Akai MPC One

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: lisa, Kent, Joe.

Inju
Learning to Wiggle

Re: Akai MPC One

Post by Inju » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:52 pm

The velocity curve for the pressure pads is a bit disappointing. You can adjust the curve only in one slope and there is no way to adjust the minimum volumn for touching the pads. I'm used to playing a weighted piano. When you press the key even gently the weight of the hammer makes a sound. The curve to feel like a real piano for me after numerous experimentation is a very quick rise to 75 percent then more pressure for 100% volumn. I am now nearly just using the half way and full volumn settings exclusively since the velocity is to difficult to control. Akai if you're listening you should allow us to DRAW our velocity and volumn curves and have full access to set the Y curve point to have a minimum sound based on a low pressure velocity.

(((EMP)))
Learning to Wiggle

Post by (((EMP))) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:03 pm

Given the price of the One, I think its a hit. Of course at least one more stereo pair of outs would be better. Really like the form factor. There’s also a Live MK2 in the works so I guess I’ll wait and see what that has to offer? But, truth be told... Not buying any of them until Akai finally delivers the promised multitimbral MIDI.

Inju
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Inju » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:13 am

Just thought I should mention this. Randomization!

Voltcontrol
Common Wiggler

Post by Voltcontrol » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:48 pm

A new video that might be of interest:

Diabolik!
Common Wiggler

Post by Diabolik! » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:21 pm

i just got mine in, and i like this so much better than the live. the dedicated buttons make a huge difference for me. the menu diving on the one had it collecting dust on my shelf, but this one is actually fun to play.

Return to “General Gear”