Behringer teases 303 clone?

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

gelabs
Common Wiggler

Post by gelabs » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:52 am

If I didn't have two x0xb0x already I would definitely buy two of those TD-3. But I won't trade my x0xb0xes for this, they have hackable firmware and better ergonomics. As for the sound, it's close enough, just a bit of filter calibration needed.

acidbob
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by acidbob » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:14 am

Sounds cool to me, but as stated the filter is more open, otherwise I think it sounds good.

I bought a used Acidlab Bassline3, do you guys have any comments on the acidlab vs. The other clones out there? Should I consider the Behringer as well? I think 2x 303 sounds great together, so that is the reason why I am asking

Maffez
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Maffez » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:35 am

craigie77 wrote:nice blank space on panel for MODs
yessss :)

I hope there's enough space underneath for something like this...

nectarios
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by nectarios » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:52 am

h4ndcrafted wrote:Yes it was one of Andy’s , great builder. I was a fool to sell it with its engraved pots and I asked for pink leds because they were kind on my eyes.

I wonder if he’s still making them ?
No idea. I would assume that the TT-303s and probably Roland Boutique, might have slowed things down for him...but yeah, try sending him an email I guess.

craigie77
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by craigie77 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:50 pm

Maffez wrote:
craigie77 wrote:nice blank space on panel for MODs
yessss :)

I hope there's enough space underneath for something like this...

the Distortion is based on a DS-1, some nice mods especially the Keely mod would be do-able, mind you surface mount, so not sure

but defo gonna be some boards popping up for this

Luap
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Luap » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:22 pm

I notice they kept the sequencer authentic to the original. I predict there will soon be much "WTF!?" from a new generation of Acid enthusiasts :hihi:

naos
Common Wiggler

Post by naos » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:47 pm

Luap wrote:I notice they kept the sequencer authentic to the original. I predict there will soon be much "WTF!?" from a new generation of Acid enthusiasts :hihi:
I wanted to kill myself just looking at the sequencer explanation in the review video. I think I'll pass, and keep making snobbish acid lines on other synths that don't sound like a 303.

Diabolik!
Common Wiggler

Post by Diabolik! » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:30 pm

definitely getting this. i wish there was cv/gate in so I could sequence it with my Metropolis, but maybe that would be mod-able

tenembre
Common Wiggler

Post by tenembre » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:35 pm

Diabolik! wrote:definitely getting this. i wish there was cv/gate in so I could sequence it with my Metropolis, but maybe that would be mod-able
If you do find any info on CV / Gate In mods, please share! My googling on the subject (for the o.g. 303) didn't reveal much.

Without that, it's locked to 12TET.

ludotex
Wiggling with Experience

Post by ludotex » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:29 pm

naos wrote:
Luap wrote:I notice they kept the sequencer authentic to the original. I predict there will soon be much "WTF!?" from a new generation of Acid enthusiasts :hihi:
I wanted to kill myself just looking at the sequencer explanation in the review video. I think I'll pass, and keep making snobbish acid lines on other synths that don't sound like a 303.
Just press the random button is all you need! :goo: :hihi:
---
Latest patchings and experiments: https://www.youtube.com/user/plutotex/videos

onthebandwagon
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by onthebandwagon » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:40 pm

naos wrote:
But what’s color lipstick will you be wearing?
“no matter how fine you grind the dead meat, you’ll not bring it to life again“

Oldstench
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Oldstench » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:27 pm

naos wrote:
It comes with software that allows you to write lines in a sequencer-like UI and transfer it over.
Humanity has doomed itself.

Maffez
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Maffez » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:10 am

tenembre wrote:
Diabolik! wrote:definitely getting this. i wish there was cv/gate in so I could sequence it with my Metropolis, but maybe that would be mod-able
If you do find any info on CV / Gate In mods, please share! My googling on the subject (for the o.g. 303) didn't reveal much.

http://www.doepfer.de/faq/TB303.txt

only in german but condensed translation would be:

Gate input: lift left terminal of R146 insert diode (anode to IC, cathode to r146) gate in socket to diode (anode) which goes to R146 on side of other diode cathode (from doepfer.de)

CV input: at junction of r100/r118/r106 (close to q26) insert r7k (not sure about that one though 27k?) and cermet trimmer 4k7 (from doepfer.de)

oscilloscope
Common Wiggler

Post by oscilloscope » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:16 am

:)

anselmi
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by anselmi » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:46 am

craigie77 wrote:mind you surface mount, so not sure
TT-303 is also SMT but all devilfish mods can be done there, so I think it should be the same with this one

WaveRider
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by WaveRider » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:55 pm

wow, it's been a while!!!! ...more than 30 years that I used the original sequencer... my xoxbox sucks for not having triplets, I miss the real groove :love:

Synth Con Meo
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Synth Con Meo » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:14 pm

oscilloscope wrote::)
I kind of like the blue. A nice bit of change over the original, boutique and the TT. :tu:

tenembre
Common Wiggler

Post by tenembre » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:08 pm

Maffez wrote:
tenembre wrote:

http://www.doepfer.de/faq/TB303.txt

only in german but condensed translation would be:

Gate input: lift left terminal of R146 insert diode (anode to IC, cathode to r146) gate in socket to diode (anode) which goes to R146 on side of other diode cathode (from doepfer.de)

CV input: at junction of r100/r118/r106 (close to q26) insert r7k (not sure about that one though 27k?) and cermet trimmer 4k7 (from doepfer.de)
Thanks! That means the Bher is probably 1v/O internally. I doubt the components will have the same designations, but the VCO input shouldn't be terribly difficult to find (he said, not ever having done it himself).

anselmi
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by anselmi » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:38 pm

Synth Con Meo wrote:
oscilloscope wrote::)
I kind of like the blue. A nice bit of change over the original, boutique and the TT. :tu:

I imagine they borrowed :eek: the aesthetics from this ancient devilfish aluminum case replacements

Maffez
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Maffez » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:35 pm

craigie77 wrote:
the Distortion is based on a DS-1, some nice mods especially the Keely mod would be do-able, mind you surface mount, so not sure

but defo gonna be some boards popping up for this
that mod looks interesting but whole lotta caps to replace - needs to be seen

tenembre wrote: Thanks! That means the Bher is probably 1v/O internally. I doubt the components will have the same designations, but the VCO input shouldn't be terribly difficult to find (he said, not ever having done it himself).
i'm sure guides for this and other things are going to pop up pretty soon when the thing is in the wild :)

---
kinda double post/hope that's okay - provided a little neo-vintage mod guide satire on gs and attach it here as well (nothing against the original tb at all, they've just become so expensive) :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

estin
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by estin » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:30 pm

Saw these on pre-order at PerfectCircuit for a whopping $149 :hihi: Thats volca territory pricing so if the sound is there they will sell a lot of them.

mome rath
a dubious cube of margarine

Post by mome rath » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:54 pm

anselmi wrote: I imagine they borrowed :eek: the aesthetics from this ancient devilfish aluminum case replacements

have you ever seen the purple and green ones? :lol:
oof, so uh... mm
soundcloud, dear friends
good trader cred
instagraM
guest wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:45 pm
basically, as the dude put it "no walter, youre not wrong, youre just an asshole".
zoogoo wrote: your stupid

Noodle Twister
Common Wiggler

Post by Noodle Twister » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:54 pm

If you're in the UK and ok with silver they have them here for £99 delivered.
Subject to change delivery date is January 15th...https://www.andertons.co.uk/behringer-t ... ynthesizer

rarara
Common Wiggler

Post by rarara » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:18 am

Noodle Twister wrote:If you're in the UK and ok with silver they have them here for £99 delivered.
Subject to change delivery date is January 15th...https://www.andertons.co.uk/behringer-t ... ynthesizer
£129 now :cry:

h4ndcrafted
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by h4ndcrafted » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:17 am

I know there are skins for neutron etc, but if somebody make vinyl or gel skins for these , they are going to do well I think.
We don't want to conquer space at all. We want to expand Earth endlessly. We don't want other worlds; we want a mirror.

Return to “General Gear”