Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe., lisa

Post Reply
DaShmoop
Common Wiggler
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:31 pm

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by DaShmoop » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:35 am

If you aren't happy with our current corporate overrun world then sending your hard earned money to a company like Moog instead of Behringer is worth the difference. We're in a consumerist trap where many people will buy a cheaply constructed rip off synthesizer from a company with questionable ethics just to save a buck so they can buy more gear. I'd rather have a single Moog than a studio full of Behringer.

As a society we should take more pride in music and uphold it as a sacred art. We're all on this forum because at one or multiple points in our lives we have been deeply impacted by music. I personally want to support a company that makes music gear because of their deep connection to music, rather than their uncontrollable greed.

User avatar
Fallen_lassen
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 324
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:35 am
Location: Zaandoom

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by Fallen_lassen » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:44 am

3hands wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:31 am
Fallen_lassen wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:48 am
Yes thank you mr Behringer. Can you now design/invent a Brolex for us.
Ha! I wonder if he did start cloning watch knockoffs.. or Louis Vuitton bags.
Maybe he can stir up the drugworld. And clone some brocaine and behroine. For half price :75:

User avatar
3hands
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1844
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:36 pm
Location: Ottawa Ontario

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by 3hands » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:45 am

Fallen_lassen wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:44 am
3hands wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:31 am
Fallen_lassen wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:48 am
Yes thank you mr Behringer. Can you now design/invent a Brolex for us.
Ha! I wonder if he did start cloning watch knockoffs.. or Louis Vuitton bags.
Maybe he can stir up the drugworld. And clone some brocaine and behroine. For half price :75:

That’s right up there with the Russian Vaccine for Covid on “things I will never stick in my arm”.
Gum is fun, but not on a cat.

My minds an art gallery.

User avatar
Kattefjaes
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1285
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:47 am
Location: UK

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by Kattefjaes » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:47 am

3hands wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:46 am
It’s actually Mr Behringer. Capitals are your friend. Get it right. Now get back to work and manufacture me some cheap gear.
I believe that the formal mode of address is to call him "Papa Uli".

User avatar
3hands
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1844
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:36 pm
Location: Ottawa Ontario

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by 3hands » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:53 am

Kattefjaes wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:47 am
3hands wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:46 am
It’s actually Mr Behringer. Capitals are your friend. Get it right. Now get back to work and manufacture me some cheap gear.
I believe that the formal mode of address is to call him "Papa Uli".

Hahaha! Or Big Daddy Behringer.
Gum is fun, but not on a cat.

My minds an art gallery.

User avatar
strettara
mufferthucker
Posts: 6778
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:16 am
Location: das Land der eisernen Wurst

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by strettara » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:15 pm

DaShmoop wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:35 am
If you aren't happy with our current corporate overrun world then sending your hard earned money to a company like Moog instead of Behringer is worth the difference. We're in a consumerist trap where many people will buy a cheaply constructed rip off synthesizer from a company with questionable ethics just to save a buck so they can buy more gear. I'd rather have a single Moog than a studio full of Behringer.

As a society we should take more pride in music and uphold it as a sacred art. We're all on this forum because at one or multiple points in our lives we have been deeply impacted by music. I personally want to support a company that makes music gear because of their deep connection to music, rather than their uncontrollable greed.
I have to ask - how do you know what Uli Behringer's connection to music is? How do you know he's motivated just by greed? How do you know he's not deeply impacted by music, as much as any of us? It seems pretty presumptuous, this attitude. Maybe he always struggled to afford high priced equipment when he was a boy and now has a mission to "democratize" music production.

I mean I don't know anything about the guy nor do I care very much, but I find the moralistic posturing on this forum over a company selling cheap equipment pretty distasteful, let alone the very personal attacks on Behringer himself. It's business and business disputes are settled in court by the businesses in question. I'm sure Arturia - to name a case in point - has the resources to take Behringer to court if they want to, and whether they choose to or not is entirely their affair.

As for contributing to music, I imagine Uli Behringer has contributed far more than most people.

BTW - techno as a sacred art? :lol: :lol: :lol: You gotta laugh.
“It must be abstract. It must change. It must give pleasure."

New album: OZ

User avatar
3hands
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1844
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:36 pm
Location: Ottawa Ontario

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by 3hands » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:20 pm

strettara wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:15 pm
DaShmoop wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:35 am
If you aren't happy with our current corporate overrun world then sending your hard earned money to a company like Moog instead of Behringer is worth the difference. We're in a consumerist trap where many people will buy a cheaply constructed rip off synthesizer from a company with questionable ethics just to save a buck so they can buy more gear. I'd rather have a single Moog than a studio full of Behringer.

As a society we should take more pride in music and uphold it as a sacred art. We're all on this forum because at one or multiple points in our lives we have been deeply impacted by music. I personally want to support a company that makes music gear because of their deep connection to music, rather than their uncontrollable greed.
I have to ask - how do you know what Uli Behringer's connection to music is? How do you know he's motivated just by greed? How do you know he's not deeply impacted by music, as much as any of us? It seems pretty presumptuous, this attitude. Maybe he always struggled to afford high priced equipment when he was a boy and now has a mission to "democratize" music production.

I mean I don't know anything about the guy nor do I care very much, but I find the moralistic posturing on this forum over a company selling cheap equipment pretty distasteful, let alone the very personal attacks on Behringer himself. It's business and business disputes are settled in court by the businesses in question. I'm sure Arturia - to name a case in point - has the resources to take Behringer to court if they want to, and whether they choose to or not is entirely their affair.

As for contributing to music, I imagine Uli Behringer has contributed far more than most people.

BTW - techno as a sacred art? :lol: :lol: :lol: You gotta laugh.
Not all of us are doing techno.
Gum is fun, but not on a cat.

My minds an art gallery.

User avatar
Rex Coil 7
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 7313
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:29 am
Location: Captain Of Outer Space

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by Rex Coil 7 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:32 pm

Kattefjaes wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:47 am
3hands wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:46 am
It’s actually Mr Behringer. Capitals are your friend. Get it right. Now get back to work and manufacture me some cheap gear.
I believe that the formal mode of address is to call him "Papa Uli".
While we're ~here~ ... Member *3hands .. get to work yourself on your lousy grammar. "manufacture me" .. pfft ... "Now get back to work and manufacture some cheap gear for me". There ya go ... see there? :tu:

Reminds a person of these people that say the likes of "recommend me a VCO" or "suggest me a mixer" .... (I'll not recommend "you" or suggest "you" for anything until you learn at least 4th grade grammar).

If one is going to lecture another about "formal mode of address", one must shit their own git together first. :hihi:

I mean, since we're being pedantic shits and all ... y'know? Right?

:yay: how fun! :lol:
Last edited by Rex Coil 7 on Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
5U MODULAR NORMALIZING PROJECT (for your entertainment) viewtopic.php?t=78836&highlight=
.. as of Dec 8th 2020 on a break for a bit .. contact me via bamco60@hotmail.com if needed.
WELCOME TO 2021 .. THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES.

User avatar
kons
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 412
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 4:28 pm
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by kons » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:33 pm

Lot more money to be made in cloning watches and handbags... so Uli is not soley motivated by money alone. He seems to have some strange animus toward the music instrument industry. He indulges in a lot of self mythologizing about his connection to instruments but maybe the reality is that his mother abandoned him as a child for a traveling Roland piano salesman?

Beh have responded to the Behstep controversy... https://community.musictribe.com/discus ... bod5pLHQUA

User avatar
Red Electric Rainbow
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2660
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:48 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by Red Electric Rainbow » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:01 pm

Fallen_lassen wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:44 am
Maybe he can stir up the drugworld. And clone some brocaine and behroine. For half price :75:
maybe you’ve never bought drugs, but drug dealers already make clones. its called “cutting it up with some other shit” and its usually pretty stepped on. most drug dealers are notorious for keeping product prices high while keeping product quality low.
TOO FAR GONE

User avatar
Voltcontrol
Ravey Dave
Posts: 2117
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:31 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by Voltcontrol » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:11 pm

Red Electric Rainbow wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:01 pm
Fallen_lassen wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:44 am
Maybe he can stir up the drugworld. And clone some brocaine and behroine. For half price :75:
maybe you’ve never bought drugs, but drug dealers already make clones. its called “cutting it up with some other shit” and its usually pretty stepped on. most drug dealers are notorious for keeping product prices high while keeping product quality low.
MDMA has been consistently good here in the past few years, doesn’t suffer from being cut up as much as other substances for some reason. Or so I have heard.
Last edited by Voltcontrol on Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gaun Yersel!

User avatar
Red Electric Rainbow
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2660
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:48 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by Red Electric Rainbow » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:13 pm

Fallen_lassen wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:35 am
Fuck you Behringer ! :goo:
i have to ask why you went out of your way to revive a thread that hasn’t had any traction since halloween just to say “fuck you behringer!” with a goo emoji. do you have anything to actually add here? i feel like you don’t really even have a horse in this race.
TOO FAR GONE

User avatar
Red Electric Rainbow
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2660
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:48 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by Red Electric Rainbow » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:13 pm

Voltcontrol wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:11 pm
MDMA has been consistently good here in the past few years. Or so I have heard.
still cut with god knows what. stay safe.
TOO FAR GONE

User avatar
Voltcontrol
Ravey Dave
Posts: 2117
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:31 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by Voltcontrol » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:15 pm

Red Electric Rainbow wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:13 pm
Voltcontrol wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:11 pm
MDMA has been consistently good here in the past few years. Or so I have heard.
still cut with god knows what. stay safe.
There’s websites that track (by sharing experiences and chemical tests) kinds, channels and batches for users. Still - with caution and on a very low frequency, or so I advise my more adventurous friends.
Gaun Yersel!

User avatar
Fallen_lassen
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 324
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:35 am
Location: Zaandoom

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by Fallen_lassen » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:36 pm

Red Electric Rainbow wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:13 pm
Fallen_lassen wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:35 am
Fuck you Behringer ! :goo:
i have to ask why you went out of your way to revive a thread that hasn’t had any traction since halloween just to say “fuck you behringer!” with a goo emoji. do you have anything to actually add here? i feel like you don’t really even have a horse in this race.
Because the other thread was just closed( schwing arturia clone aka brostep) and it is opened again. :tu:
Sometimes someone needs to say the right thing.
It is a shitty company and they are a disgrace to the synthworld.
They deserve a fuck you imo.
Last edited by Fallen_lassen on Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Fallen_lassen
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 324
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:35 am
Location: Zaandoom

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by Fallen_lassen » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:38 pm

Red Electric Rainbow wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:01 pm
Fallen_lassen wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:44 am
Maybe he can stir up the drugworld. And clone some brocaine and behroine. For half price :75:
maybe you’ve never bought drugs, but drug dealers already make clones. its called “cutting it up with some other shit” and its usually pretty stepped on. most drug dealers are notorious for keeping product prices high while keeping product quality low.
Dude. Maybe i should have used the :miley:
Next time i use more emoji’s for people like you.

I only buy non cut up drugs 8-). No brocaine or behroine for me. Only special K. From the vial.

User avatar
stimresp
Common Wiggler
Posts: 172
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:51 am

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by stimresp » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:42 pm

Fallen_lassen wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:36 pm

Because the other thread was just closed( schwing arturia clone aka brostep)
Sometimes someone needs to say the right thing.
It is a shitty company and they are a disgrace to the synthworld.
They deserve a fuck you imo.
There are other forums where such crass is the norm, I suggest you take your expletives there.

I like this forum because the members are generally more mature and can express themselves eloquently in a debate - even an emotive one like this - without dragging the discussion down to the gutter. Let's keep it that way please.

User avatar
Red Electric Rainbow
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2660
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:48 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by Red Electric Rainbow » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:44 pm

Fallen_lassen wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:38 pm
I only buy non cut up drugs 8-). No brocaine or behroine for me. Only special K. From the vial.
only special k and from a vial nonetheless. omg wow 🤩 you’re sooooo coooool.
TOO FAR GONE

User avatar
Voltcontrol
Ravey Dave
Posts: 2117
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:31 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by Voltcontrol » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:06 pm

Go work in a hospital pharmacy, they stock ketamine there as standard you know.

Keep a note in your pocket with the codes T41.291 and T41.292 on it, the doctors will know what to do if they find you stuck too deep in the K-hole somewhere.
Last edited by Voltcontrol on Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gaun Yersel!

User avatar
kons
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 412
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 4:28 pm
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by kons » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:06 pm

I guess the heart of the controversy is that 'moral outrage' is such a subjective feeling. If one IS outraged then anyone who is not, appears despicable. If one is not outraged then the outraged appear ridiculous.

I am, I admit in a state of almost perpetual outrage, about almost everything. So I must have a very sensitive outrage meter. But Behringer and their antics just barely move my outrage needle.

Full disclosure: I have an RD-8 and TD-3... bought used ridiculously cheap for drunken fun-almost like toys. I want the Solina module if it ever comes! A stringer with midi! So is my outrage modulated by my 'desire' for behringer things? Possibly but I don't think so.

User avatar
Fallen_lassen
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 324
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:35 am
Location: Zaandoom

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by Fallen_lassen » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:13 pm

Red Electric Rainbow wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:44 pm
Fallen_lassen wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:38 pm
I only buy non cut up drugs 8-). No brocaine or behroine for me. Only special K. From the vial.
only special k and from a vial nonetheless. omg wow 🤩 you’re sooooo coooool.
Yes everybody is cool. But not as cooool as you. :hihi:

User avatar
3hands
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1844
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:36 pm
Location: Ottawa Ontario

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by 3hands » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:22 pm

Rex Coil 7 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:32 pm
Kattefjaes wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:47 am
3hands wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:46 am
It’s actually Mr Behringer. Capitals are your friend. Get it right. Now get back to work and manufacture me some cheap gear.
I believe that the formal mode of address is to call him "Papa Uli".
While we're ~here~ ... Member *3hands .. get to work yourself on your lousy grammar. "manufacture me" .. pfft ... "Now get back to work and manufacture some cheap gear for me". There ya go ... see there? :tu:

Reminds a person of these people that say the likes of "recommend me a VCO" or "suggest me a mixer" .... (I'll not recommend "you" or suggest "you" for anything until you learn at least 4th grade grammar).

If one is going to lecture another about "formal mode of address", one must shit their own git together first. :hihi:

I mean, since we're being pedantic shits and all ... y'know? Right?

:yay: how fun! :lol:


Hahahahaha! That made me laugh out loud.
Gum is fun, but not on a cat.

My minds an art gallery.

Arneb
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 859
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:50 pm

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by Arneb » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:22 pm

Voltcontrol wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:11 pm
MDMA has been consistently good here in the past few years, doesn’t suffer from being cut up as much as other substances for some reason. Or so I have heard.
As an (until recently) Aachener, I can confirm. Short supply chains mean less cutting, and Limburg supplies half of Europe with MDMA.

User avatar
Red Electric Rainbow
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2660
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:48 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by Red Electric Rainbow » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:52 pm

Fallen_lassen wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:13 pm
Yes everybody is cool. But not as cooool as you. :hihi:
CCD2FC3D-CAB5-41DA-8F3D-4ABF3A678610.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TOO FAR GONE

User avatar
Fallen_lassen
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 324
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:35 am
Location: Zaandoom

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by Fallen_lassen » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:04 pm

Red Electric Rainbow wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:52 pm
Fallen_lassen wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:13 pm
Yes everybody is cool. But not as cooool as you. :hihi:
CCD2FC3D-CAB5-41DA-8F3D-4ABF3A678610.jpeg
Wow you are a puppeteer. That is indeed the coolest :omg:

Post Reply

Return to “General Gear”