JHS VCR chorus/reverb vs?

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

Unborn Gore
Wiggling with Experience

JHS VCR chorus/reverb vs?

Post by Unborn Gore » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:55 pm

Any comparable pedals like this one out there?

https://youtu.be/h-8dJLCEcXw

mor4sso
Common Wiggler

Post by mor4sso » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:26 pm

it hasn't been released yet, but Dreadbox's new pedal is very similar albeit
more expensive and more feature packed

https://www.dreadbox-fx.com/hypnosis/

Unborn Gore
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Unborn Gore » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:43 pm

Oooo... thanks for the heads up!

quadrupole
Common Wiggler

Post by quadrupole » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:21 am

Jhs vcr sounds great though! Thanks for adding another pedal to my list... :deadbanana:

GuyaGuy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by GuyaGuy » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:01 am

MD Effects High Tide
Keeley Seafoam Plus
Electro-Harmonix Epitome
Zoom MS-70CDR
Zoom BT100
Eventide H9

kinkycables
Common Wiggler

Post by kinkycables » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:08 am

Really shouldn’t be supporting jhs

BogartDestructo
Common Wiggler

Post by BogartDestructo » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:24 am

Why is that?

BogartDestructo
Common Wiggler

Post by BogartDestructo » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:26 am

Obviously because of the affiliation with Ryan Adams this pedal has been pulled and is no longer available as far as I know. What's wrong with JHS though?

kinkycables
Common Wiggler

Post by kinkycables » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:56 pm

BogartDestructo wrote:Why is that?
They’re hatemongers. Homophobic, transphobic, shitheel hatemongers.

Unborn Gore
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Unborn Gore » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:01 am

kinkycables wrote:
That’s a good reason to not send them $$$. But do you have any info you can point me to that indicates as much?

JayEm
Wiggling with Experience

Post by JayEm » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:54 am

Unborn Gore wrote:
kinkycables wrote:
That’s a good reason to not send them $$$. But do you have any info you can point me to that indicates as much?
https://realworldworship.org/2014/02/25 ... hs-pedals/
BandCamp Instagram
"peoples moist elbow cruxes, sodden with phlegm" - Joe.

Rex Coil 7
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Rex Coil 7 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:40 am

JayEm wrote:
Unborn Gore wrote:
kinkycables wrote:
I just read that entire article. The author SUPPORTS JHS and found the claims of JHS being "LGBT haters" bogus and "composed" by people that want to hate on JHS.

After doing some of my own research on this, I agree with the author of that article ... JHS are not "Homophobic, transphobic, shitheel hatemongers". In fact, the person that said that is the "shitheel hatemonger".

This type of unfounded juvenile gossiping stone throwing is precisely why I got out of building pedals commercially. There are so many bigots out there that claim others are "nazi racists" or other horrible things that it made me physically sick to my stomach to be involved in such activities. Not that the activities themselves (pedal building) is sickening, but because there are so many people out there that project their own self loathing and self hatred on others that I elected to distance myself from the situation.

I got hit with so much hypocritical bullshit and 7th grade gossip after one person was unhappy because they didn't get their order on time (due to me being hospitalized for kidney stones) ... then all of the self loathing hate vessels piled on. 99% of them never even bought a single thing from me.

Best I can tell, JHS is no more guilty of any of the haters' claims than any other pedalbuilders are. So if we're going to do as we're told by the ignorant misinformed and boycott JHS for their sins .... then we must boycott every other small pedalbuilder, for they are guilty of all of the exact same things.

What the hell ever happened to tolerating the sins of others? What ever happened to following the notion of "he who is without sin, throw the first stone"? What ever happened to treating others the same way we would want to be treated?

One thing I've learned in my nearly 60 years of being alive is that those who accuse others of horrible sins are usually the most guilty! Someone calls out "FASCIST!" ... they are most likely the fascist. Someone calls out "HATER!" ... they are most likely the hater. Someone calls out "BIGOT!" ... they are most likely the bigot.

Someone calls out ""Homophobic, transphobic, shitheel hatemongers" ... they are most likely the homophobic, transphobic, shitheel hatemonger.

That behavior is described in the DSM ver5 as "projection".

If I had a need for something JHS produced, I'd buy it in a second.

:tu:
5U MODULAR NORMALIZING PROJECT (for your entertainment) viewtopic.php?t=78836&highlight=
.. given the choice between conformity and self respect, I choose the latter.
.. dominion - noun: control or the exercise of control . power . possessed and controlled domain . sovereignty . having dominion over the world . supreme authority . absolute ownership . power . authority . jurisdiction . control . command ... power ....... power .......... power.

BogartDestructo
Common Wiggler

Post by BogartDestructo » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:04 am

Rex Coil 7 wrote:
JayEm wrote:
Unborn Gore wrote:
kinkycables wrote:
I just read that entire article. The author SUPPORTS JHS and found the claims of JHS being "LGBT haters" bogus and "composed" by people that want to hate on JHS.

After doing some of my own research on this, I agree with the author of that article ... JHS are not "Homophobic, transphobic, shitheel hatemongers". In fact, the person that said that is the "shitheel hatemonger".

This type of unfounded juvenile gossiping stone throwing is precisely why I got out of building pedals commercially. There are so many bigots out there that claim others are "nazi racists" or other horrible things that it made me physically sick to my stomach to be involved in such activities. Not that the activities themselves (pedal building) is sickening, but because there are so many people out there that project their own self loathing and self hatred on others that I elected to distance myself from the situation.

I got hit with so much hypocritical bullshit and 7th grade gossip after one person was unhappy because they didn't get their order on time (due to me being hospitalized for kidney stones) ... then all of the self loathing hate vessels piled on. 99% of them never even bought a single thing from me.

Best I can tell, JHS is no more guilty of any of the haters' claims than any other pedalbuilders are. So if we're going to do as we're told by the ignorant misinformed and boycott JHS for their sins .... then we must boycott every other small pedalbuilder, for they are guilty of all of the exact same things.

What the hell ever happened to tolerating the sins of others? What ever happened to following the notion of "he who is without sin, throw the first stone"? What ever happened to treating others the same way we would want to be treated?

One thing I've learned in my nearly 60 years of being alive is that those who accuse others of horrible sins are usually the most guilty! Someone calls out "FASCIST!" ... they are most likely the fascist. Someone calls out "HATER!" ... they are most likely the hater. Someone calls out "BIGOT!" ... they are most likely the bigot.

Someone calls out ""Homophobic, transphobic, shitheel hatemongers" ... they are most likely the homophobic, transphobic, shitheel hatemonger.

That behavior is described in the DSM ver5 as "projection".

If I had a need for something JHS produced, I'd buy it in a second.

:tu:
Great post...couldn't have put it better myself. Also, sorry you got out of the pedal game because of this kind of unsubstantiated bullshit.

Another lesson to learn from all this...if you're going to post a link to substantiate an accusation, it's probably worth reading it yourself first to make sure it actually sides WITH your statement NOT against it :doh:
Last edited by BogartDestructo on Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zube
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Zube » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:04 am

Rex Coil 7 wrote:
Aren't you a cop? Sounds like an unhelpful attitude to have in any type of law enforcement or crime solving.

BogartDestructo
Common Wiggler

Post by BogartDestructo » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:47 am

Zube wrote:
Rex Coil 7 wrote:
Aren't you a cop? Sounds like an unhelpful attitude to have in any type of law enforcement or crime solving.
Thats what you took out of this thread? :despair:

ranix
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ranix » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:07 am

I think some of us may be missing the key takeaways here, which are I think that dreadbox's new fx unit is pretty cool

Zube
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Zube » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:08 am

BogartDestructo wrote:
Zube wrote:
Rex Coil 7 wrote:
Rehashing tired JHS drama for the 5 billionth time is what keeps you in? I was reading for the pedal comparisons, but, sure :despair:

BogartDestructo
Common Wiggler

Post by BogartDestructo » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:12 am

ranix wrote:I think some of us may be missing the key takeaways here, which are I think that dreadbox's new fx unit is pretty cool
I'm all over this...just gutted to have to wait 'til summer for its release.

Zube
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Zube » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:12 am

ranix wrote:I think some of us may be missing the key takeaways here, which are I think that dreadbox's new fx unit is pretty cool
I definitely didn't miss that. I plan on picking one up this year at some point. :tu:

BogartDestructo
Common Wiggler

Post by BogartDestructo » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:16 am

Zube wrote:
BogartDestructo wrote:
Zube wrote:
Rex Coil 7 wrote:
Rehashing tired JHS drama for the 5 billionth time is what keeps you in? I was reading for the pedal comparisons, but, sure :despair:
Here for the pedal comparison...contribution; questioning somebodys attitude/ability to do their job :hmm: Whatever floats your boat i guess.

Zube
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Zube » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:14 am

BogartDestructo wrote:
Zube wrote:
BogartDestructo wrote:
Zube wrote:
Rex Coil 7 wrote:
Here for the pedal comparison...contribution; questioning somebodys attitude/ability to do their job :hmm: Whatever floats your boat i guess.
No you just want to piss on or defend JHS. I clicked for the pedal and got politics (again) but what do I expect anymore at this point

estin
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by estin » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:20 am

kinkycables wrote:
Man, tolerance sounds so intolerant these days.

BogartDestructo
Common Wiggler

Post by BogartDestructo » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:29 am

Zube wrote:
BogartDestructo wrote:
Zube wrote:
BogartDestructo wrote:
Zube wrote:
Rex Coil 7 wrote:
No you just want to piss on or defend JHS. I clicked for the pedal and got politics (again) but what do I expect anymore at this point
Quote me pissing on and/or defending JHS and then address your 'aren't you a cop' comment and i'll mail you a JHS pedal of your choice :lol:

Zube
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Zube » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:39 am

BogartDestructo wrote:
Zube wrote:
BogartDestructo wrote:
Zube wrote:
BogartDestructo wrote:
Zube wrote:
Rex Coil 7 wrote:
Quote me pissing on and/or defending JHS and then address your 'aren't you a cop' comment and i'll mail you a JHS pedal of your choice :lol:
Maybe I should get you a sandwich too while I'm up

That jhs shit is just as tired as you and your buddy's right wing bs, feigning ignorance is just as corny

BogartDestructo
Common Wiggler

Post by BogartDestructo » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:03 am

Zube wrote:
BogartDestructo wrote:
Zube wrote:
BogartDestructo wrote:
Zube wrote:
BogartDestructo wrote:
Zube wrote:
Rex Coil 7 wrote:
Maybe I should get you a sandwich too while I'm up

That jhs shit is just as tired as you and your buddy's right wing bs, feigning ignorance is just as corny
:bang: OK pal full disclosure as it seems you're a little confused...I knew NOTHING about this whole JHS stuff until this thread happened. Hence why i asked whats wrong with them. I read a link which would apparently enlighten me as to what they did and it was a link SUPPORTING JHS. Nothing supporting the accusations has been posted as yet.

Here you come in, nothing about pedals/JHS but baiting some dude about his post because he's a cop!?!?

You then tell me all i want to do is piss on OR support JHS - which in itself sounds absolutely ridiculous...so i ask for an example of me doing either. You start whining about things being too political, and accuse me of being right wing (which, although i shouldn't need to say on a board about synths/gear - my political stance is to the left). Seems to me all the politics in this thread is coming from you?

Sorry you're so angry/misguided and you're directing your rage at the wrong guy.

Im good for a sandwich mate but maybe get yourself a nice glass of water and calm down a bit.

Return to “General Gear”