Novation Circuit Mono Station

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

thomachine
Common Wiggler
Posts: 212
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:52 am

Post by thomachine » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:27 pm

Daisy wrote:
chvad wrote:
Daisy wrote:
dubonaire wrote:I'm not as enamored with the sound as some people are but the interface and workflow are incredibly well designed and it is fun to use.
Sound is up to you, it is an analogue synth after all, maybe its your limitations?
ugh. can’t we just assume that a) people’s opinions are valid and b) we all have enough experience to have enough insight to have those opinions? posts like these are needlessly challenging. not all synths (analog or otherwise) sound the same nor have they ever.
Ugh No. I maintain it has to be limitations. You can do so much with the circuit. Well some of us can it seems, others not so much. I think it’s important to offer an alternative view as sometimes a synth can get over looked due to the inability and vocal ability of the user.
So if someone doesnt like a synth you like, that person is lacking ing skills?

I like the Mono Stations posibillities, bit isnt blown away by its sound. It sounds like a typical modern analog synth. Usefull, but nothing special. But i need some more time to get to know it. Im pretty shure i find a place for it in my setup.

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:34 pm

thomachine wrote:
Daisy wrote:
chvad wrote:
Daisy wrote:
dubonaire wrote:I'm not as enamored with the sound as some people are but the interface and workflow are incredibly well designed and it is fun to use.
Sound is up to you, it is an analogue synth after all, maybe its your limitations?
ugh. can’t we just assume that a) people’s opinions are valid and b) we all have enough experience to have enough insight to have those opinions? posts like these are needlessly challenging. not all synths (analog or otherwise) sound the same nor have they ever.
Ugh No. I maintain it has to be limitations. You can do so much with the circuit. Well some of us can it seems, others not so much. I think it’s important to offer an alternative view as sometimes a synth can get over looked due to the inability and vocal ability of the user.
So if someone doesnt like a synth you like, that person is lacking ing skills?

I like the Mono Stations posibillities, bit isnt blown away by its sound. It sounds like a typical modern analog synth. Usefull, but nothing special. But i need some more time to get to know it. Im pretty shure i find a place for it in my setup.
Yes, you can do so much with it, so i stand by what I say. And its normal some have less ability, not a criticism, but its also not fair to let your inability cloud your judgement.

Estes
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:28 am
Location: Switzerland

Post by Estes » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:18 pm

I have to be honest, It's not my favorite synth in terms of sound. But it's a good all arounder. Good interface midi to cv, scales mode on pads, sequencer, can do bass. You can play midi polyphonic with this or use the cvs, it has Audio IN. Allthough it's a small synth the knobs are big. It works for live and doesn't seems to steal a lot of place on your desktop.

A lot of design decisions are made right with this synth.

flashheart
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1642
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:58 am

Post by flashheart » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:38 pm

Daisy wrote:
thomachine wrote:
Daisy wrote:
chvad wrote:
Daisy wrote:
dubonaire wrote:I'm not as enamored with the sound as some people are but the interface and workflow are incredibly well designed and it is fun to use.
Sound is up to you, it is an analogue synth after all, maybe its your limitations?
ugh. can’t we just assume that a) people’s opinions are valid and b) we all have enough experience to have enough insight to have those opinions? posts like these are needlessly challenging. not all synths (analog or otherwise) sound the same nor have they ever.
Ugh No. I maintain it has to be limitations. You can do so much with the circuit. Well some of us can it seems, others not so much. I think it’s important to offer an alternative view as sometimes a synth can get over looked due to the inability and vocal ability of the user.
So if someone doesnt like a synth you like, that person is lacking ing skills?

I like the Mono Stations posibillities, bit isnt blown away by its sound. It sounds like a typical modern analog synth. Usefull, but nothing special. But i need some more time to get to know it. Im pretty shure i find a place for it in my setup.
Yes, you can do so much with it, so i stand by what I say. And its normal some have less ability, not a criticism, but its also not fair to let your inability cloud your judgement.
I just don't like, clearly I'm no good...
I'm not buying a maths though, not my idea of fun...

User avatar
chvad
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 3290
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:23 am
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Contact:

Post by chvad » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:21 pm

Daisy wrote:
thomachine wrote:
Daisy wrote:
chvad wrote:
Daisy wrote:
dubonaire wrote:I'm not as enamored with the sound as some people are but the interface and workflow are incredibly well designed and it is fun to use.
Sound is up to you, it is an analogue synth after all, maybe its your limitations?
ugh. can’t we just assume that a) people’s opinions are valid and b) we all have enough experience to have enough insight to have those opinions? posts like these are needlessly challenging. not all synths (analog or otherwise) sound the same nor have they ever.
Ugh No. I maintain it has to be limitations. You can do so much with the circuit. Well some of us can it seems, others not so much. I think it’s important to offer an alternative view as sometimes a synth can get over looked due to the inability and vocal ability of the user.
So if someone doesnt like a synth you like, that person is lacking ing skills?

I like the Mono Stations posibillities, bit isnt blown away by its sound. It sounds like a typical modern analog synth. Usefull, but nothing special. But i need some more time to get to know it. Im pretty shure i find a place for it in my setup.
Yes, you can do so much with it, so i stand by what I say. And its normal some have less ability, not a criticism, but its also not fair to let your inability cloud your judgement.
Stand by what you say all day long... the idea that not liking the tone of something is directly attached to ability is just silly and condescending. Hell.. I like my Circuit... you know what sounds better? The Vermona 14 sitting right next to it. No amount of skill is going to change that. Doesn't mean I'm not digging the different interface or design aspects of the Circuit. Novation is almost always ace.

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:34 am

flashheart wrote:
Daisy wrote:
thomachine wrote:
Daisy wrote:
chvad wrote:
Daisy wrote:
dubonaire wrote:I'm not as enamored with the sound as some people are but the interface and workflow are incredibly well designed and it is fun to use.
Sound is up to you, it is an analogue synth after all, maybe its your limitations?
ugh. can’t we just assume that a) people’s opinions are valid and b) we all have enough experience to have enough insight to have those opinions? posts like these are needlessly challenging. not all synths (analog or otherwise) sound the same nor have they ever.
Ugh No. I maintain it has to be limitations. You can do so much with the circuit. Well some of us can it seems, others not so much. I think it’s important to offer an alternative view as sometimes a synth can get over looked due to the inability and vocal ability of the user.
So if someone doesnt like a synth you like, that person is lacking ing skills?

I like the Mono Stations posibillities, bit isnt blown away by its sound. It sounds like a typical modern analog synth. Usefull, but nothing special. But i need some more time to get to know it. Im pretty shure i find a place for it in my setup.
Yes, you can do so much with it, so i stand by what I say. And its normal some have less ability, not a criticism, but its also not fair to let your inability cloud your judgement.
I just don't like, clearly I'm no good...
Yep clearly

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:37 am

chvad wrote:
Daisy wrote:
thomachine wrote:
Daisy wrote:
chvad wrote:
Daisy wrote:
dubonaire wrote:I'm not as enamored with the sound as some people are but the interface and workflow are incredibly well designed and it is fun to use.
Sound is up to you, it is an analogue synth after all, maybe its your limitations?
ugh. can’t we just assume that a) people’s opinions are valid and b) we all have enough experience to have enough insight to have those opinions? posts like these are needlessly challenging. not all synths (analog or otherwise) sound the same nor have they ever.
Ugh No. I maintain it has to be limitations. You can do so much with the circuit. Well some of us can it seems, others not so much. I think it’s important to offer an alternative view as sometimes a synth can get over looked due to the inability and vocal ability of the user.
So if someone doesnt like a synth you like, that person is lacking ing skills?

I like the Mono Stations posibillities, bit isnt blown away by its sound. It sounds like a typical modern analog synth. Usefull, but nothing special. But i need some more time to get to know it. Im pretty shure i find a place for it in my setup.
Yes, you can do so much with it, so i stand by what I say. And its normal some have less ability, not a criticism, but its also not fair to let your inability cloud your judgement.
Stand by what you say all day long... the idea that not liking the tone of something is directly attached to ability is just silly and condescending. Hell.. I like my Circuit... you know what sounds better? The Vermona 14 sitting right next to it. No amount of skill is going to change that. Doesn't mean I'm not digging the different interface or design aspects of the Circuit. Novation is almost always ace.
It's not condescending at all, its raw synthesis, with endless modulation options, the tone is how you shape it, in fact the possibilities are really unique given you can use so many sources of modulation, so it's not condescending its just simple fact if you can't make it sound good its down to your limitations! Its ok though that's pretty normal.

User avatar
chvad
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 3290
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:23 am
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Contact:

Post by chvad » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:47 am

Daisy wrote:
chvad wrote:
Daisy wrote:
thomachine wrote:
Daisy wrote:
chvad wrote:
Daisy wrote:
dubonaire wrote:I'm not as enamored with the sound as some people are but the interface and workflow are incredibly well designed and it is fun to use.
Sound is up to you, it is an analogue synth after all, maybe its your limitations?
ugh. can’t we just assume that a) people’s opinions are valid and b) we all have enough experience to have enough insight to have those opinions? posts like these are needlessly challenging. not all synths (analog or otherwise) sound the same nor have they ever.
Ugh No. I maintain it has to be limitations. You can do so much with the circuit. Well some of us can it seems, others not so much. I think it’s important to offer an alternative view as sometimes a synth can get over looked due to the inability and vocal ability of the user.
So if someone doesnt like a synth you like, that person is lacking ing skills?

I like the Mono Stations posibillities, bit isnt blown away by its sound. It sounds like a typical modern analog synth. Usefull, but nothing special. But i need some more time to get to know it. Im pretty shure i find a place for it in my setup.
Yes, you can do so much with it, so i stand by what I say. And its normal some have less ability, not a criticism, but its also not fair to let your inability cloud your judgement.
Stand by what you say all day long... the idea that not liking the tone of something is directly attached to ability is just silly and condescending. Hell.. I like my Circuit... you know what sounds better? The Vermona 14 sitting right next to it. No amount of skill is going to change that. Doesn't mean I'm not digging the different interface or design aspects of the Circuit. Novation is almost always ace.
It's not condescending at all, its raw synthesis, with endless modulation options, the tone is how you shape it, in fact the possibilities are really unique given you can use so many sources of modulation, so it's not condescending its just simple fact if you can't make it sound good its down to your limitations! Its ok though that's pretty normal.
Ok I got it. Yer the new Panason.

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:50 am

chvad wrote:
Daisy wrote:
chvad wrote:
Daisy wrote:
thomachine wrote:
Daisy wrote:
chvad wrote:
Daisy wrote:
dubonaire wrote:I'm not as enamored with the sound as some people are but the interface and workflow are incredibly well designed and it is fun to use.
Sound is up to you, it is an analogue synth after all, maybe its your limitations?
ugh. can’t we just assume that a) people’s opinions are valid and b) we all have enough experience to have enough insight to have those opinions? posts like these are needlessly challenging. not all synths (analog or otherwise) sound the same nor have they ever.
Ugh No. I maintain it has to be limitations. You can do so much with the circuit. Well some of us can it seems, others not so much. I think it’s important to offer an alternative view as sometimes a synth can get over looked due to the inability and vocal ability of the user.
So if someone doesnt like a synth you like, that person is lacking ing skills?

I like the Mono Stations posibillities, bit isnt blown away by its sound. It sounds like a typical modern analog synth. Usefull, but nothing special. But i need some more time to get to know it. Im pretty shure i find a place for it in my setup.
Yes, you can do so much with it, so i stand by what I say. And its normal some have less ability, not a criticism, but its also not fair to let your inability cloud your judgement.
Stand by what you say all day long... the idea that not liking the tone of something is directly attached to ability is just silly and condescending. Hell.. I like my Circuit... you know what sounds better? The Vermona 14 sitting right next to it. No amount of skill is going to change that. Doesn't mean I'm not digging the different interface or design aspects of the Circuit. Novation is almost always ace.
It's not condescending at all, its raw synthesis, with endless modulation options, the tone is how you shape it, in fact the possibilities are really unique given you can use so many sources of modulation, so it's not condescending its just simple fact if you can't make it sound good its down to your limitations! Its ok though that's pretty normal.
Ok I got it. Yer the new Panason.
Well firstly Panson is unique and incomparable

Secondly I've stated fact if you are given a raw synth with endless modulation options and can't make to sound good then you need to question yourself not the synth.

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:54 am

Daisy wrote:
chvad wrote:
Daisy wrote:
chvad wrote:
Daisy wrote:
thomachine wrote:
Daisy wrote:
chvad wrote:
Daisy wrote:
dubonaire wrote:I'm not as enamored with the sound as some people are but the interface and workflow are incredibly well designed and it is fun to use.
Sound is up to you, it is an analogue synth after all, maybe its your limitations?
ugh. can’t we just assume that a) people’s opinions are valid and b) we all have enough experience to have enough insight to have those opinions? posts like these are needlessly challenging. not all synths (analog or otherwise) sound the same nor have they ever.
Ugh No. I maintain it has to be limitations. You can do so much with the circuit. Well some of us can it seems, others not so much. I think it’s important to offer an alternative view as sometimes a synth can get over looked due to the inability and vocal ability of the user.
So if someone doesnt like a synth you like, that person is lacking ing skills?

I like the Mono Stations posibillities, bit isnt blown away by its sound. It sounds like a typical modern analog synth. Usefull, but nothing special. But i need some more time to get to know it. Im pretty shure i find a place for it in my setup.
Yes, you can do so much with it, so i stand by what I say. And its normal some have less ability, not a criticism, but its also not fair to let your inability cloud your judgement.
Stand by what you say all day long... the idea that not liking the tone of something is directly attached to ability is just silly and condescending. Hell.. I like my Circuit... you know what sounds better? The Vermona 14 sitting right next to it. No amount of skill is going to change that. Doesn't mean I'm not digging the different interface or design aspects of the Circuit. Novation is almost always ace.
It's not condescending at all, its raw synthesis, with endless modulation options, the tone is how you shape it, in fact the possibilities are really unique given you can use so many sources of modulation, so it's not condescending its just simple fact if you can't make it sound good its down to your limitations! Its ok though that's pretty normal.
Ok I got it. Yer the new Panason.
Well firstly Panson is unique and incomparable

Secondly I've stated fact if you are given a raw synth with endless modulation options and can't make to sound good then you need to question yourself not the synth.
This is not condecending its simply fact, go to a synth show, spend some time on a stand, watch people tweak and look confused, if you help are you condescending? If you have experience of using something hear complaints and know that they are wrong are you condescending? Or have you put in the work and effort to learn it and then can comment knowing you have a valid point?

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:57 am

Daisy wrote:
Daisy wrote:
chvad wrote:
Daisy wrote:
chvad wrote:
Daisy wrote:
thomachine wrote:
Daisy wrote:
chvad wrote:
Daisy wrote:
dubonaire wrote:I'm not as enamored with the sound as some people are but the interface and workflow are incredibly well designed and it is fun to use.
Sound is up to you, it is an analogue synth after all, maybe its your limitations?
ugh. can’t we just assume that a) people’s opinions are valid and b) we all have enough experience to have enough insight to have those opinions? posts like these are needlessly challenging. not all synths (analog or otherwise) sound the same nor have they ever.
Ugh No. I maintain it has to be limitations. You can do so much with the circuit. Well some of us can it seems, others not so much. I think it’s important to offer an alternative view as sometimes a synth can get over looked due to the inability and vocal ability of the user.
So if someone doesnt like a synth you like, that person is lacking ing skills?

I like the Mono Stations posibillities, bit isnt blown away by its sound. It sounds like a typical modern analog synth. Usefull, but nothing special. But i need some more time to get to know it. Im pretty shure i find a place for it in my setup.
Yes, you can do so much with it, so i stand by what I say. And its normal some have less ability, not a criticism, but its also not fair to let your inability cloud your judgement.
Stand by what you say all day long... the idea that not liking the tone of something is directly attached to ability is just silly and condescending. Hell.. I like my Circuit... you know what sounds better? The Vermona 14 sitting right next to it. No amount of skill is going to change that. Doesn't mean I'm not digging the different interface or design aspects of the Circuit. Novation is almost always ace.
It's not condescending at all, its raw synthesis, with endless modulation options, the tone is how you shape it, in fact the possibilities are really unique given you can use so many sources of modulation, so it's not condescending its just simple fact if you can't make it sound good its down to your limitations! Its ok though that's pretty normal.
Ok I got it. Yer the new Panason.
Well firstly Panson is unique and incomparable

Secondly I've stated fact if you are given a raw synth with endless modulation options and can't make to sound good then you need to question yourself not the synth.
This is not condecending its simply fact, go to a synth show, spend some time on a stand, watch people tweak and look confused, if you help are you condescending? If you have experience of using something hear complaints and know that they are wrong are you condescending? Or have you put in the work and effort to learn it and then can comment knowing you have a valid point?
I can guarantee you most people who comment negatively about the mono station are clueless and trash other threads with their lack of knowledge.

Ha ha why I am I even arguing this, put up or shutup, show what you can do with a synth you click with, show what you can do with the mono station and point out the weak areas?

Show and tell!!! No video no audio, your point is trash!

Post a video of what you think are short comings of the mono station and I'll post a video in reply, no point in exchanging words :despair: Show and tell!

User avatar
Noodle Twister
Common Wiggler
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:22 pm
Location: UK

Post by Noodle Twister » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:13 pm

dubonaire wrote:I'm not as enamored with the sound as some people are but the interface and workflow are incredibly well designed and it is fun to use.
Doesn't read like an overly negative comment to me. More of a personal observation and opinion.

Opinion's are great and all but grasping them tightly may cause problems.

User avatar
DiscoDevil
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1606
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:44 pm
Location: St Paul, MN
Contact:

Post by DiscoDevil » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:31 am

Daisy wrote: I can guarantee you most people who comment negatively about the mono station are clueless and trash other threads with their lack of knowledge.

Ha ha why I am I even arguing this, put up or shutup, show what you can do with a synth you click with, show what you can do with the mono station and point out the weak areas?

Show and tell!!! No video no audio, your point is trash!

Post a video of what you think are short comings of the mono station and I'll post a video in reply, no point in exchanging words :despair: Show and tell!
Haha. Still calling people out? The Circuit MS is cool and sounds good but in the cheap, mass marketed noise maker way. The Minilogue sounds better to my ears as do the Dreadbox synths, the Toraiz AS-1 and several other fairly inexpensive, modern analog synths. I assure you that my chops in the studio are satisfactory even if I think the Mono Station's raw tone is a bit weak in comparison to other similarly priced machines. What it lacks in raw tone, it makes up for in fairly flexible modulation capabilities.

User avatar
Vast_Halo
Common Wiggler
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:19 am

Post by Vast_Halo » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:50 pm

I've been seeing people rep for the sound quality of the Bass Station II ever since it came out. This box features (most of) its synthesis engine, so I'm puzzled by the lack of enthusiasm on display here.
I picked one up during the half-price sale, because how could you not? (And kudos to the OP for bringing it to our attention!) I've not had time to put it through its paces yet, but my initial experiments have been encouraging.

User avatar
DiscoDevil
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1606
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:44 pm
Location: St Paul, MN
Contact:

Post by DiscoDevil » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:26 am

Vast_Halo wrote:I've been seeing people rep for the sound quality of the Bass Station II ever since it came out. This box features (most of) its synthesis engine, so I'm puzzled by the lack of enthusiasm on display here.
I picked one up during the half-price sale, because how could you not? (And kudos to the OP for bringing it to our attention!) I've not had time to put it through its paces yet, but my initial experiments have been encouraging.
It's not like it sounds bad, it just lacks the sonic character of most of the other machines in my studio. It makes up for it in modulation and sequencing possibilities.

User avatar
fac
wig MUffler
Posts: 3561
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:33 am
Location: Mexico

Re: Novation Circuit Mono Station

Post by fac » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:41 pm

Seems that the discount is back on. Might be of interest to those who missed it the first time.

https://store.focusrite.com/en-gb/categ ... -year-sale

RhodanV5500
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:51 am

Re: Novation Circuit Mono Station

Post by RhodanV5500 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:54 am

I know this might be a weird comparison, but how does the Mono Station hold up when compared to a DFAM as a Groovebox?
Any opinions / Real World experiences?

I know DFAM, but wrote off the Mono Station until I saw Loopops Review by coincidence.

(If its off-topic feel free to move the post ;) )

seta666
Common Wiggler
Posts: 192
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:15 am

Re: Novation Circuit Mono Station

Post by seta666 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:48 am

I own both and the do compliment each other well, but the endless modulation possibilities with dfam make it a completely ( much more powerful) different beast.
Using monostation to sequence dfam is great fun though

User avatar
anselmi
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 3994
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:08 pm

Re: Novation Circuit Mono Station

Post by anselmi » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:26 am

I ordered it in December (the 50% off sale) and finally I got it in my studio
First impression was very good! it´s more sturdy than I thought...and heavier too
Knobs also feels great, with the right amount of resistance and no woobling at all...pads are OK, just as I expected, nothing fancy, plain Novation Launchpad silicone pads

The sound is close to what I remember of the Bass Station 2, but not the same...I like this a bit more than the BS2...for some reason I think it sounds a bit more defined and clean, while the BS2 sounds a bit more muddy in the bass register

The clean waves sounds...well, clean...and bright but with no lack of bass end...of course it´s not Moog size of Bass but something close to Roland

The filter is really nice and the (pre-filter) saturation stage adds a lot to the sound

Surprise: osc sync is here, and it´s not hard to activate
Surprise 2: matrix modulation is very well implemented and easy to operate, with pitch and PWM targets on individual oscillators!
Surprise 3: you can disconnect the envelope from the VCA and then itñs operated with the gate signal, like in the SH-101! great because you can dedicate the EG for other purposes and have a sustained VCA "behavior" too

Ring Mod sounds good, white noise is just white noise (and brigther than in my Moogs)

The final distortion (s...3 of them) sounds good too...I can hear the effect of type II easily, but is hard to distinguish between I and III

The sequencer is really nice, with a lot of stuff to play with...also it lacks sone important features like the possibility of shift the sequencer left or right, or some kind of probability/roll that alter the monotony of the 18-step patterns

The best part is the patch flip capabilities...this is an ACE feature and it´s implemented really well, letting you to literally play the preset patches using the pads and recording the changes in the sequencer in real time

I made some really complex sequences this way that could take hours to days to be accomplished with automation

It have a lot of other features (important ones) but it would take to long to talk about them...just say that I´m pretty impressed by the whole package...it´s a very straightforward instrument with loads of features and at the sale price it would be too bad to not get it

Very underrated product, like the Pioneer AS-1

User avatar
dubonaire
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 6296
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:45 pm

Re: Novation Circuit Mono Station

Post by dubonaire » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:56 am

I rarely share my sketches but this is a sketch using a Circuit preset.


User avatar
DiscoDevil
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1606
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:44 pm
Location: St Paul, MN
Contact:

Re: Novation Circuit Mono Station

Post by DiscoDevil » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:01 am

dubonaire wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:56 am
I rarely share my sketches but this is a sketch using a Circuit preset.


Very much dig. Nice work.

User avatar
onthebandwagon
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1431
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:53 am
Location: jersey

Re: Novation Circuit Mono Station

Post by onthebandwagon » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:36 pm

I’m a bit confused, how tricky is it to sequence on of the internal engines and a piece of external gear at the same time?
“no matter how fine you grind the dead meat, you’ll not bring it to life again“

User avatar
rurs
Common Wiggler
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:33 pm

Re: Novation Circuit Mono Station

Post by rurs » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:10 pm

Very straightforward. You have 3 sequencer tracks, and you can choose which one is sent via the CV/gate interface. I normally use the mod track for this, sending to eurorack. The oscillator tracks also send midi, on separate channels, so you can harness this also.

seta666
Common Wiggler
Posts: 192
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:15 am

Re: Novation Circuit Mono Station

Post by seta666 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:06 am

I also have used osc1 sequencer for internal sounds ( without osc2/ring mod), osc 2 sequencer to 0-coast via midi and mod sequencer to DFAM via cv. There is a bug ( already informed) were portamento is not sent via midi, otherwise I would use OSC1 to 0-coast with slides

User avatar
anselmi
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 3994
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:08 pm

Re: Novation Circuit Mono Station

Post by anselmi » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:45 am

seta666 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:06 am
There is a bug ( already informed) were portamento is not sent via midi, otherwise I would use OSC1 to 0-coast with slides
how portamente could be sent via MIDI anyway? portamente is a synth feature and MIDI can´t handle it :despair:

all you can do is mimic (partially) with pitch bend messages or use portamento time standard CC, but if your synth doesn´t have portamente this last means nothing

but you can make portamente with CV instead

Post Reply

Return to “General Gear”