Flame Mäander new Wavetable Desktop Synthesizer w Filterbank

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

tIB
Stainer!

Post by tIB » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:45 am

Does anyone have any contact info for flame instruments/per?

deftinwulf
Wiggling with Experience

Post by deftinwulf » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:28 pm

Fentune wrote:How would they go from 4 to 8 voice polyphony? Wouldn't that require a hardware upgrade?
This is pure speculation, but... It's a digital architecture for the oscillators, so in theory, increases in polyphony are possible with clever optimization of code. Waldorf/Studiologic were able to increase the polyphony of the Sledge from 8 to 24 voices with a firmware update. It's possible Flame have done the same with the Maander.

Edit to add: I suppose it might be more accurate to say "8 voice paraphony"? If it had a standard OSC>VCF>VCA design, you would be needing more filters, as well. But the Maander has a fixed filter bank, no matter what number of oscillators or "voices". So, adding more digital oscillators doesnt require more filters to feel like polyphony has been increased... If my understanding is correct, that is...

Pretty enticing list of specs, btw. :nana:

Fentune
Common Wiggler

Post by Fentune » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:13 pm

deftinwulf wrote:
Fentune wrote:How would they go from 4 to 8 voice polyphony? Wouldn't that require a hardware upgrade?
This is pure speculation, but... It's a digital architecture for the oscillators, so in theory, increases in polyphony are possible with clever optimization of code. Waldorf/Studiologic were able to increase the polyphony of the Sledge from 8 to 24 voices with a firmware update. It's possible Flame have done the same with the Maander.

Edit to add: I suppose it might be more accurate to say "8 voice paraphony"? If it had a standard OSC>VCF>VCA design, you would be needing more filters, as well. But the Maander has a fixed filter bank, no matter what number of oscillators or "voices". So, adding more digital oscillators doesnt require more filters to feel like polyphony has been increased... If my understanding is correct, that is...

Pretty enticing list of specs, btw. :nana:
It looks cool and sounds hot. Even with 4 voice poly it's still awesome :yay:

tIB
Stainer!

Post by tIB » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:53 am

I wonder how interested flame / per is in MPE - this thing looks incredible and I'd jump on it tomorrow if plans were afoot for mpe integration...

Fentune
Common Wiggler

Post by Fentune » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:09 am

tIB wrote:I wonder how interested flame / per is in MPE - this thing looks incredible and I'd jump on it tomorrow if plans were afoot for mpe integration...
That would be seriously dope. Now I know why you want to contact them :lol: . I looked on their website for any sort of contact info but couldn't find anything either man. This seems like another company who make innovative high quality instruments- and they are pretty much unreachable.

Fentune
Common Wiggler

Forget it

Post by Fentune » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:23 pm

Found the waveforms I was looking for.

geremyf
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Flame Mäander new Wavetable Desktop Synthesizer w Filterbank

Post by geremyf » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:00 pm

Hi, has anyone bought or used one of these puppies yet? Insights?

Fentune
Common Wiggler

Re:

Post by Fentune » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:13 am

slumberjack wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:13 am
OPT wrote:each of the 12 filter tracks can be configured to transmit a unique midi channel and note number.
:party: :banana:
The MIDI output is handled by 2 MIDI channels total- 1 channel for the OSC and another channel for the trigger tracks (filterbank, noise, input). Note numbers can be set for each of the 14 trigger tracks on a single MIDI channel.

Return to “General Gear”