Korg Nu:Tekt NTS-1

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

scottmoon
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Korg Nu:Tekt NTS-1

Post by scottmoon » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:32 am

Stormchild wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:45 am
The MicroFreak has both a mono 1/4” and stereo 1/8” output, so I figured I’ll just use the 1/8” output, but unfortunately it’s infested with noise if the MicroFreak is powered by USB (at least with the hub I’m using). The 1/4” output is clean, but not stereo. So I can either use the 1/4” output and get a nice clean signal that only shows up in the left side of the NTS-1 output, or use the 1/8” out and hear both channels drowning in noise. I guess option #3 is to use the gigantic power adapter that came with the MicroFreak and forget about trying to use them in a portable setting. Kind of a bummer.
The ¼" output on the MicroFreak is stereo. I'll have to check this problem out when my NTS-1 arrives.
"If you think this world is bad, you should see some of the others" - PKD

My band's noise https://soundcloud.com/lunarasylum

mrhooks
Common Wiggler

Post by mrhooks » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:09 pm

scottmoon wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:32 am
[The ¼" output on the MicroFreak is stereo. I'll have to check this problem out when my NTS-1 arrives.
The manual says the output is balanced monaural TRS, not stereo.

The stereo input on the NTS-1 is a drag, as is the MircoFreak's noise issue (Arturia even mentions it in the manual I think?). I bought the NTS-1 to use with my 0-Coast (and maybe my modular), so thankfully stereo wasn't an issue for me. I suppose you could use a couple of Y-cables - one to split into 2x TS, another to combine into 3.5mm stereo TRS. It would look a bit kludgey, but it's better than carrying the power brick.
If you have an original MI Rings panel you're willing to part with, please PM me.

scottmoon
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by scottmoon » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:36 pm

mrhooks wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:09 pm
scottmoon wrote:
[The ¼" output on the MicroFreak is stereo. I'll have to check this problem out when my NTS-1 arrives.
The manual says the output is balanced monaural TRS, not stereo.
:drunkhomer: DOH! Guess I should have read the manual. "6.35 mm (1/4'') TS or symmetrised TRS output". I learned a new word "symmetrised".
"If you think this world is bad, you should see some of the others" - PKD

My band's noise https://soundcloud.com/lunarasylum

Stormchild
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Stormchild » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:36 pm

scottmoon wrote:
The ¼" output on the MicroFreak is stereo. I'll have to check this problem out when my NTS-1 arrives.
Nope. Balanced mono.

Return to “General Gear”