Sequential Pro 3

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

GuyaGuy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Sequential Pro 3

Post by GuyaGuy » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:05 pm

I made a follow up video on how to make analog wavetables with the 2 VCOs of the Pro 3!

Richard deHove
Common Wiggler

Post by Richard deHove » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:46 am

If I didn't already have my Sub37 then this would be the synth for me. Watching the videos it feels to me that the Pro3 is a lot like a turbo-charged Sub37 with lots of extras in all the right places. Just having a sequencer that's usable and friendly would be nice. For a moment I even considered trading-in but I don't think I can leave the big fat bottom end and growly filter goodness of the 37.

GuyaGuy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by GuyaGuy » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:01 am

Richard deHove wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:46 am
If I didn't already have my Sub37 then this would be the synth for me. Watching the videos it feels to me that the Pro3 is a lot like a turbo-charged Sub37 with lots of extras in all the right places. Just having a sequencer that's usable and friendly would be nice. For a moment I even considered trading-in but I don't think I can leave the big fat bottom end and growly filter goodness of the 37.
Yeah this is the sequencer I wanted on the Subsequent 37. The Moog’s note sequencer is straightforward but the sequencer modulation is limited and not straightforward at all.

The Pro 3 has plenty of bottom end, especially with the ladder’s bass compensation, but the growl is definitely unique on the Sub and Subsequent 37.

Voltcontrol
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Voltcontrol » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:04 am

GuyaGuy wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:05 pm
I made a follow up video on how to make analog wavetables with the 2 VCOs of the Pro 3!

Absolutely love the topic of this video and way you present it (text over audio), perfect! Learnt a trick or two as well + got some ideas for my music, much appreciated.

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:18 am

I really want one of these but I know when I get it I'll realise I could do more with less. And that's not dissing it because I've owned a few high end synths but get more pleasure from pushing less expensive synths. The AS Leipzig sounds better than the Pro 1, the Nyborg 24 whilst having less modulation options and minus the sequencer etc sounds better, the AS Telemark sounds better, not being a fan boy or calling out other synths I've owned but there really is better for less.

Divinital_
Common Wiggler

Post by Divinital_ » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:15 am

Daisy wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:18 am
I really want one of these but I know when I get it I'll realise I could do more with less. And that's not dissing it because I've owned a few high end synths but get more pleasure from pushing less expensive synths. The AS Leipzig sounds better than the Pro 1, the Nyborg 24 whilst having less modulation options and minus the sequencer etc sounds better, the AS Telemark sounds better, not being a fan boy or calling out other synths I've owned but there really is better for less.
Such as?

And better how? Better sound? Better functionality? Better interface? Form factor? I for one prefer this total package. I am paying a premium for it being a monster mono being made in the U.S. I only have one synth right now. I don't want to own 100 average powered synths that together might be able to "do more" than this or be "better". I just want a single unit I can keep for 50 years and know like the back of my hand.

GuyaGuy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by GuyaGuy » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:20 am

Voltcontrol wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:04 am

Absolutely love the topic of this video and way you present it (text over audio), perfect! Learnt a trick or two as well + got some ideas for my music, much appreciated.
Thanks! Glad it was helpful!

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:24 am

Divinital_ wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:15 am
Daisy wrote:
Such as?

And better how? Better sound? Better functionality? Better interface? Form factor? I for one prefer this total package. I am paying a premium for it being a monster mono being made in the U.S. I only have one synth right now. I don't want to own 100 average powered synths that together might be able to "do more" than this or be "better". I just want a single unit I can keep for 50 years and know like the back of my hand.
Divinital you're seriously confused. And to be honest you're not really paying a premium its a cheap synth, if we're doing one up stuff I have a 16 Voice Moog One, a Sequential Prophet Xl and a Quantum, so I don't want to own average 1300 dollar synths, I just want to advise folk like you who do one up shit, and you did, despite being trumped, don't diss the Behringer stuff, or think your few pound more (hah ha !) makes you better.

Voltcontrol
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Voltcontrol » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:16 pm

Daisy I get your point (get more result from a simpler instrument) but you're trolling today mate. Are you doing ok?

Divinital_
Common Wiggler

Post by Divinital_ » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:32 pm

Daisy wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:24 am
Divinital_ wrote:
Daisy wrote:
Such as?

Divinital you're seriously confused. And to be honest you're not really paying a premium its a cheap synth, if we're doing one up stuff I have a 16 Voice Moog One, a Sequential Prophet Xl and a Quantum, so I don't want to own average 1300 dollar synths, I just want to advise folk like you who do one up shit, and you did, despite being trumped, don't diss the Behringer stuff, or think your few pound more (hah ha !) makes you better.
When did I mention Behringer? And yet I’m the confused one? What do any of those poly synths you mentioned have to do with a 3 filter analog mono/para sporting a 16 track sequencer that blows all the others’ sequencers away? I’ve played and owned a Quantum and returned it due to the proprietary touch screen having issues.

Yikes.

I’d love to listen to some of your music though, I’m sure it’s awesome with those synths. You’re the only one one-upping anyone here and you win for sure. You’re a winner.

Voltcontrol
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Voltcontrol » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:03 pm

Divinital_ wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:32 pm
Daisy wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:24 am
Divinital_ wrote:
Daisy wrote:
Such as?

When did I mention Behringer? And yet I’m the confused one? What do any of those poly synths you mentioned have to do with a 3 filter analog mono/para sporting a 16 track sequencer that blows all the others’ sequencers away? I’ve played and owned a Quantum and returned it due to the proprietary touch screen having issues.

Yikes.

I’d love to listen to some of your music though, I’m sure it’s awesome with those synths. You’re the only one one-upping anyone here and you win for sure. You’re a winner.
Daisy has been banned from this forum (not stated explicitly, users who have no status added to their avatar in posts are either banned or removed).

anselmi
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by anselmi » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:08 pm

Voltcontrol wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:03 pm
Daisy has been banned from this forum (not stated explicitly, users who have no status added to their avatar in posts are either banned or removed).
:foul:

what is "status"? :despair:

Voltcontrol
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Voltcontrol » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:12 pm

anselmi wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:08 pm
Voltcontrol wrote:

For lack of better description perhaps, I meant "Super Deluxe Wiggler" or "Common Wiggler", you know, that status that is displayed right below your username in every forum post.

Just wanted to let Divinital know that the response is to someone who is not amongst us anymore.

Oh and why the red card?

Divinital_
Common Wiggler

Post by Divinital_ » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:16 pm

Voltcontrol wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:12 pm
anselmi wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:08 pm
Voltcontrol wrote:

For lack of better description perhaps, I meant "Super Deluxe Wiggler" or "Common Wiggler", you know, that status that is displayed right below your username in every forum post.

Just wanted to let Divinital know that the response is to someone who is not amongst us anymore.

Oh and why the red card?
Thanks for letting me know, I had no idea. I just rejoined after leaving due to things like that (plus wasting time). I mainly came back due to snatching a Korg ARP 2600 preorder and wanted a forum to discuss everything about it on.

At least it’s taken care of it seems, I can spot the ghosts among us.

anselmi
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by anselmi » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:00 pm

Voltcontrol wrote:

didn´t know that you can hide it
Voltcontrol wrote:
Oh and why the red card?
not for you, I just put it because of the ban...and I wanted to use it!

Voltcontrol
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Voltcontrol » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:07 pm

anselmi wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:00 pm
Voltcontrol wrote:

didn´t know that you can hide it
Voltcontrol wrote:
Oh and why the red card?
not for you, I just put it because of the ban...and I wanted to use it!
It apparently gets removed when someone is banned or remived. :despair:

:party: :foul: :party:

h4ndcrafted
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by h4ndcrafted » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:42 am

Mine comes on Monday hopefully.

Can you sequence the Osc footing ?
We don't want to conquer space at all. We want to expand Earth endlessly. We don't want other worlds; we want a mirror.

GuyaGuy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by GuyaGuy » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:31 am

h4ndcrafted wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:42 am
Mine comes on Monday hopefully.

Can you sequence the Osc footing ?
Yup

tehyar
I dream in SciFi

Post by tehyar » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:59 am

Got my se today! Damn this thing is sexy. They really leveled up the ui. And that tilt face. This and the matrixbrute make a nice pair - also for sound and sequencing. Now I just need a tilt face poly to go with... Schmidt here I come! :party: ;) :razz:

GuyaGuy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by GuyaGuy » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:04 pm

tehyar wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:59 am
Got my se today! Damn this thing is sexy. They really leveled up the ui. And that tilt face. This and the matrixbrute make a nice pair - also for sound and sequencing. Now I just need a tilt face poly to go with... Schmidt here I come! :party: ;) :razz:
Yeah this is the best designed Sequential unit I’ve played. The only thing that bugs me is that the FX knobs should have been placed left to right like on the screen. But the sequencer UI is fantastic.

h4ndcrafted
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by h4ndcrafted » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:31 am

Well I only got mine yesterday :sb:

I sold my OB-6 to buy it , but It is pretty much everything I’ve ever wanted in a mono.
So much potential , I found the lack of modulation frustrating on the Ob-6, although it is capable of a huge variety of sounds, maybe that’s the nature of polys though.

Sounds great , going to be crazy as a rhythm machine. Also has a comprehensive global menu.
C7AAF2F5-D0C1-4B34-A55C-591311FCD997.jpeg
Only thing I’m not too sure on is the Moog filter at the moment.

So far it’s everything I liked about the ob-6 , but way more. Solid build , loads of presence in a mix. Has all the useful stuff you expect from Moog , relative encoder option etc.
Totally great as a studio or performance synth.

This and my Nord drum 3 , I feel like I don’t need any other instruments.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
We don't want to conquer space at all. We want to expand Earth endlessly. We don't want other worlds; we want a mirror.

Buttons ARE toys
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Buttons ARE toys » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:10 pm

GuyaGuy wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:05 pm

I do something similar with my Pro 2, but using one oscillator to crossfade between two others. It produces all sorts of crazy combowaves. Adjusting the width or shape of the modulation oscillator causes the whole thing to morph. I bet you could do some awesome stuff using the wavetable osc on the Pro 3 to crossfade the analog ones.
Astronomical Dusk - a web radio show of synthetic delights and collected oddities. Airs monthly at astronomical dusk.

Divinital_
Common Wiggler

Post by Divinital_ » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:15 pm

Has anyone receive theirs from Sweetwater recently? I don't expect to get mine for a while.

GuyaGuy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by GuyaGuy » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:58 pm

I made a quick video showing using the ladder filter for bass, filter drive, ext audio as feedback, and making snappy envelopes.

softroom
Common Wiggler

Post by softroom » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:25 am

GuyaGuy wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:58 pm
I made a quick video showing using the ladder filter for bass, filter drive, ext audio as feedback, and making snappy envelopes.
Sounds great! You also nailed the only thing I dislike about my Pro 2 - having to do the 'linear decay' workaround for every envelope in every patch.

Return to “General Gear”