Sequential Pro 3

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

GuyaGuy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Sequential Pro 3

Post by GuyaGuy » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:02 pm

softroom wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:25 am
GuyaGuy wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:58 pm
I made a quick video showing using the ladder filter for bass, filter drive, ext audio as feedback, and making snappy envelopes.
Sounds great! You also nailed the only thing I dislike about my Pro 2 - having to do the 'linear decay' workaround for every envelope in every patch.
Thanks! Since they are software envelopes you’d think that it would be easy enough to provide linear and exponential options. I think it’s come up as a feature request for every Sequential synth I’ve had. At least there are workarounds!

softroom
Common Wiggler

Post by softroom » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:57 pm

Aye, it was brought home to me recently when I encountered the marvelous envelopes of the Hydrasynth - now that's how to do it! A definable curve for every stage! Linear or not, the Pro2 is still wonderful and I can do the zappy stuff on other gear. I'm sure the Pro3 is equally fab.

h4ndcrafted
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by h4ndcrafted » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:09 am

Anybody having bugs with effects not turning off , even though lights are not active , yet effects still on?

Using it local off via daw btw.
We don't want to conquer space at all. We want to expand Earth endlessly. We don't want other worlds; we want a mirror.

h4ndcrafted
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by h4ndcrafted » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:50 am

Anybody had this issue ?

With the wave oN triangle and wave mod to far right I get what sounds like a sine at first then it leaks a crunchy sort of white noise.
On restart it’s just like a sine.

We don't want to conquer space at all. We want to expand Earth endlessly. We don't want other worlds; we want a mirror.

Red Electric Rainbow
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Red Electric Rainbow » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:25 am

pulled the trigger on this one. too cool not to
TOO FAR GONE

Divinital_
Common Wiggler

Post by Divinital_ » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:58 am

Has anyone received one from Sweetwater? Been waiting since the day it was available for preorder.

I don't get the knob complaint. I find these knobs more aesthetically pleasing than other Sequential gear, I owned a Rev2 and used an OB-6 and neither had knobs that were worth writing home about. This entire design looks so awesome to me and its functionality follows suit.

Red Electric Rainbow
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Red Electric Rainbow » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:22 am

Divinital_ wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:58 am
This entire design looks so awesome to me and its functionality follows suit.
I agree. The layout with the feature set was a selling point for me. Love the form factor.
TOO FAR GONE

orangehexagon
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by orangehexagon » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:16 pm

I don't know if this is against forum rules, but I'm looking to sell my recently purchased Pro 3 due to losing my job with this pandemic. It still has the protective film on the screen and I have all the original packaging. I prefer to sell locally in Chicago to avoid shipping costs.

Divinital_
Common Wiggler

Post by Divinital_ » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:33 pm

orangehexagon wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:16 pm
I don't know if this is against forum rules, but I'm looking to sell my recently purchased Pro 3 due to losing my job with this pandemic. It still has the protective film on the screen and I have all the original packaging. I prefer to sell locally in Chicago to avoid shipping costs.
And so it begins. Awful times, sorry for your loss. This has made me consider canceling my preorder, though it's hard to say whether my income will be affected or not. It's risky either way without canceling.

Red Electric Rainbow
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Red Electric Rainbow » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:45 pm

orangehexagon wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:16 pm
best of luck / stay safe
TOO FAR GONE

Thelefthandpath
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Thelefthandpath » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:59 am

Just got mine today. It's beautiful both in sound and looks. I'm sure if I could be bothered I could find things not to enjoy, but I'm not that kind of loser to look for problems. It's perfect for the industrial metal band I'm in, and sounds great with Prophet 6.

Divinital_
Common Wiggler

Post by Divinital_ » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:19 am

Thelefthandpath wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:59 am
Just got mine today. It's beautiful both in sound and looks. I'm sure if I could be bothered I could find things not to enjoy, but I'm not that kind of loser to look for problems. It's perfect for the industrial metal band I'm in, and sounds great with Prophet 6.
I cancelled my order due to the uncertainty of the global climate and already having an ARP 2600 on preorder. I'd like to hear some of the music your band does utilizing the Pro 3. It really excels at industrial sounds. Enjoy.

Return to “General Gear”