Gotharman's Tiny LD

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

meska
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Gotharman's Tiny LD

Post by meska » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:03 pm

22tape wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:55 pm

Regarding the envelope follower only being triggered at the same time as the voice-- can we not insert a compressor prior to the Bus's envelope follower to allow the threshold of the compressor to determine the amplitude at which the envelope follower is triggered?

Also-- is setting a sample's default playback to reverse a complete no-go, or may it potentially be a feature request? :)
1- All the 8 envelop folower are at the end of the signal chaine, but it 100%WET all the sound pass to it (is it helping you ^^ ? )

2- complet no go, as far as i know.
tremblap wrote: In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.
In practice, there is.
www.meska.fr
https://statikwave.bandcamp.com/

22tape
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by 22tape » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:23 pm

meska wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:03 pm
1- All the 8 envelop folower are at the end of the signal chaine, but it 100%WET all the sound pass to it (is it helping you ^^ ? )
Thanks for the response!

So my use case is pretty much side chaining, but rather than side chaining the volume, I'd like to use the envelope followers to side chain other parameters of other parts--

Say I want a drum-loop's amplitude to automate the filter cutoff of a synth on another part, but I don't want the synth's filter to cutoff on every amplitude peak of the drum loop, so I need a threshold parameter to set the desired level at which the drum-loop level will trigger its envelope follower. Also, I would not need to hear the drum-loop, it's only used to create the amplitude peaks for the envelope follower to be sent to the synth part.

Would this work?--

Part 1 has a drum-loop -> assigned to Bus 1 -> Compressor inserted on Bus 1 -> Bus 1 NOT assigned to the outputs.

Part 2 has a synth line -> assigned to Bus 2 -> Bus 2 assigned to L/R outs.

Assign the drum loop's envelope follower to the synth's filter cutoff.

Play the drum loop -> set the threshold of the compressor to the desired sensitivity so that the drump loop does not trigger the envelope follower on every amplitude spike.

So now the synth part's filter follows the rhythm of the drum loop without going too crazy with each amplitude peak of the drumloop.

meska
Wiggling with Experience

Post by meska » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:40 pm

ok what you whant is apsolutly doable but not exac in this way :
first the output of every envelop folower is a modulation source !

so all you have is setup corectly the bus parameter of the 2 voice (your drum voic set the flr parameter on off,and adjust the the gain and the reales of the bus envelop as desired
use a filter or better a compressor ^^ in inserte fx on you other track and use modulation source envlops folower of your drume bus to modulate respectivly, cutt off or compresion , you can adjuste the modulation amounth !
tremblap wrote: In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.
In practice, there is.
www.meska.fr
https://statikwave.bandcamp.com/

22tape
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by 22tape » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:48 pm

meska wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:40 pm
ok what you whant is apsolutly doable but not exac in this way :
first the output of every envelop folower is a modulation source !

so all you have is setup corectly the bus parameter of the 2 voice (your drum voic set the flr parameter on off,and adjust the the gain and the reales of the bus envelop as desired
use a filter or better a compressor ^^ in inserte fx on you other track and use modulation source envlops folower of your drume bus to modulate respectivly, cutt off or compresion , you can adjuste the modulation amounth !
Ah okay, thank you!

22tape
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by 22tape » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:14 pm

Are there any examples online of the pitchshaper2 in a more melodic context? The only ones I've found are synth waveforms/drums effecting each other.

Thanks for answering all my question, peeps! I'm trying to figure out what other pieces of gear can be replaced by Tiny LD's functionality so I can sell the other bits to help fund the purchase of Tiny LD :)

Like, the reason I'd like to hear the ptichshaper2 in a melodic context is because I'm wondering if I can sell a couple Electro Harmonix pitch tracking pedals. Since I can't play an instrument well enough to create lead lines/solos, I often just sing into Mel9's cello preset, send it through filter/distortion, and I have a killer sounding guitar-ish lead. I do similar things with the flute/strings presets through delay/reverb for pad sounds.

If anyone is super bored, I'd be very interested to hear pitchshaper2 in this context, where a string/brass/wind sample is tracked by a melodic vocal.

:wookie:

Return to “General Gear”