Behringer TD-3

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

Maffez
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Maffez » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:41 pm

kons wrote:
Maffez wrote:couldn't resist...

you got a run through (with pics) of how you did the mods anywhere on the net?
just finished a beta modding guide - fair use stylez :)

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpos ... tcount=219

ongoing discussions etc here: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/modular ... -mods.html

3hands
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by 3hands » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:23 pm

How about start a thread up here about it. Some of us are deathly allergic to GS.

:)
Gum is fun, but not on a cat.

My minds an art gallery.

Maffez
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Maffez » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:22 pm

3hands wrote:How about start a thread up here about it. Some of us are deathly allergic to GS.

:)
yeah, i know, and the other way round too :) though there are folks on both fora, so let solder overcome cut traces n stuff :)

lisa
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by lisa » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:34 am

lisa wrote:The red one sounds like fire and the blue one sounds more chilled. :goo:

A bit of phone mic sound from this evening:
[video][/video]
3hands wrote:Love it!

I also love that setup. When people come over, you can be the bar tender and the DJ. I may need to put together a little living room setup for similar things! Great idea!!
Thanks! No room for bartending at the moment though. A 16 channel mixer and my amplifier is hiding behind the bar. I should get a side table. Or a small mixer. :goo:
An exclusive, all Alesis Ion track! The best synth ever made. :guinness:

Kattefjaes
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Kattefjaes » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:27 am

estin wrote:Didn't read the whole thread but any info on the distortion circuit? B should have cloned the Boss metal zone and just threw in with the sale.
A very quick fiddle comparing it to my old DS-1 made me think it's relatively close- again, possibly brighter, but sounded quite DS-1like.

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to record a simple comparison of the same pattern.. what do people normally use for audio here, youtube embeds?

tenembre

Post by tenembre » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:29 pm

Was going to snag one of these, but xox heart euro kits are back in stock at synthcube so i got one of those instead. I need that V/Oct input!

That said, the mod list is pretty interesting - thank you maffetz - and if the v/oct mod is verified I may grab one of these down the line.

paperCUT
Veteran Wiggler

Post by paperCUT » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:18 am

Is there any stock anywhere?

3hands
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by 3hands » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:47 pm

No idea on stock where you are, but here in Ontario Canada, stock should be in stores around the end of January.

My minds an art gallery.

Maffez
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Maffez » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:42 pm

tenembre wrote:Was going to snag one of these, but xox heart euro kits are back in stock at synthcube so i got one of those instead. I need that V/Oct input!

That said, the mod list is pretty interesting - thank you maffetz - and if the v/oct mod is verified I may grab one of these down the line.
welcome :)

btw volt/oct in box is ticked and tested again today (also a accent in that works with 0v=off, voltage=on)

updated mod guide is planned for january

gentle_attack
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by gentle_attack » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:43 pm

Maffez wrote:
tenembre wrote:Was going to snag one of these, but xox heart euro kits are back in stock at synthcube so i got one of those instead. I need that V/Oct input!

btw volt/oct in box is ticked and tested again today (also a accent in that works with 0v=off, voltage=on)

:omg:

(you are talking about these mods on the Behringer box, correct?)
Control Skiff ||Big Case || cv.ocd || TT303v2 || Manther || OP-1 OP-Lab|| Octatrack Digitone RYTM || BX-8 BX-16 || Monologue KP3+

neonmercury1
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Behringer teases 303 clone?

Post by neonmercury1 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:47 pm

so i have been playing with this thing for a week and just to reiterate what the others are saying the sound is just about spot on. have not cracked it open and adjusted the trim pots yet but it already sounds better than my tt303 did. There are two small problems that im having one is with the stop start button, it often does not trigger if i hit the button a certain way. i have t intentionally hit it straight up and down to be 100percent sure it will trigger. as you can see by the teardown photos it looks lie its a small rectangular backing to the square button and it seems when i strike the lower half more it can not be enough to trigger it. secondly and hopefully it will be fixed with a firmware upgrade but when in pattern write mode and playing when you switch to pattern play you need to stop and restart to be able to transpose the sequence which makes it annoying when performing and editing writing on the fly. all this said i could not be happier while not the most feature rich its a hell of a lot of fun to play and tweak especially for 150.

Chopper
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Chopper » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:01 pm

I believe (it was long time ago) that the original 303 sequencer behaves the same way...

neonmercury1
Wiggling with Experience

Post by neonmercury1 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:12 pm

ahhhh i seee well good to know.

dubnspace
Veteran Wiggler

Post by dubnspace » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:41 pm

whoo! now in black. yellow too.

seta666
Wiggling with Experience

Post by seta666 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:13 pm

dubnspace wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:41 pm
whoo! now in black. yellow too.
Nice, cheap red and blue second hand ones comming up soon.. :mrgreen:

computer controlled
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by computer controlled » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:21 am

I've had mine for almost 2 weeks now. Sounds really good. And yes, you do need to be in Play mode to transpose a sequence, this is how the 303 works as well. Also, there IS a bug in the sequencer where any transposed notes you input while editing an already existing pattern will disappear when you switch to a different pattern. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.
Stuff: TR-8S . MX-1 . D-20 . Waldorf MicroQ . Ensoniq ESQ-1 . Ensoniq EPS 16+ . Yamaha MODX6 . DX7 . TX802 . MPC Live . RE-303 . Avalon BassLine . Behringer Neutron . Behringer MS-101 . Behringer Pro-1 . Behringer K-2 . Behringer TD-3 . E-mu EmaxSE . E-mu Emax II . E-mu EMAX II rack . PCM 41 . BeatStep Pro . Keystep .

oscilloscope
Common Wiggler

Post by oscilloscope » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:53 am

neonmercury1 wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:47 pm
so i have been playing with this thing for a week and just to reiterate what the others are saying the sound is just about spot on. have not cracked it open and adjusted the trim pots yet but it already sounds better than my tt303 did.
Thanks for your painstakingly detailed and comprehensive sonic comparison of TD3 vs TT303 ... :hmm:

neonmercury1
Wiggling with Experience

Post by neonmercury1 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:24 am

oscilloscope wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:53 am
neonmercury1 wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:47 pm
so i have been playing with this thing for a week and just to reiterate what the others are saying the sound is just about spot on. have not cracked it open and adjusted the trim pots yet but it already sounds better than my tt303 did.
Thanks for your painstakingly detailed and comprehensive sonic comparison of TD3 vs TT303 ... :hmm:
well im sorry that my post didnt fit your quality standards. i was mainly posting about the buttons and the fact that you need to stop playing between write and play modes if you want to transpose the sequence. if you want a painstaking comparison of machines there is a video posted on page three of this thread.

edit:in case your actually interested in the difference. i found that the filter on mine was a dark muted sounding and the resonance never quite had the chirping highs that i would expect. i have long since sold it so hard to do a direct comparison but here is a side by side someone else did

Maffez
Learning to Wiggle

Re:

Post by Maffez » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:19 pm

gentle_attack wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:43 pm
Maffez wrote:

:omg:

(you are talking about these mods on the Behringer box, correct?)
hey, had overlooked your question in brackets - yup, the teedee - updated and revised modding guide here: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpos ... tcount=291

still contains two mini mistakes, hence the link to post rather than just the pdf, but tested most - also chance discovery of a super easy 0v=accent off, pos/neg voltage = accent on CV input :)

coupla sounds here: https://soundcloud.com/uibkmedan/sets/t ... ifications

Notron fn
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Notron fn » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:01 pm

Sweetwater finally shipped my TD-3
Insert pithy statement here

seta666
Wiggling with Experience

Post by seta666 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:23 pm

In Europe thomann will have black and gold versions in 2-3 weeks

https://www.thomann.de/gb/behringer_td_3_bk.htm

https://m.thomann.de/de/behringer_td_3_am_yellow.htm

Kattefjaes
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Kattefjaes » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:34 pm

Hey, stupid question.. has anyone managed to get the "sync in" to work?

I assume it's a stereo socket like on the Volcas, as the manual makes it look like it does run/stop as well as clock duties. I tried putting the thing into trigger sync 24ppq mode and driving it with a Y-cable (that works with Volcas) from an FH-2, with various versions of clock, run/stop and start trig, stop trig, both trig etc.. I tried swapping signals between tip and sleeve for each config, and nothing.

Has anyone got the TD-3 synced via analogue sync, and if so, what was the setup? Show your working. (10 marks) 8-)

Bath House
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Bath House » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:19 pm

You have to change the sync mode by plugging it into USB and using the configuration software. Don’t ask me how long I messed with this frustrated before figuring this out
Catholic Roland Modular New Age Acid:
www.goodglassrecords.com

3hands
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by 3hands » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:39 pm

Bath House wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:19 pm
You have to change the sync mode by plugging it into USB and using the configuration software. Don’t ask me how long I messed with this frustrated before figuring this out
Same. I was frustrated beyond belief...

What the hell were they thinking? But now it’s all good. You just now have to keep it in sync mode indefinitely.

Not that that’s a bad thing!

My minds an art gallery.

Man-In-A-Suitcase

Post by Man-In-A-Suitcase » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:35 am

Last edited by Man-In-A-Suitcase on Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Gear”