behringer teases...4-note poly Model-D???

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

anselmi
Super Deluxe Wiggler

behringer teases...4-note poly Model-D???

Post by anselmi » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:48 pm

flashheart
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by flashheart » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:19 pm

No they don't. They've teased something that could be poly. No indication that it's a 4 voice Model D.
I'm not buying a maths though, not my idea of fun...

Illiac
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Illiac » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:35 pm

Seems pretty obvious to me.

Sir Ruff
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Sir Ruff » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:52 pm

It’s going to be a 4-voice moog with 3 different filter slopes, and a single set of controls a la Jupiter-4. Midi CC over all front panel controls, and also ability to swap filter cards. Priced at $599. Will also have ability to stack two a la OB 8-voice, or even 3 or 4.

tenembre

Post by tenembre » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:13 pm

flashheart wrote:No they don't. They've teased something that could be poly. No indication that it's a 4 voice Model D.
Same D logo as on the front of the Model D.

Funch

Post by Funch » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:15 pm

It also has stereo analog delay, an arpeggiator and sequencer. all in all very similar to a mood matriarch without the keyboard, except it sounds a bit thinner than the moog.

anselmi
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by anselmi » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:03 am

flashheart wrote:No they don't. They've teased something that could be poly. No indication that it's a 4 voice Model D.
hahaha, really?

Sir Ruff
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Sir Ruff » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:13 am

Funch wrote:It also has stereo analog delay, an arpeggiator and sequencer. all in all very similar to a mood matriarch without the keyboard, except it sounds a bit thinner than the moog.
The arp and sequencer aren’t fully functional right now but should be a simple firmware fix. Also some reports of only one side of analog delay working—people may have to send that board back.

Illiac
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Illiac » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:20 am

@Sir Ruff - you seem to have the inside scoop. Are there beta units floating around? I’m part of the dev team for a 4 voice based on the Model D. Any further info would be appreciated.

Funch

Post by Funch » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:37 am

Illiac wrote:@Sir Ruff - you seem to have the inside scoop. Are there beta units floating around? I’m part of the dev team for a 4 voice based on the Model D. Any further info would be appreciated.
if you watch the teaser video again, all the clues are there. It helps to play it backwards. The backward soundtrack clearly states that the walrus was Uri.

dubnspace
Veteran Wiggler

Post by dubnspace » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:18 pm

Wait is this info true or not, can’t tell lol..

Funch

Post by Funch » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:05 pm

dubnspace wrote:Wait is this info true or not, can’t tell lol..
it been alleged as sir ruff has stated, the arpeggiator and sequencer are in need of a firmware update. The envelopes are not retriggering on faster notes.

And he is allegedly correct, the delay boards need to be replaced because of a delay by the board prototype design team.

Also, the jacks wobble so much that the testers are reporting symptoms close to sickness as the try to plug in patch cables.

If you hear of any other problems please post them here, Uri needs the publicity. :mrgreen:

Sir Ruff
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Sir Ruff » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:31 pm

Funch wrote:
Illiac wrote:@Sir Ruff - you seem to have the inside scoop. Are there beta units floating around? I’m part of the dev team for a 4 voice based on the Model D. Any further info would be appreciated.
if you watch the teaser video again, all the clues are there. It helps to play it backwards. The backward soundtrack clearly states that the walrus was Uri.
Yes.. Also, I've heard some reports that big box stores--Walmart, Home Depot--won't be carrying this because of the less than subtle theoretical physics overtones (4 x D = 4-D = 4th dimension) and the risk of offending customers. Smaller distributors are getting nervous. This may end up being a direct order from China.

anselmi
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by anselmi » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:37 pm

Funch wrote:The backward soundtrack clearly states that the walrus was Uri.
didn´t you saw the model-D filter board? it says "Uli is dead" under a certain transistor of the ladder circuit

of course the man you know as him is actually a...

...you know what :hihi:

nectarios
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by nectarios » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:14 am

[video][/video]

4 note D then

Flounderguts
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Flounderguts » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:22 am

Yup. Nice piece of kit. Not on the Behringer site yet, so no idea on how many dineros it will remove from yr wallet.

blinosynth
Veteran Wiggler

Post by blinosynth » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:23 am

Omfg :hyper:
And now a pro 1 poly :twisted:

Monofunk
Common Wiggler

Post by Monofunk » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:37 am

New Behringer synth every couple of days. What's next?

everydaycurry
Learning to Wiggle

Post by everydaycurry » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:02 am

If it's Odyssey price, take my money just for bigger knobs and a keyboard.

bradpickapiper
Common Wiggler

Post by bradpickapiper » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:18 am

this is starting to get hilarious!

ugokcen
Veteran Wiggler

Post by ugokcen » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:47 am

I’m guessing under $500. The original Minilogue was $500 when it first came out and that was “true” polyphony.

It sounds good, the quality is probably ok, but the design feels a bit rushed. The sequencer could have had the 16 steps laid out, there’s plenty of space there. The arp could have used some knobs for real-time manipulation of patterns and octaves. DS-1 on a moog oscillator is overkill, they should have gone for a subtle saturation circuit like the CP3 mixer. Perhaps the biggest missed opportunity is a stereo filter, like the one on the Voyager or the Matriarch.

I like what behringer are doing, bringing back the classics, but I wished they didn’t feel like they have to release a new product every month.

ludotex
Wiggling with Experience

Post by ludotex » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:40 am

ugokcen wrote:I’m guessing under $500. The original Minilogue was $500 when it first came out and that was “true” polyphony.

It sounds good, the quality is probably ok, but the design feels a bit rushed. The sequencer could have had the 16 steps laid out, there’s plenty of space there. The arp could have used some knobs for real-time manipulation of patterns and octaves. DS-1 on a moog oscillator is overkill, they should have gone for a subtle saturation circuit like the CP3 mixer. Perhaps the biggest missed opportunity is a stereo filter, like the one on the Voyager or the Matriarch.

I like what behringer are doing, bringing back the classics, but I wished they didn’t feel like they have to release a new product every month.
100% agree.
The POLY title is misleading as it is paraphonic.
And what a missed opportunity with the sequencer. They kept that mother32 copy from the crave. I mean if Moog were doing a sequencer now they would probably have learned from their mistake and made a more pratical one.
Sounds and look decent though. It's cool that went with the big fat knobs too.
---
Latest patchings and experiments: https://www.youtube.com/user/plutotex/videos

Chopper
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Chopper » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:28 am

blinosynth wrote:Omfg :hyper:
And now a pro 1 poly :twisted:
that was the prophet 5. although different on many levels...

Xmit
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Xmit » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:52 am

The POLY title is misleading as it is paraphonic.
yeah - & can't believe they therefore missed out on the option of naming it the PARA-D .... though maybe that would've been a piss-take too far even for Uli. :hihi:

tehyar
I dream in SciFi

Post by tehyar » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:58 am

The polyphonic is a lie! :sadbanana:
Last edited by tehyar on Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Gear”