Sequential Pro 3

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

GuyaGuy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Sequential Pro 3

Post by GuyaGuy » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:02 pm

softroom wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:25 am
GuyaGuy wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:58 pm
I made a quick video showing using the ladder filter for bass, filter drive, ext audio as feedback, and making snappy envelopes.
Sounds great! You also nailed the only thing I dislike about my Pro 2 - having to do the 'linear decay' workaround for every envelope in every patch.
Thanks! Since they are software envelopes you’d think that it would be easy enough to provide linear and exponential options. I think it’s come up as a feature request for every Sequential synth I’ve had. At least there are workarounds!

softroom
Common Wiggler

Post by softroom » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:57 pm

Aye, it was brought home to me recently when I encountered the marvelous envelopes of the Hydrasynth - now that's how to do it! A definable curve for every stage! Linear or not, the Pro2 is still wonderful and I can do the zappy stuff on other gear. I'm sure the Pro3 is equally fab.

h4ndcrafted
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by h4ndcrafted » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:09 am

Anybody having bugs with effects not turning off , even though lights are not active , yet effects still on?

Using it local off via daw btw.
We don't want to conquer space at all. We want to expand Earth endlessly. We don't want other worlds; we want a mirror.

h4ndcrafted
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by h4ndcrafted » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:50 am

Anybody had this issue ?

With the wave oN triangle and wave mod to far right I get what sounds like a sine at first then it leaks a crunchy sort of white noise.
On restart it’s just like a sine.

We don't want to conquer space at all. We want to expand Earth endlessly. We don't want other worlds; we want a mirror.

Red Electric Rainbow
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Red Electric Rainbow » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:25 am

pulled the trigger on this one. too cool not to
TOO FAR GONE

Divinital_
Common Wiggler

Post by Divinital_ » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:58 am

Has anyone received one from Sweetwater? Been waiting since the day it was available for preorder.

I don't get the knob complaint. I find these knobs more aesthetically pleasing than other Sequential gear, I owned a Rev2 and used an OB-6 and neither had knobs that were worth writing home about. This entire design looks so awesome to me and its functionality follows suit.

Red Electric Rainbow
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Red Electric Rainbow » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:22 am

Divinital_ wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:58 am
This entire design looks so awesome to me and its functionality follows suit.
I agree. The layout with the feature set was a selling point for me. Love the form factor.
TOO FAR GONE

orangehexagon
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by orangehexagon » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:16 pm

I don't know if this is against forum rules, but I'm looking to sell my recently purchased Pro 3 due to losing my job with this pandemic. It still has the protective film on the screen and I have all the original packaging. I prefer to sell locally in Chicago to avoid shipping costs.

Divinital_
Common Wiggler

Post by Divinital_ » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:33 pm

orangehexagon wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:16 pm
I don't know if this is against forum rules, but I'm looking to sell my recently purchased Pro 3 due to losing my job with this pandemic. It still has the protective film on the screen and I have all the original packaging. I prefer to sell locally in Chicago to avoid shipping costs.
And so it begins. Awful times, sorry for your loss. This has made me consider canceling my preorder, though it's hard to say whether my income will be affected or not. It's risky either way without canceling.

Red Electric Rainbow
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Red Electric Rainbow » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:45 pm

orangehexagon wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:16 pm
best of luck / stay safe
TOO FAR GONE

Thelefthandpath
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Thelefthandpath » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:59 am

Just got mine today. It's beautiful both in sound and looks. I'm sure if I could be bothered I could find things not to enjoy, but I'm not that kind of loser to look for problems. It's perfect for the industrial metal band I'm in, and sounds great with Prophet 6.

Divinital_
Common Wiggler

Post by Divinital_ » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:19 am

Thelefthandpath wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:59 am
Just got mine today. It's beautiful both in sound and looks. I'm sure if I could be bothered I could find things not to enjoy, but I'm not that kind of loser to look for problems. It's perfect for the industrial metal band I'm in, and sounds great with Prophet 6.
I cancelled my order due to the uncertainty of the global climate and already having an ARP 2600 on preorder. I'd like to hear some of the music your band does utilizing the Pro 3. It really excels at industrial sounds. Enjoy.

h4ndcrafted
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by h4ndcrafted » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:37 am

Why has this thing got two midi outs if the midi output note data has to match the notes sequenced in local sequencer track ?

Can you not have individual note sequences for the two midi outs. The only way it works at the moment if if timing and note data matches the first sequencer track ?

Seems a bit odd.

deltaphoenix
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by deltaphoenix » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:15 pm

So in a moment of weakness I bought a demo one unit off of Sweetwater. Looking like it will be here Tuesday of next week.

orangehexagon
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by orangehexagon » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:34 pm

deltaphoenix wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:15 pm
So in a moment of weakness I bought a demo one unit off of Sweetwater. Looking like it will be here Tuesday of next week.
A moment of strength

Voltcontrol
Ravey Dave

Post by Voltcontrol » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:36 pm

orangehexagon wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:34 pm
deltaphoenix wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:15 pm
A moment of strength
An inspired moment!
Gaun Yersel!

deltaphoenix
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by deltaphoenix » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:38 pm

Ha, thank you both! I am excited to explore the Pro 3 and patch it with other friends too.

orangehexagon
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by orangehexagon » Sat May 02, 2020 1:11 pm

So I can't seem to save changes to a sequence with a patch. Does anyone else have this issue? Maybe I'm doing this wrong, but when I make edits to a sequence and save the patch, only the synthesis part of the patch gets saved (not the sequence). I tried this with and without the 'seq lock' button activated... thoughts?

Moho
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Moho » Fri May 08, 2020 7:45 pm

orangehexagon wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 1:11 pm
So I can't seem to save changes to a sequence with a patch. Does anyone else have this issue? Maybe I'm doing this wrong, but when I make edits to a sequence and save the patch, only the synthesis part of the patch gets saved (not the sequence). I tried this with and without the 'seq lock' button activated... thoughts?
Which OS are you using?

brianobush
Common Wiggler

Post by brianobush » Sun May 10, 2020 11:49 pm

Considering the pro 3, but had some questions that weren't obviously found in the manual; the mod sources and dest lists make it seem that these are possible, but not quite sure. I have an all Eurorack set up right now and am wanting to treat the pro 3 as a complex voice. Can I map:
- a gate input to control envelope start
- clock (for delay timing, sequencer stepping)

Petajaja
Common Wiggler

Post by Petajaja » Mon May 11, 2020 5:32 am

Just thought mention to anyone looking to buy a pro 3 that for a little less you could get motas 6 which is a similar instrument but offers a lot more in regards to sound design, I'd especially recommend it to those who are into industrial / noise / acidish types of music but it can do a lot more than just those types of sounds too.

Pro 3 looks very nice though, the lack of flexible filter routing is definitely a shame though as there's some great sounds to be had with parallel / serial routings.

Edit: Thought I'd add that the PRO 3 is probably better in regards to it's user interface as I imagine it's largely knob per function where as the motas because of it's very deep digital control over it's analog parameters, it ends up being a little less direct in that regard.
Check out my Motas-6 demos over at: https://soundcloud.com/retroreflector :love:

h4ndcrafted
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by h4ndcrafted » Mon May 11, 2020 6:11 am

I’m hanging out for a new update, as the recent one caused a problem with the effects clipping, and the sequencer in gate mode locks up if you seq it in Ableton.

The rest is lovely but it needs some good updates if you want to use the sequencer in a daw.

I made string kind of patch and in the following atmosphere patch you can hear the effects clipping even though I’m down on the mixer , the Rez sounds great with the tuned feedback , which isn’t causing the distortion, because it was fine before the update. They are aware of the issue though and fixing it.

GuyaGuy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by GuyaGuy » Mon May 11, 2020 10:07 am

brianobush wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 11:49 pm
Considering the pro 3, but had some questions that weren't obviously found in the manual; the mod sources and dest lists make it seem that these are possible, but not quite sure. I have an all Eurorack set up right now and am wanting to treat the pro 3 as a complex voice. Can I map:
- a gate input to control envelope start
- clock (for delay timing, sequencer stepping)
I've not tried it yet but Sequential has indicated that clock modulation is possible:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpos ... count=1346

I don't know of a way to trigger an envelope without an accompanying note on. I was just thinking this past week that even these deeper hardware synths don't have any "gate in" function but could use it. Maybe someone else has found a workaround.

Happyanimal
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Happyanimal » Mon May 11, 2020 9:48 pm

Can anyone confirm that the 4 sequencers can each have different step lengths- SEQ 1 = 5 steps while SEQ 2 plays simultaneously at 4 steps?

GuyaGuy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by GuyaGuy » Mon May 11, 2020 10:03 pm

Happyanimal wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 9:48 pm
Can anyone confirm that the 4 sequencers can each have different step lengths- SEQ 1 = 5 steps while SEQ 2 plays simultaneously at 4 steps?
Yes but just do be clear: You can load up to 4 sequences of different lengths on the same patch (A-D). Each sequence has 16 tracks. The first 3 tracks are for note data, the 4th for cutoff, and the rest for whatever you want. Each of those tracks can be various lengths. For example you can have a note sequence track of 13 steps and a cutoff track of 7 steps on Sequence A then a note sequence of 8 steps and a cutoff track of 2 steps on Sequence B. A and B can’t play at the same time.

Return to “General Gear”