Gotharman's Little deFormer 3

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

Post Reply
gotharman
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1659
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:53 am
Location: Denmark

Re: Gotharman's Little deFormer 3

Post by gotharman » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:02 am

Bumply wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:46 pm
I imagine there may be answers already in this thread, but I’m having some trouble finding anything. Has anyone had success with quantized (1v or 1.2v) cv outputs from controller tracks? In particular, the scaling of piano grid mode is off (ie - a perfect fifth is a minor third). I can create quantized sequences using the slider mode, but it’d be easier to use the grid mode. I imagine my settings are off or I missed something critical. I also cannot see 1vS or 1.2vS as options. I’m using 12.26 firmware. Any help is appreciated
As I replied to your email with the same question, there appears to be a bug somewhere here. I will have a look at it.

gotharman
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1659
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:53 am
Location: Denmark

Re: Gotharman's Little deFormer 3

Post by gotharman » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:03 am

flx wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:52 am
Can anyone tell me what the LD3 CV output range is and if it’s possible to scale/clamp it to 0-5V? I read that the inputs can be set to a variety of ranges (+/-12V, 0-5V, etc), but the manual doesn’t seem to mention anything about the output.
The CV output range is 0-5V. Did I really forget to mention this?

User avatar
flx
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1298
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:22 pm

Re: Gotharman's Little deFormer 3

Post by flx » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:14 am

gotharman wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:03 am
The CV output range is 0-5V. Did I really forget to mention this?
Thanks :) Couldn’t find the info in the LD3 specs on the website or in the manual (p. 329 etc).
You can also find and contact me here:
tuesdaynightmachines@gmail.com
YouTube
Instagram
nightmachines.tv

gotharman
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1659
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:53 am
Location: Denmark

Re: Gotharman's Little deFormer 3

Post by gotharman » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:31 am

flx wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:14 am
gotharman wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:03 am
The CV output range is 0-5V. Did I really forget to mention this?
Thanks :) Couldn’t find the info in the LD3 specs on the website or in the manual (p. 329 etc).
Hmmmm… have just checked, and you are absolutely right! I did forget this :hihi:
Will get it corrected very soon!
Thanks for letting me know about this.

User avatar
cscairney
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 424
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:36 am

Re: Gotharman's Little deFormer 3

Post by cscairney » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:47 pm

@meska great review of features and good sounds man!

I’ve been wanting to set aside time to really dive into some deep sequencing on the LD3 and figured I should make a video of my workflow. Any requests for features to cover when I do?

Scories
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1002
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:29 am

Re: Gotharman's Little deFormer 3

Post by Scories » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:04 pm

cscairney wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:47 pm
@meska great review of features and good sounds man!

I’ve been wanting to set aside time to really dive into some deep sequencing on the LD3 and figured I should make a video of my workflow. Any requests for features to cover when I do?
Meska indeed made a great EP. I really enjoyed his music, not just as a LD3 demo.

About you future video: Are you good at using the LD3 as a sampler with multiple layers of long time-stretched samples with pitch changes ?
That would be swell. :tu:

User avatar
cscairney
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 424
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:36 am

Re: Gotharman's Little deFormer 3

Post by cscairney » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:25 pm

Scories wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:04 pm
cscairney wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:47 pm
@meska great review of features and good sounds man!

I’ve been wanting to set aside time to really dive into some deep sequencing on the LD3 and figured I should make a video of my workflow. Any requests for features to cover when I do?
Meska indeed made a great EP. I really enjoyed his music, not just as a LD3 demo.

About you future video: Are you good at using the LD3 as a sampler with multiple layers of long time-stretched samples with pitch changes ?
That would be swell. :tu:
Right on, I haven’t messed with it like that. But it’s something I want to learn so I’ll do it!

User avatar
flx
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1298
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:22 pm

Re: Gotharman's Little deFormer 3

Post by flx » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:41 pm

cscairney wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:47 pm
I should make a video of my workflow. Any requests for features to cover when I do?
Cool! I’d like to see something about:

- audio signal routing using the bus system (and maybe the filter boards)
- granular effects
- how you approach making a track from scratch (like structuring of parts, tracks, modulation and FX, maybe up to using song mode to create a piece from various presets)
You can also find and contact me here:
tuesdaynightmachines@gmail.com
YouTube
Instagram
nightmachines.tv

User avatar
cscairney
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 424
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:36 am

Re: Gotharman's Little deFormer 3

Post by cscairney » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:05 pm

flx wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:41 pm
cscairney wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:47 pm
I should make a video of my workflow. Any requests for features to cover when I do?
Cool! I’d like to see something about:

- audio signal routing using the bus system (and maybe the filter boards)
- granular effects
- how you approach making a track from scratch (like structuring of parts, tracks, modulation and FX, maybe up to using song mode to create a piece from various presets)
Added to my list!

Scories
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1002
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:29 am

Re: Gotharman's Little deFormer 3

Post by Scories » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:26 pm

@cscairney : Many thanks! I'm keeping an eye on this topic.
@Meska : I've also appreciated your video tutorial. I especially enjoyed the way you use the oscillators. You make them sound pretty close to my old Commodore 64 Cynthcart (that I still miss).

I bought a Tiny LD a few months ago but did not even took the time to learn how to use it. These videos are both helpful and motivational.

gotharman
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1659
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:53 am
Location: Denmark

Re: Gotharman's Little deFormer 3

Post by gotharman » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:29 pm

A new LD3 update are now available:
-2 new Percussion Oscillators has been added: Clap Oscillator and Cymbal 2.
-Edit Knob’s MIDI CC output can now be switched off.
-Triggers from Part 13 to 16 has been added to the modulation sources, instead of MIDI CC 58 to 61. This will make it possible to use 4 triggers for the CV outputs, when SpazeBoard2 are installed.
Bug fixes:
-The scaled CV modes on the Controller track pages (1vS and 1.2vS), seems to have disappeared. I am not sure how that could happen, but now they are back again.
-When syncing LD3/Tiny LD to a MIDI sequencer, and recording the MIDI notes, the sequence would, in most cases, be time shifted one step ahead. This has now been corrected.
Find it at:
www.gotharman.dk

User avatar
Modulus
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 444
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:49 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Gotharman's Little deFormer 3

Post by Modulus » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:24 pm

gotharman wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:29 pm
A new LD3 update are now available:
-2 new Percussion Oscillators has been added: Clap Oscillator and Cymbal 2.
-Edit Knob’s MIDI CC output can now be switched off.
-Triggers from Part 13 to 16 has been added to the modulation sources, instead of MIDI CC 58 to 61. This will make it possible to use 4 triggers for the CV outputs, when SpazeBoard2 are installed.
Bug fixes:
-The scaled CV modes on the Controller track pages (1vS and 1.2vS), seems to have disappeared. I am not sure how that could happen, but now they are back again.
-When syncing LD3/Tiny LD to a MIDI sequencer, and recording the MIDI notes, the sequence would, in most cases, be time shifted one step ahead. This has now been corrected.
Find it at:
www.gotharman.dk
Thanks for fixing my spaze board trigger issue!! Really looking forward to using this and also try the new percussion oscillators. Gotharman product support is legendary :)

gotharman
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1659
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:53 am
Location: Denmark

Re: Gotharman's Little deFormer 3

Post by gotharman » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:58 am

Modulus wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:24 pm
gotharman wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:29 pm
A new LD3 update are now available:
-2 new Percussion Oscillators has been added: Clap Oscillator and Cymbal 2.
-Edit Knob’s MIDI CC output can now be switched off.
-Triggers from Part 13 to 16 has been added to the modulation sources, instead of MIDI CC 58 to 61. This will make it possible to use 4 triggers for the CV outputs, when SpazeBoard2 are installed.
Bug fixes:
-The scaled CV modes on the Controller track pages (1vS and 1.2vS), seems to have disappeared. I am not sure how that could happen, but now they are back again.
-When syncing LD3/Tiny LD to a MIDI sequencer, and recording the MIDI notes, the sequence would, in most cases, be time shifted one step ahead. This has now been corrected.
Find it at:
www.gotharman.dk
Thanks for fixing my spaze board trigger issue!! Really looking forward to using this and also try the new percussion oscillators. Gotharman product support is legendary :)
It is my pleasure! I hope that you will enjoy it :)

User avatar
cscairney
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 424
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:36 am

Re: Gotharman's Little deFormer 3

Post by cscairney » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:33 am

Awesome! Thank you for the update flemming!

gotharman
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1659
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:53 am
Location: Denmark

Re: Gotharman's Little deFormer 3

Post by gotharman » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:55 pm

cscairney wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:33 am
Awesome! Thank you for the update flemming!
You are very welcome! It's my pleasure! Thanks for appreciating it!

User avatar
Bumply
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 358
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 8:25 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Gotharman's Little deFormer 3

Post by Bumply » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:29 pm

gotharman wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:29 pm
A new LD3 update are now available:
-2 new Percussion Oscillators has been added: Clap Oscillator and Cymbal 2.
-Edit Knob’s MIDI CC output can now be switched off.
-Triggers from Part 13 to 16 has been added to the modulation sources, instead of MIDI CC 58 to 61. This will make it possible to use 4 triggers for the CV outputs, when SpazeBoard2 are installed.
Bug fixes:
-The scaled CV modes on the Controller track pages (1vS and 1.2vS), seems to have disappeared. I am not sure how that could happen, but now they are back again.
-When syncing LD3/Tiny LD to a MIDI sequencer, and recording the MIDI notes, the sequence would, in most cases, be time shifted one step ahead. This has now been corrected.
Find it at:
www.gotharman.dk
Thanks Flemming!
"You ain't tough. You cottage cheese."
--
"You're the cheese....you're Zima"

User avatar
joey
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1304
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:51 pm
Location: Berlin

Re: Gotharman's Little deFormer 3

Post by joey » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:13 am



little jam i did last night. still learning my way around!

zite909
Common Wiggler
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:08 am
Location: Grenoble

Re: Gotharman's Little deFormer 3

Post by zite909 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:05 am

Wow thats sound great. Im curious about the new perc oscillators :)

gotharman wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:29 pm
A new LD3 update are now available:
-2 new Percussion Oscillators has been added: Clap Oscillator and Cymbal 2.
-Edit Knob’s MIDI CC output can now be switched off.
-Triggers from Part 13 to 16 has been added to the modulation sources, instead of MIDI CC 58 to 61. This will make it possible to use 4 triggers for the CV outputs, when SpazeBoard2 are installed.
Bug fixes:
-The scaled CV modes on the Controller track pages (1vS and 1.2vS), seems to have disappeared. I am not sure how that could happen, but now they are back again.
-When syncing LD3/Tiny LD to a MIDI sequencer, and recording the MIDI notes, the sequence would, in most cases, be time shifted one step ahead. This has now been corrected.
Find it at:
www.gotharman.dk

gotharman
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1659
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:53 am
Location: Denmark

Re: Gotharman's Little deFormer 3

Post by gotharman » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:59 pm

Bumply wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:29 pm
gotharman wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:29 pm
A new LD3 update are now available:
-2 new Percussion Oscillators has been added: Clap Oscillator and Cymbal 2.
-Edit Knob’s MIDI CC output can now be switched off.
-Triggers from Part 13 to 16 has been added to the modulation sources, instead of MIDI CC 58 to 61. This will make it possible to use 4 triggers for the CV outputs, when SpazeBoard2 are installed.
Bug fixes:
-The scaled CV modes on the Controller track pages (1vS and 1.2vS), seems to have disappeared. I am not sure how that could happen, but now they are back again.
-When syncing LD3/Tiny LD to a MIDI sequencer, and recording the MIDI notes, the sequence would, in most cases, be time shifted one step ahead. This has now been corrected.
Find it at:
www.gotharman.dk
Thanks Flemming!
It is my pleasure! I hope that you are enjoying it.

gotharman
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1659
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:53 am
Location: Denmark

Re: Gotharman's Little deFormer 3

Post by gotharman » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:00 pm

joey wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:13 am


little jam i did last night. still learning my way around!
Really great music and video! Thanks so much for sharing! I fully enjoyed it!

gotharman
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1659
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:53 am
Location: Denmark

Re: Gotharman's Little deFormer 3

Post by gotharman » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:00 pm

zite909 wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:05 am
Wow thats sound great. Im curious about the new perc oscillators :)

gotharman wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:29 pm
A new LD3 update are now available:
-2 new Percussion Oscillators has been added: Clap Oscillator and Cymbal 2.
-Edit Knob’s MIDI CC output can now be switched off.
-Triggers from Part 13 to 16 has been added to the modulation sources, instead of MIDI CC 58 to 61. This will make it possible to use 4 triggers for the CV outputs, when SpazeBoard2 are installed.
Bug fixes:
-The scaled CV modes on the Controller track pages (1vS and 1.2vS), seems to have disappeared. I am not sure how that could happen, but now they are back again.
-When syncing LD3/Tiny LD to a MIDI sequencer, and recording the MIDI notes, the sequence would, in most cases, be time shifted one step ahead. This has now been corrected.
Find it at:
www.gotharman.dk
I hope that you will enjoy playing with them :)

bda65
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:17 pm
Location: FR

Re: Gotharman's Little deFormer 3

Post by bda65 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:14 am

I like the new SSI 2140 filter :)

gotharman
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1659
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:53 am
Location: Denmark

Re: Gotharman's Little deFormer 3

Post by gotharman » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:38 am

bda65 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:14 am
I like the new SSI 2140 filter :)
Yeah, these new filter chips really sounds good :)

User avatar
flx
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1298
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:22 pm

Re: Gotharman's Little deFormer 3

Post by flx » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:18 pm

Joined the Little Deformer 3 club today, thanks to a nice forum member! :yay:
263C45F5-8B90-4DC5-94CF-FC60C837E38D.jpeg
Already jammed with it on the couch for two hours, using a 10.000mAh 9V power bank. The LD3 came very well specced with two MiniProphet filter boards and additional audio and CV connections, so it draws quite a bit of power, but it’s really cool to be able to play untethered. I assume I can get 4-5 hours of usage from one charge.

I’m really happy with the interface too. Using the step buttons to jump between menus in FUNC mode is very practical. Need to work some more with the note sequencer to get quicker or more precise, but having scale quantizing helps a lot. Looking forward to dive deeper into this instrument :sb:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by flx on Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can also find and contact me here:
tuesdaynightmachines@gmail.com
YouTube
Instagram
nightmachines.tv

gotharman
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1659
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:53 am
Location: Denmark

Re: Gotharman's Little deFormer 3

Post by gotharman » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:24 am

flx wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:18 pm
Joined the Little Deformer 3 club today, thanks to a nice forum member! :yay:

263C45F5-8B90-4DC5-94CF-FC60C837E38D.jpeg

Already jammed with it on the couch for two hours, using a 10.000mAh 9V power bank. The LD3 came very well specced with two MiniProphet filter boards and additional audio and CV connections, so it draws quite a bit of power, but it’s really cool to be able to play untethered.

I’m really happy with the interface too. Using the step buttons to jump between menus in FUNC mode is very practical. Need to work some more with the note sequencer to get quicker or more precise, but having scale quantizing helps a lot. Looking forward to dive deeper into this instrument :sb:
Welcome to the Little deFormer 3 club and congratulations on your purchase!

I hope that you will have a great time with it, and deform some great tracks!

Post Reply

Return to “General Gear”