Moog Grandmother

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

Tobor
Tardis Chauffeur

Post by Tobor » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:52 pm

a bit of sonic six + EMS polysinthi, fathar keyboard, screaming filter, giant basses, delicate highs, reverb, colors and no wood?
I'm in.

It definitely sounds different from all the moogs I've had and seen in these years from the voyager till now.

The price range is good (fathar keyboard is another planet compared to the standard keyboard of subs and little phatty), the Stereolabish appeal makes me already love it.

Leaked name for the next moog is the Moog MILF, by the way :deadbanana:

mhtones
Dreams in CV

Post by mhtones » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:14 am

Sweetwater just received mine and is shipping it out! :party:

Scot Solida
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Scot Solida » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:08 am

mhtones wrote:Sweetwater just received mine and is shipping it out! :party:
That's good news! I ordered mine in May and watched the expected delivery date change three times before settling on the vague 'coming soon'. It looks like they're starting to trundle out at last.

Rex Coil 7
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Rex Coil 7 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:34 pm

Scot Solida wrote:
That's good news! I ordered mine in May and watched the expected delivery date change three times before settling on the vague 'coming soon'. It looks like they're starting to trundle out at last.
YEAyuh!! Hot diggity!

:trampoline: :stardance: :spin: :nod: :w00t: :bacon:
5U MODULAR NORMALIZING PROJECT (for your entertainment) viewtopic.php?t=78836&highlight=
.. given the choice between conformity and self respect, I choose the latter.
.. dominion - noun: control or the exercise of control . power . possessed and controlled domain . sovereignty . having dominion over the world . supreme authority . absolute ownership . power . authority . jurisdiction . control . command ... power ....... power .......... power.

mhtones
Dreams in CV

Post by mhtones » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:24 am

Scot Solida wrote:
I preordered in May too! So yours should be shipping out soon if your preorder was in the same batch as mine. :tu:

Scot Solida
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Scot Solida » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:28 am

mhtones wrote:
Scot Solida wrote:
I preordered in May too! So yours should be shipping out soon if your preorder was in the same batch as mine. :tu:
I'm obsessively checking my order status. I hope I see some activity today... :hmm:

bluehotel
Learning to Wiggle

Post by bluehotel » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:41 am

i played with one at Moogfest and it was stunning. the patch bay is an interesting choice and makes it far more useful than a sub phatty, and it costs a lot less than sub 37 CV.

Scot Solida
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Scot Solida » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:51 am

mhtones wrote:
Scot Solida wrote: I preordered in May too! So yours should be shipping out soon if your preorder was in the same batch as mine. :tu:
My order status just changed from "Backordered" to "being processed" so it looks like it is finally happening! :banana:

Rex Coil 7
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Rex Coil 7 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:32 am

Scot Solida wrote:
mhtones wrote:
Scot Solida wrote: I preordered in May too! So yours should be shipping out soon if your preorder was in the same batch as mine. :tu:
My order status just changed from "Backordered" to "being processed" so it looks like it is finally happening! :banana:
Where are you seeing those order updates? Did you buy from Sweetwater?

I paid for one for my wife about ...erm ... 6/8 weeks back (Sweetwater). I'm kinda loyal to them, probably spent $25k with them since 1999. She called them yesterday after I told her about what some folks in this thread have been saying about orders moving a little that last day or so. She got a salesperson that wasn't super "up on the sitch" so all she really got from him was ~maybe, we're not sure, soon perhaps, bla bla~.

So (if you bought from them, which I may be mistaken about) where are you seeing these order updates?

8-) Thanks!
5U MODULAR NORMALIZING PROJECT (for your entertainment) viewtopic.php?t=78836&highlight=
.. dominion - noun: control or the exercise of control . power . possessed and controlled domain . sovereignty . having dominion over the world . supreme authority . absolute ownership . power . authority . jurisdiction . control . command ... power ....... power .......... power.

Scot Solida
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Scot Solida » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:56 am

Rex Coil 7 wrote:
So (if you bought from them, which I may be mistaken about) where are you seeing these order updates?

8-) Thanks!
No, I ordered mine from zZounds - who put up their product page for the standard edition a day or two earlier than Sweetwater - though from what I've seen, Sweetwater clearly got theirs first. I've seen a few people online say they have received their shipping notices - or even their Grandmothers - from Sweetwater over the last week or so. zZounds' product page says that they'll be in stock on Monday, so I suspect everyone is getting shipments in.

Rex Coil 7
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Rex Coil 7 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:08 am

Scot Solida wrote:
Rex Coil 7 wrote:

8-) Thanks!
No, I ordered mine from zZounds - who put up their product page for the standard edition a day or two earlier than Sweetwater - though from what I've seen, Sweetwater clearly got theirs first. I've seen a few people online say they have received their shipping notices - or even their Grandmothers - from Sweetwater over the last week or so. zZounds' product page says that they'll be in stock on Monday, so I suspect everyone is getting shipments in.
Wow ... no kiddin? HA! My wife will be doin' a Mexican Hat Dance when her's shows up!

:nana:

mor4sso
Common Wiggler

Post by mor4sso » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:11 am

droningsphagettimonster wrote:How does this vcf differ from the subsequent 37, except for the mixer/drive sections?
the grandmother's vcf is derived from the 904a on the moog modular systems. sonically different than the sub and with different abilities. also, the grandmother's filter isn't digitally tracked like the sub.

mhtones
Dreams in CV

Post by mhtones » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:45 am

Rex Coil 7 wrote:
Scot Solida wrote:
mhtones wrote:
Where are you seeing those order updates? Did you buy from Sweetwater?

I paid for one for my wife about ...erm ... 6/8 weeks back (Sweetwater). I'm kinda loyal to them, probably spent $25k with them since 1999. She called them yesterday after I told her about what some folks in this thread have been saying about orders moving a little that last day or so. She got a salesperson that wasn't super "up on the sitch" so all she really got from him was ~maybe, we're not sure, soon perhaps, bla bla~.

8-) Thanks!
I was able to get on a preorder list before the product page was up. I had to call and request. I've been calling in to get my status updates from my sales rep. I've also bought a whole lot from them including computers and such. Try calling your rep and asking for an eta.

jvt
Ultra Wiggler

Post by jvt » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:32 pm

I made a pre-order through Sweetwater back in May. I haven't gotten the ship notice yet, but my CC was just charged today. So something is in the works!

Rex Coil 7
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Rex Coil 7 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:06 pm

jvt wrote:I made a pre-order through Sweetwater back in May. I haven't gotten the ship notice yet, but my CC was just charged today. So something is in the works!
:trampoline: :stardance: :spin: :headbang: :driving: :w00t:

RIGHT ON MAN!!

We prepaid in full .. so hopefully this is going to happen soon.

I made a little money selling some bronze castings (western scene art), which allowed me to prepay my wife's Grand Ma Ma. I also found a sick deal on a nicely cared for Kurzweil K2600 76 key for her ($650 shipped with full-on "Anvil" flight case). So, maybe in the next week or so both her Moog and her Kurzweil will be showing up!

Pretty soon she'll have most of her Addams Family collection. I named her 1955 Hammond M3 "Morticia", and her 1952 Hammond M3 "Gomez". Now, the new Moog is "Grand Ma Ma" (pronounced like on the Addams Family), and the K2600 keyboard is to be "Lurch" since it can cover clavinets, pianos, harpsichords, as well as tons of other stuff. Knowing my wife, she'll probably call her Line 6 M13 "Uncle Fester" since it is so capable of producing loud explosion-like sounds and even louder FX.

:lol:

Ok, back to the shop .. I'm building a pair of 16U rack cabs .. one for my 4 pickup Jazz bass rig and the other for my 5U modular. It's ~only~ going to be about 105f today so I need to take advantage of the break in the Monsoon Season heat/humidity and get some shop work done. It's been around 125f the last three weeks.

:tu:

jvt
Ultra Wiggler

Post by jvt » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:45 pm

Shipping notice is in hand, er, I mean inbox! I'm guessing it should arrive in the next day or two.

Rex Coil 7
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Rex Coil 7 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:13 pm

jvt wrote:Shipping notice is in hand, er, I mean inbox! I'm guessing it should arrive in the next day or two.
YEAYUH!!! :tu:

Scot Solida
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Scot Solida » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:12 pm

Mine will be in my hands tomorrow. :party:

mhtones
Dreams in CV

Post by mhtones » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:55 pm

Scot Solida wrote:Mine will be in my hands tomorrow. :party:
Me too Scot! Happy Thursday!

Rex Coil 7
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Rex Coil 7 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:08 pm

Huh ... we paid ours in full about six weeks ago (or something like that) ... still no word. Oh well ... patience I suppose.

:despair:

TheDegenerateElite
Veteran Wiggler

Post by TheDegenerateElite » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:35 am

Rex Coil 7 wrote:Huh ... we paid ours in full about six weeks ago (or something like that) ... still no word. Oh well ... patience I suppose.

You used cash right?

Bottle Caps, actual clam shells, or sandstone nodules will probably delay shipping.

Rex Coil 7
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Rex Coil 7 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:56 am

TheDegenerateElite wrote:
Rex Coil 7 wrote:Huh ... we paid ours in full about six weeks ago (or something like that) ... still no word. Oh well ... patience I suppose.

You used cash right?
Awe shucks ... well since we sent them several bags of empty beer cans then I guess I'm screwed!

:razz:

TheDegenerateElite
Veteran Wiggler

Post by TheDegenerateElite » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:53 pm

Rex Coil 7 wrote:

You used cash right?
Awe shucks ... well since we sent them several bags of empty beer cans then I guess I'm screwed!

Moog should take plastic water bottles and Starbucks straws as payment!

Scot Solida
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Scot Solida » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:19 pm

Mine arrived a full 133 cents out of tune - further than the fine tune knob's range. And there is no coarse tuning function... :bang:

Rex Coil 7
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Rex Coil 7 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:26 pm

Rex Coil 7 wrote:

You used cash right?

Moog should take plastic water bottles and Starbucks straws as payment!
:lol: Well, they have to do something to cover their own "carbon footprint". :lol: :lol:

I love it when people carry on about ecology issues, and then sell something that created a shit ton of CO2 to manufacture. I wonder if they have any idea how much crap is produced just to manufacture the aluminum used to make a Moog synth? Not to mention everything else required to manufacture the rest of the machine.

:lol: :razz:

I don't want to get into a back-n-forth about this, I'm simply pointing out ironic hypocrisy that runs rampant within the climate change topic. I've made my humorous point, beyond that I'm out!

Now then, where is my stinky smelly polluting MOOG SYNTH?!?!?! I want my filthy baby killing puppy kicking synthesizer dammit!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:tu:

Return to “General Gear”