Pulsar-23 by Soma

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

LameAim
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Pulsar-23 by Soma

Post by LameAim » Wed May 27, 2020 11:57 am

blipson wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 7:33 pm
LameAim: yes, the expense. I get the same feelings regarding my Lyra-8, which can't really be replaced at any price, but just doesn't get enough use--and then there's the size and bulk of it. With the P-23, though, it fits in so well with what I want to do that I'd actually be tempted to get a second one if it weren't for the space issue. Maybe in a few years when the secondhand prices come down.
Yeah - the P23 is a great, unique beast that I'm glad to have spent time with. Certainly don't regret buying it. Maybe someday I'll have the space to keep more than the essentials and it'll make sense to pick another one up - but there are other avenues that I want to explore first.

nuttymad
Wiggling with Experience

Post by nuttymad » Wed May 27, 2020 2:21 pm

electricanada wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 8:40 pm
blipson wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 7:33 pm
Stimming's demo was vintage Stimming, but obviously very, very newbie, which is a nice thing to work through with him, though his sound results were really basic. But I think he's miscalculated with his two years estimate--it's just not that kind of system. Also, it's very immediate, with few under-the-hood secondary functions and obviously no menu diving. The FX module is the exception and can be annoying because the modes make functionality unobvious; the labeling doesn't help there, and the manual isn't as clear as it could be, making me go back to it several times to refresh myself as to how it's functioning. But mostly everything else is immediate, working in traditionally expected ways. It's just that there's a lot of stuff. I would think Stimming's second video will bear all this out.
Agreed. I was getting great sounds out of it almost immediately. If you don't like what you're getting, keep adding patch cables and eventually it will suck you in. Happens to me every time I sit down with it.
100%. It only took me a week to get the hang of mine. I normally like his reviews/demos but this one was very off putting. He must have just unboxed it.

Off topic but I noticed that his wtf and omg posts are way more responsive then mine. Maybe it’s my dry ass old man hands? 🤔

mukadeauditive
1-Post Wiggler

Post by mukadeauditive » Thu May 28, 2020 1:52 pm

Shakespeare wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:55 am
Cruel fate... SOMA contact me again to tell me they had me on the wrong waiting list (EU instead of US). So now I guess I have to wait longer... unclear how long. :deadbanana:
That is rather unfortunate. Had my hopes up for a second there, but now I'm almost certain it'll be another month or two before I'm up for shipping. At least.

Shakespeare
Common Wiggler

Post by Shakespeare » Thu May 28, 2020 2:05 pm

I've been told 2-3 months more to wait now. Not great from a customer service standpoint... But whatever, I've waited a year, I can wait another couple of months.

Jee
Common Wiggler

Post by Jee » Thu May 28, 2020 7:29 pm

How many of these very long awaited units will go on sale after a month of tweaking because « finally it’s not my thing » ?
:hihi:

It’s annoying i passed on mine when I had a chance in January then felt good to not order because I really dislike this clap / snare sound but in all these videos there’s often 10 seconds of glorious sounds coming out of this unit that keeps the doubt alive...
Maybe I should have purchased it and sell it after 1 month if I really could not take this snare sound :roll:

Return to “General Gear”