Crave - $199 Synth from Behringer

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

spukhaft
Common Wiggler

Re: Crave - $199 Synth from Behringer

Post by spukhaft » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:59 pm

Ah, one more thing.

The arpeggiator is cool, but if you are synced to any external clock, it will not play unless the external source is playing. So if you want to stop what you are working on, and just experiment with the Crave, you will need to set it back to internal clock.
"It is not recommended to use these alternate modes if you plan to let Tony Rolando come play with your system."

JuliusRe
Learning to Wiggle

Post by JuliusRe » Thu May 07, 2020 3:14 am

Hey guys,

can anybody confirm my idea, that I could send other oscillators into crave´s filter and set the VCA mode to on in order to use only the filter together with other modules in my rack? Cause that would still be a pretty cheap ladder filter and a lot of other functions as "bonus" :mrgreen:

anselmi
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by anselmi » Thu May 07, 2020 4:01 am

JuliusRe wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 3:14 am
Hey guys,

can anybody confirm my idea, that I could send other oscillators into crave´s filter and set the VCA mode to on in order to use only the filter together with other modules in my rack? Cause that would still be a pretty cheap ladder filter and a lot of other functions as "bonus" :mrgreen:
yes
just plug your other oscillators into the external in jack and use the mix knob to balance this signal with the internal oscillator. You lost the noise this way, but if you still need noise together with the internal and external oscillators you can use the vc mix. Put the external oscillator into mix 1, noise output into mix 2, then mix out to external in and you have all 3 sources with 2 mix controls (one even with CV)

anselmi
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by anselmi » Thu May 07, 2020 4:06 am

double post...
Last edited by anselmi on Mon May 18, 2020 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

JuliusRe
Learning to Wiggle

Post by JuliusRe » Thu May 07, 2020 4:55 am

anselmi wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 4:01 am
JuliusRe wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 3:14 am
Hey guys,

yes
just plug your other oscillators into the external in jack and use the mix knob to balance this signal with the internal oscillator. You lost the noise this way, but if you still need noise together with the internal and external oscillators you can use the vc mix. Put the external oscillator into mix 1, noise output into mix 2, then mix out to external in and you have all 3 sources with 2 mix controls (one even with CV)
Thanks a lot, thats what i thought of :)

calli
Learning to Wiggle

I put my Crave into a Modular Case...

Post by calli » Mon May 18, 2020 3:56 am

Hello,

I just finished a project which took me some months from design, to build modules, two variants holding the modules, to this "retro" style Case.

You can see the evolutiuon in this album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/7dKgZ94mP2Hdqx2Q6

Cheers and wiggle,
Carsten
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General Gear”