Dave Smith Sequential Circuits Prophet X

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

tehyar
I dream in SciFi

Post by tehyar » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:24 am

Sinamsis
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Sinamsis » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:50 pm

dubonaire wrote: It's worth a shot. Have you tried the Sequential Prophet X forum?
I haven't yet. I'm not really active on the Sequential forum, but they were helpful with some glitch in the Rev 2 early on. I don't remember what it was specifically, but several users reported it and they fixed it pretty quickly. I bet the calibration will take care of it, I wasn't sure if it was supposed to track pitch accurately (I could have probably read the manual). Getting to the studio during the week never happens. Ha, I'm lucky to get in there on weekends. Hopefully I can give it a shot in a couple days.

damase
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Dave Smith Sequential Circuits Prophet X

Post by damase » Thu May 21, 2020 9:29 am

has there been any word of a desktop/rm module of prophet x?
or mpe support?

both of those together would make this an instant buy for me, a very direct and capable sound design instrument

Sinamsis
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Sinamsis » Thu May 21, 2020 12:04 pm

damase wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:29 am
has there been any word of a desktop/rm module of prophet x?
or mpe support?

both of those together would make this an instant buy for me, a very direct and capable sound design instrument
I feel like they’ve been pretty firm that no desktop module will be made. In general I feel like that product line mine not be expanded further based on its reliance on 8Dio and some hiccups with that joint venture. I don’t mean supported, because they’ve been awesome with the updates. This is conjecture and not based on any knowledge btw.

MPE would be sweet. Did they say they will implement it? In general other DSI synths have not been MPE capable but have at least responded to polyAT.

damase
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by damase » Thu May 21, 2020 4:10 pm

k thanks for the thoughts, im out of the loop so better than nothing. thats a shame because this one has so much to offer, in interface and architecture. ill have to keep a watch on the space, i hope more poly sampler hybrids show up.

Return to “General Gear”