - What Is It?

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

purpur
Learning to Wiggle

Re: Moogfest Sub-Harmonicon - What Is It?

Post by purpur » Fri May 22, 2020 11:32 am

I've received my Subharmonicon today and I think the unit might be faulty. I can hear SUB1 of VCO2 simultaneously with VCO2 even when SUB1 level is at zero in mixer section. When I'm starting to increase SUB1 level is seems quite louder than all the other subs. This doesn't happen on VCO1, subs are dead quiet when their mix level is at zero. Does anyone else found this on their units?

maxwellravitz
Common Wiggler

Post by maxwellravitz » Sat May 23, 2020 5:15 am

purpur wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 11:32 am
I've received my Subharmonicon today and I think the unit might be faulty. I can hear SUB1 of VCO2 simultaneously with VCO2 even when SUB1 level is at zero in mixer section. When I'm starting to increase SUB1 level is seems quite louder than all the other subs. This doesn't happen on VCO1, subs are dead quiet when their mix level is at zero. Does anyone else found this on their units?
you probably have vco 2 set to the middle waveform, which uses the sub1 of vco osc to modulate the pulsewidth of the vco, it makes it so that you can kind of seem to hear the sub1 inside the vco's sound.

purpur
Learning to Wiggle

Post by purpur » Sat May 23, 2020 6:12 am

maxwellravitz wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 5:15 am
purpur wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 11:32 am
you probably have vco 2 set to the middle waveform, which uses the sub1 of vco osc to modulate the pulsewidth of the vco, it makes it so that you can kind of seem to hear the sub1 inside the vco's sound.
Yep, that's the case. User error, not a bug. I need to read manual more carefully, haha. Thank you!

kingsmore
Learning to Wiggle

Post by kingsmore » Thu May 28, 2020 10:32 am

Afturmath wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 7:15 pm
In my opinion, the Loopop and Hainbach videos give the best demonstrations of what Subharmonicon can do.

Completely agree. He gives the best, thorough and unbiased reviews. So good.

sallowworm
Learning to Wiggle

Post by sallowworm » Fri May 29, 2020 6:01 am

I enjoyed watching both the Loopop and Hainbach videos. I'm still on the fence over this synth, Hainbach says it requires a bit more thought than the usual fare and is well suited to people who do dance/idm but then Loopop does that whole ambient slow burn thing and it sounds amazing on it's own

Return to “General Gear”