Crave - $199 Synth from Behringer

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

SweetNuthin
Learning to Wiggle

Post by SweetNuthin » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:46 am

ckwjr wrote:Behringer has teased maybe half a dozen products since, but I haven’t heard anything about the Crave since February. Lol
In another forum someone said that the release of the Crave is pushed back.. i think 52 weeks (1 year) if i remember right

Panason
is banned
is banned

Post by Panason » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:57 am

It is Craving for sweet release

Muzone
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Muzone » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:07 am

SweetNuthin wrote:
In another forum someone said......
Must be true then :hihi:

SweetNuthin
Learning to Wiggle

Post by SweetNuthin » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:06 am

Muzone wrote:
SweetNuthin wrote:
In another forum someone said......
Must be true then :hihi:
it is true because the guy who said that was one of the tester

Chopper
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Chopper » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:00 pm

ckwjr wrote:Behringer has teased maybe half a dozen products since, but I haven’t heard anything about the Crave since February. Lol
I know every thread about Behringer ends up in a bitchfest, but what are those products you are mentioning??

Monotremata
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Monotremata » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:08 pm

Chopper wrote:
I know every thread about Behringer ends up in a bitchfest, but what are those products you are mentioning??
Theres an Oberheim, the Pro One, 12 bazillion drum machines, they're teasing Yamaha CS and now there's been a mockup of a VCS pin matrix clone heh. Im sure there's a couple Im missing, Uli's brain has been on a streak his company is in no way ready to keep up with..

joeSeggiola
Common Wiggler

Post by joeSeggiola » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:17 pm

Monotremata wrote:
Chopper wrote:
Theres an Oberheim, the Pro One, 12 bazillion drum machines, they're teasing Yamaha CS and now there's been a mockup of a VCS pin matrix clone heh. Im sure there's a couple Im missing, Uli's brain has been on a streak his company is in no way ready to keep up with..
Also ARP Odyssey and 2600 clones. If I'm not wrong, they demoed the Odyssey at MEFF and Superbooth this year, I still don't see them on sale...

Chopper
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Chopper » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:41 pm

Monotremata wrote:
Chopper wrote:
The oberheim and pro one were anounced before, and thanks for the 12 bazillions, you are actually making my point... The cs and pin matrix are nowhere near actually teasing a product as such, let's be honest. People presenting it as if it was a promise of something to come within a few months in order to bitch about it since it's Behringer.... Come on, we are not in College anymore, no one needs to group-bullying, even if it's about the almighty cloner, whatever our opinion on their product, policies and dubious sense of ethic...

dubonaire
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dubonaire » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:52 pm

Chopper wrote:
Monotremata wrote:
Chopper wrote:
The oberheim and pro one were anounced before, and thanks for the 12 bazillions, you are actually making my point... The cs and pin matrix are nowhere near actually teasing a product as such, let's be honest. People presenting it as if it was a promise of something to come within a few months in order to bitch about it since it's Behringer.... Come on, we are not in College anymore, no one needs to group-bullying, even if it's about the almighty cloner, whatever our opinion on their product, policies and dubious sense of ethic...
Exactly how is this "group-bullying"? It's not even bitching. Talk about non-sequiturs. I think you are making a mountain out of a molehill here.

Hyberus
Common Wiggler

Post by Hyberus » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:06 am

So, if I read this correctly:

An anonymous 'somebody' on an un-named 'other forum' makes and unverifiable claim to be a tester for Behringer, and then makes another unverifiable claim that the Crave is delayed by a year.

Cue mass panic . . .
Random is the new maRnod

Monotremata
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Monotremata » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:36 am

dubonaire wrote: Exactly how is this "group-bullying"? It's not even bitching. Talk about non-sequiturs. I think you are making a mountain out of a molehill here.
I dont get it either. He asked a question, it was answered. Apparently we're bullies now for keeping up.

I hope Uli clones the new Mac Pro next.

SweetNuthin
Learning to Wiggle

Post by SweetNuthin » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:09 am

Hyberus wrote:So, if I read this correctly:

An anonymous 'somebody' on an un-named 'other forum' makes and unverifiable claim to be a tester for Behringer, and then makes another unverifiable claim that the Crave is delayed by a year.

Cue mass panic . . .
the other forum is Gearslutz... the guy has got at least one video of him using a pre serial Crave

Muzone
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Muzone » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:43 am

SweetNuthin wrote:
Hyberus wrote:So, if I read this correctly:

Cue mass panic . . .
the other forum is Gearslutz... the guy has got at least one video of him using a pre serial Crave
skimmed the thread over there, only found one poster mentioning the 12 month delay and that was a whine against an online retailer (with history for this kind of thing) taking orders with an overly optimistic delivery date!

I can't see anywhere that Behringer have announced a release date so I guess they can't be "late" until they do so....

ckwjr
Common Wiggler

Post by ckwjr » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:08 am

The Crave in particular got a ton of attention in January and February and was also featured at Thomann Synth Reactor by some YouTubers at the end of March, but that was the last time I've seen it mentioned.

I'm not sure why some here are so sensitive about a "bitchfest." I'm interested in buying the thing but would love to know when it's available for purchase. It just seemed funny to me that Behringer teased so many new products, but I didn't see anything about the Crave from Superbooth at all. Maybe I just missed it?

Also the inexpensive eurorack modules. It would be great to see an update about that too.

Panason
is banned
is banned

Post by Panason » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:44 am

I'm really sorry

euromorcego
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by euromorcego » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:02 am

ckwjr wrote:..., but I didn't see anything about the Crave from Superbooth at all. Maybe I just missed it?
well, it was there (if i remember correctly) ... right next to the MS-101. But so was their 808 and a bunch of other stuff.

Chopper
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Chopper » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:34 pm

dubonaire wrote:
Chopper wrote:
Monotremata wrote:
Chopper wrote:
Exactly how is this "group-bullying"? It's not even bitching. Talk about non-sequiturs. I think you are making a mountain out of a molehill here.
I believe you know what i mean. I might not have expressed myself clearly there. I am talking about the constant "oh it's vaporware, oh those announcements and where is the product? Yadah yadah" that became the usual choir everytime behringer moves a muscle. Not a thread about anything Behringer related products can go half a page without it. The company we love to hate, i get it, but is there really anything about them we haven't said before? I might not have Much gear from their company (a couple of pedals and a Neutron, very good synth btw, i wasn't expecting much from it), but still, i would like to read something else than complaints about their ethic (or lack of) everytime one of those threads jump up again. Either pros or cons. We've been there and back... I know it's a forum related to synths therefore we talk synths, true. But sometimes we diverge a bit too much on the fringe of politic, and, well

dubonaire
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dubonaire » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:07 pm

Chopper wrote:
dubonaire wrote:
Chopper wrote:
Monotremata wrote:
Chopper wrote:
I believe you know what i mean. I might not have expressed myself clearly there. I am talking about the constant "oh it's vaporware, oh those announcements and where is the product? Yadah yadah" that became the usual choir everytime behringer moves a muscle. Not a thread about anything Behringer related products can go half a page without it. The company we love to hate, i get it, but is there really anything about them we haven't said before? I might not have Much gear from their company (a couple of pedals and a Neutron, very good synth btw, i wasn't expecting much from it), but still, i would like to read something else than complaints about their ethic (or lack of) everytime one of those threads jump up again. Either pros or cons. We've been there and back... I know it's a forum related to synths therefore we talk synths, true. But sometimes we diverge a bit too much on the fringe of politic, and, well
Man this whole forum, like almost every other forum, is basically Groundhog Day. The same things get repeated over and over again. I'm guilty of it, even you are guilty of it because you are also repeating what others have said before.

A thread is just a conversation, and I don't know about you, but my life has been full of the same conversations over and over again.

You can't avoid the fact that those comments are accurate, even if you don't like seeing them repeated.

tenembre

Post by tenembre » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:20 am

dubonaire wrote:
Chopper wrote:
dubonaire wrote:
Chopper wrote:
Monotremata wrote:
Chopper wrote:
Man this whole forum, like almost every other forum, is basically Groundhog Day. The same things get repeated over and over again. I'm guilty of it, even you are guilty of it because you are also repeating what others have said before.

A thread is just a conversation, and I don't know about you, but my life has been full of the same conversations over and over again.

You can't avoid the fact that those comments are accurate, even if you don't like seeing them repeated.
Some of them aren't though. The "oh it's vaporware, oh those announcements and where is the product? Yadah yadah" shit is just tiresome.

dubonaire
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dubonaire » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:01 am

tenembre wrote: Some of them aren't though. The "oh it's vaporware, oh those announcements and where is the product? Yadah yadah" shit is just tiresome.
It's a matter of personal choice I guess. What I don't find tiresome is companies that annouce products when they are ready or almost ready to ship, like Sequential, Mutable Instruments, Make Noise, and others. Posting a CAD rendering of a pin matrix is more tiresome to me, although I couldn't really care either way because I'm not interested in buying Behringer products.

But Behringer has an obvious strategy of maintaining social media presence even when not selling anything new by publishing imaginary synth components, and I don't think it's wrong for people to express their frustration with that.

paperCUT
Veteran Wiggler

Post by paperCUT » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:53 am

dubonaire wrote: by publishing imaginary synth components, and I don't think it's wrong for people to express their frustration with that.
Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Behringer released or is very much in production of pretty much everything they've shown? If that's your complaint against the company i'm struggling to find the example :hmm:

dubonaire
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dubonaire » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:42 am

paperCUT wrote:
dubonaire wrote: by publishing imaginary synth components, and I don't think it's wrong for people to express their frustration with that.
Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Behringer released or is very much in production of pretty much everything they've shown? If that's your complaint against the company i'm struggling to find the example :hmm:
I'm not complaining. I couldn't care less. I'm supporting others' right to complain. "Correct me if I'm wrong" but I think the answer to your question is no. Behringer has so far released for sale Deepmind, Model D, Neuron, VC 340 and 101.

tenembre

Post by tenembre » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:42 am

dubonaire wrote:
tenembre wrote: Some of them aren't though. The "oh it's vaporware, oh those announcements and where is the product? Yadah yadah" shit is just tiresome.
It's a matter of personal choice I guess. What I don't find tiresome is companies that annouce products when they are ready or almost ready to ship, like Sequential, Mutable Instruments, Make Noise, and others. Posting a CAD rendering of a pin matrix is more tiresome to me, although I couldn't really care either way because I'm not interested in buying Behringer products.

But Behringer has an obvious strategy of maintaining social media presence even when not selling anything new by publishing imaginary synth components, and I don't think it's wrong for people to express their frustration with that.
The components aren't imaginary. They're just not close to release. Your choice of language shows that you are characterizing them as vaporware, and that's an unfair assertion.

You have an obvious preference in promotional strategies used by synth companies and that's fine. I don't mind the component teases and "Uli" asking for comment on Gearslutz threads, but again that's a personal preference. If I didn't like them they would be easy enough to ignore, just as it's easy to ignore any other product that I'm not interested in. But the idea that people who are recycling vaporware accusations are "expressing frustration" with a promotional strategy is a bit off the mark. Since people are going out of their way to criticize promotion for products they profess to have no interest in, and because the accusation is unfair, I think the correct conclusion is that they are just piling onto an anti-Behringer bandwagon.

dubonaire
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dubonaire » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:13 pm

tenembre wrote:
dubonaire wrote:

The components aren't imaginary. They're just not close to release. Your choice of language shows that you are characterizing them as vaporware, and that's an unfair assertion.

You have an obvious preference in promotional strategies used by synth companies and that's fine. I don't mind the component teases and "Uli" asking for comment on Gearslutz threads, but again that's a personal preference. If I didn't like them they would be easy enough to ignore, just as it's easy to ignore any other product that I'm not interested in. But the idea that people who are recycling vaporware accusations are "expressing frustration" with a promotional strategy is a bit off the mark. Since people are going out of their way to criticize promotion for products they profess to have no interest in, and because the accusation is unfair, I think the correct conclusion is that they are just piling onto an anti-Behringer bandwagon.
You need to back to the original post in question, in which someone who stated many of the projects have not been released was accused of "group-bullying" which is completely ridiculous.

Chopper
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Chopper » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:59 am

dubonaire wrote:

Right: i 100% agree with this, but at the same time, my point was that believe (hope) that if we ignore it then it might go away. A bit naive maybe but hey... Again, i agree with your point about the issue, but as far as people's reaction is concerned, well, Behringer know that any reaction, good or bad, is a reaction anyway. We are playing their game at the end of the day. People generating speculations on products and so on is basically them using us for advertising, and controvercies as how those products will take shape is always beneficial for sales. I am looking at you, Roland...

Return to “General Gear”