Rare Waves Hydronium bass line synth

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

estin
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Rare Waves Hydronium bass line synth

Post by estin » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:41 pm

Anyone had a chance to play with one of these yet? Looks like fun and sounds quite nice. I love the idea of a built in effects loop and its post VCF pre VCA. Could easily run a stupid high gain distortion in the loop and the VCA will gate all the noise. :hyper:

http://rarewaves.net/products/hydronium/

thevegasnerve wrote:I have not, but think I am going to order one. Love the sound and it CV input/outputs so its a little more functional than my GDC. Now that terrible decision of color!!

Still have the option of black in either format but i'd likely go yellow myself, it will match the geiger counter pedal that will live in the fx loop.

thevegasnerve
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Rare Waves Hydronium bass line synth

Post by thevegasnerve » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:12 pm

estin wrote:Anyone had a chance to play with one of these yet? Looks like fun and sounds quite nice. I love the idea of a built in effects loop and its post VCF pre VCA. Could easily run a stupid high gain distortion in the loop and the VCA will gate all the noise. :hyper:

http://rarewaves.net/products/hydronium/

thevegasnerve wrote:I have not, but think I am going to order one. Love the sound and it CV input/outputs so its a little more functional than my GDC. Now that terrible decision of color!!

Still have the option of black in either format but i'd likely go yellow myself, it will match the geiger counter pedal that will live in the fx loop.
My favorites are the yellow eurorack or the blue standalone. It sounds really good based on that demo.

estin
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by estin » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:24 pm

ahh I now see you meant it will be hard to choose which color, I misunderstood that one completely. Combine that with originally posting this in b/s/t forum its just been an off day for me. :hihi:

Panason
is banned
is banned

Post by Panason » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:10 pm

You also missed the already existing thread for this :razz:

estin
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by estin » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:18 pm

Damnit I searched for one too and apparently missed it. Its a tough life when you're stupid :zombie:

windspirit
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by windspirit » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:22 pm

Yep, sounds really good really nice filter and CV connectivity. Not sure I need another monosynth but it looks like a fun build I might have to get one at some point.

rowsbywoof
Ultra Wiggler

Post by rowsbywoof » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:49 pm

I had no idea these were out. Eric was teasing them last year, but I completely forgot about his new little acid synth. Sounds freaking amazing, though he didn't go with the acid green color many of us were hoping for in the poll. ;)

desdinova
Wiggling with Experience

Post by desdinova » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:50 pm

Wish it was available in white to match the RA-9, might grab a blue though, I think they'd make an interesting pair.

tenma
Learning to Wiggle

Post by tenma » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:30 pm

It's a quality little box. I bought the yellow desktop kit version and was thoroughly happy with it. The instructions for the DIY kit were very well laid out

versipellis
Wiggling with Experience

Post by versipellis » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:16 pm

My eurorack kit arrived the other day. Been trying to find my soldering fan so I can assemble it. The instructions are nice, and the packaging is really well thought-out too.
tunes: https://www.soundcloud.com/dycedot
in boston? I run nights: https://www.facebook.com/4OTFEvents/
selling [Prologue 16, Fusion Mixer v3, Qu-bit Prism, Intellijel uMIDI 1U, Raging Bull 3.0, NE Zularic Repetitor]: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=239013

Return to “General Gear”