Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe., lisa

Red Electric Rainbow
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by Red Electric Rainbow » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:31 am

Flounderguts wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:22 pm
(oof...thinking about my time in Japan brings up some horribly embarrassing memories...so glad that keitai videos were still new and that no one recorded some of those antics!)
did you mean hentai videos? 😂
TOO FAR GONE

dubonaire
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dubonaire » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:32 am

strettara wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:18 pm
The Fromm book sounds interesting. And what is this talk of banning? Surely nothing in this thread warrants a ban? I hope it was a joke.
It's not a joke and typical heavy-handed behaviour from the usual suspect.

Joe.
Wired for sound

Post by Joe. » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:52 am

dubonaire wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:32 am
...typical heavy-handed behaviour from the usual suspect.
Actually, it's the final step in a very long, drawn out, multiple-warning drama. A drama that included multiple promises to the previous owner and new promises to multiple Mods, promises that continue to be broken.

Not that other people's warnings or agreements are any of your business, except in this case because you're going to find yourself in the exact same position if you continue your habit of criticising mods at every possible opportunity.

dubonaire
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dubonaire » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:02 am

Joe. wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:52 am
dubonaire wrote:
Actually, it's the final step in a very long, drawn out, multiple-warning drama. A drama that included multiple promises to the previous owner and new promises to multiple Mods, promises that continue to be broken.

Not that other people's warnings or agreements are any of your business, except in this case because you're going to find yourself in the exact same position if you continue your habit of criticising mods at every possible opportunity.
Let's be very clear, I don't criticize mods at every opportunity, truth is I rarely criticize the moderation that occurs. In fact I've had personal messages of thanks from moderators in the recent past. I think almost all of the mods are good and decent people and do a good job.

Voltcontrol
Ravey Dave

Post by Voltcontrol » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:25 am

3hands wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:05 pm
He totally can, I was acting a bit of a wanker. My apologies to Red. I do feel that we are getting a lot of “slutz” migrating to here though. Perhaps my pessimism was breaking though in that earlier post. And mufferthuckers is my new fave word!
The sentiment resonates with all of us I think.
Regarding mufferthucker, I actually stole it from Strettara as it's his custom member status.

I think you're cockers, the lot of you.
P.s. that's not an insult but bit of harmless wordplay Brits will get and other might too after reading this: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cocker
Also a word I learned on Muffs. Such an educational playground. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Voltcontrol on Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gaun Yersel!

Voltcontrol
Ravey Dave

Post by Voltcontrol » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:42 am

Joe. wrote:
dubonaire wrote:

Most of us will not be aware of the (full) history so imho best handled via PM as this seems a bit out of the blue this to those not in the know.
I have seen members being banned here without context being provided by the mods, it would be great if some can be in the case of bans or suspensions.
You not being open to responses on the message toward the alleged perpetrator being a second reason to suggest sticking to PM's (personal messages).
Gaun Yersel!

kons
Wiggling with Experience

Post by kons » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:17 am

The Fromm is an interesting read but... debatable
First a debate about stages of Capitalism has to be geographically circumscribed otherwise it does not make sense. The usual context is England, but Holland or the NE US would be similar.
17/18 century capitalism was not society-minded! Instead it was marked by strict solidarity amongst the capitalist class/business owners. Cutthroat price competition was avoided, but not out of a social conscience. A lingering pattern from trade guild economics.
In this context 19th century capitalism was an improvement.
For example:
Bread in the 17th century was regularly debased to the detriment of wider society but never competitively priced. By the 19th century bread was generally produced with wheat flour and competitively priced.

Orange
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Orange » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:53 am

kons wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:17 am
The Fromm is an interesting read but... debatable
First a debate about stages of Capitalism has to be geographically circumscribed otherwise it does not make sense. The usual context is England, but Holland or the NE US would be similar.
17/18 century capitalism was not society-minded! Instead it was marked by strict solidarity amongst the capitalist class/business owners. Cutthroat price competition was avoided, but not out of a social conscience. A lingering pattern from trade guild economics.
In this context 19th century capitalism was an improvement.
For example:
Bread in the 17th century was regularly debased to the detriment of wider society but never competitively priced. By the 19th century bread was generally produced with wheat flour and competitively priced.
Yes, the first stage was agricultural capitalism in North-Western Europe. Ironic, the birth of capitalism was in reaction to feudalism :lol:
Interested in the Fromm though.....

Orange
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Orange » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:56 am

Voltcontrol wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:25 am
3hands wrote:
He totally can, I was acting a bit of a wanker. My apologies to Red. I do feel that we are getting a lot of “slutz” migrating to here though. Perhaps my pessimism was breaking though in that earlier post. And mufferthuckers is my new fave word!
Regarding mufferthucker, I actually stole it from Strettara as it's his custom member status.

P.s. that's not an insult but bit of harmless wordplay Brits will get and other might too after reading this: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cocker
Like in Dutch ‘Ouwe rukker’ ? :hihi:

Kattefjaes
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Kattefjaes » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:00 am

red wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:14 pm
Thank you - so, I will ask again as soon as I reached 1600 posts!

8-)
You've already peaked:
posts.jpg
It's all downhill from here ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Voltcontrol
Ravey Dave

Post by Voltcontrol » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:06 am

Orange wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:56 am
Voltcontrol wrote:
3hands wrote:

Like in Dutch ‘Ouwe rukker’ ? :hihi:
Exactly, ouwe pik!
Gaun Yersel!

Voltcontrol
Ravey Dave

Post by Voltcontrol » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:13 am

P.s. How can we segue this back into our informed discussion about the doings of- and the on-goings at Music Tribe/Behringer?

I nearly can't smell the shitpile anymore.
Gaun Yersel!

kons
Wiggling with Experience

Post by kons » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:16 am

I am sure RED, speaks with an accent that resonates with me...
Kattefjaes wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:00 am
red wrote:

8-)
You've already peaked:

posts.jpg

strettara
mufferthucker

Post by strettara » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:18 am

Kattefjaes wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:00 am
red wrote:

8-)
You've already peaked:

posts.jpg

It's the start of the long climb to 2600.
“It must be abstract. It must change. It must give pleasure."

New album: OZ

Voltcontrol
Ravey Dave

Post by Voltcontrol » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:30 am

onthebandwagon wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:37 pm
Flounderguts wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:22 pm
onthebandwagon wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:38 pm
What of Japan? Isn't their still a strong tradition of wanting your business to succeed so you can employee more people and give even more back to society?
Hahahah ...no.

I lived and worked there for more than 6 years. Most of the businesses and business owners I had contact with (quite a few) were about the owners flaunting their wealth and status symbols to the other owners while paying their employees a pittance and working them to exhaustion.

It took me 2 years to realize that I was one of those status symbols...a highly paid gaijin to enhance the brand.

Ah ok, I've had this assumption for a while now based on meeting this older Japanese guy years ago in NYC who owned a bunch of restaurants here, he was standing at the bar next to me getting drunk on soju, never sitting. Well, I got drunk too. He told me he was a manager at Benihana for many years, and spoke with great respect for the guy who started that chain. Anyways, he kept on telling me he needed to open more restaurants so he could employ more people. I was impressed but also by the fact that he had to catch a train home to CT and walk a mile to his house.
Whichever way you turn it building a business is empire building. The larger social fabric (to some extent) of society and govt regulation ensure (to a larger extent) that the empire building is placed in context. The Rhinelandic and Nordic models are still shining examples of how it -can- be done well, although under pressure in many countries that operate under those principles..
Gaun Yersel!

Kattefjaes
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Kattefjaes » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:42 am

strettara wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:18 am

It's the start of the long climb to 2600.
I have uid 2600 on a network that I use regularly. It makes me wonder if anyone ever used an Arp 2600 to generate a 2600Hz tone for purposes of establishing a trunk call - blue boxing on a blue meanie.

Red Electric Rainbow
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Red Electric Rainbow » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:54 am

onthebandwagon wrote:
He told me he was a manager at Benihana for many years, and spoke with great respect for the guy who started that chain.
interestingly enough the founder of benihana, rocky aoki, was charged with and convicted on 6 counts of insider trading. he also fathered cake tossing mega dj, steve aoki.

1C4DBC3A-8A71-45A5-8D49-0E1E3B4C07C1.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Red Electric Rainbow on Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
TOO FAR GONE

strettara
mufferthucker

Post by strettara » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:00 am

Red Electric Rainbow wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:54 am
onthebandwagon wrote:
He told me he was a manager at Benihana for many years, and spoke with great respect for the guy who started that chain.
interestingly enough the founder of benihana, rocky aoki, was charged with and convicted of 6 charges of insider trading. he also fathered cake tossing mega dj, steve aoki.

1C4DBC3A-8A71-45A5-8D49-0E1E3B4C07C1.jpeg
My daughter got caked once, at Rimini I think.
“It must be abstract. It must change. It must give pleasure."

New album: OZ

Red Electric Rainbow
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Red Electric Rainbow » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:25 am

strettara wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:00 am
My daughter got caked once, at Rimini I think.
Steve Aoki settled his lawsuit with the dude who sued him after biting it hard on the DJ's signature flying cake.

Raymond Collins claimed he suffered a serious head injury in March after slipping on cake Aoki threw from the stage during a set at Hakkasan.

Aoki's lawyer, Barry Thompson, told TMZ, "Steve loves and is extremely dedicated to his fans. He was concerned to hear that Raymond Collins had fallen at his show after a long day and night celebrating with friends at a bachelor party."
TOO FAR GONE

onthebandwagon
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by onthebandwagon » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:04 am

Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:54 am
onthebandwagon wrote:
interestingly enough the founder of benihana, rocky aoki, was charged with and convicted on 6 counts of insider trading. he also fathered cake tossing mega dj, steve aoki.

I recall hearing an interview with Steve Aoki on NPR, he spoke fondly of his father and seemed to inherit his work ethic. I recall the Japanese guy telling me Aoki senior started his empire with an ice cream truck in Harlem when he arrived in the US.
I criticize by creation and by finding fault

"I'm on stage its all an act, I'm really scared that I may fall back on the abstract
It'd be exactly where I'm at"

3hands
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by 3hands » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:10 am

Voltcontrol wrote:
3hands wrote:

Cockers is a fantastic word. It was used a lot around ours when we were kids.
Gum is fun, but not on a cat.

My minds an art gallery.

Red Electric Rainbow
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Red Electric Rainbow » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:28 am

onthebandwagon wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:04 am
I recall hearing an interview with Steve Aoki on NPR, he spoke fondly of his father and seemed to inherit his work ethic. I recall the Japanese guy telling me Aoki senior started his empire with an ice cream truck in Harlem when he arrived in the US.
he seemed like an interesting person who definitely enjoyed his success. he was also a shrewd businessman that capitalized on cultural appropriation. in the end his greed got the best of him. its no surprise his children speak highly of him. he provided them with an amazing life. im sure if Uli has children they’ll probably speak fondly of him too. donald trumps children praise their monster father without hesitation. im not trying to pick a fight with you (i liked your story), but im just trying to point out that just just because a millionaire is likable and fun, it doesn’t mean they don’t succumb to the same pitfalls and shortcomings as a millionaire who is only characterized by their greed and shady business ethics.

http://www.loganhill.com/wp-content/upl ... aokism.pdf
TOO FAR GONE

onthebandwagon
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by onthebandwagon » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:38 am

Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:28 am
onthebandwagon wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:04 am
he seemed like an interesting person who definitely enjoyed his success. he was also a shrewd businessman that capitalized on cultural appropriation. in the end his greed got the best of him. its no surprise his children speak highly of him. he provided them with an amazing life. im sure if Uli has children they’ll probably speak fondly of him too. donald trumps children praise their monster father without hesitation. im not trying to pick a fight with you (i liked your story), but im just trying to point out that just just because a millionaire is likable and fun, it doesn’t mean they don’t succumb to the same pitfalls and shortcomings as a millionaire who is only characterized by their greed and shady business ethics.

http://www.loganhill.com/wp-content/upl ... aokism.pdf
Oh, I think you misunderstood my motivation for mentioning the story, I didn't really have much of a point and have no aspirational attachments to these people but while I might eat at a Benihana I wouldn't buy anything from Behringer.
I criticize by creation and by finding fault

"I'm on stage its all an act, I'm really scared that I may fall back on the abstract
It'd be exactly where I'm at"

Red Electric Rainbow
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Red Electric Rainbow » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:58 am

onthebandwagon wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:38 am
Oh, I think you misunderstood my motivation for mentioning the story, I didn't really have much of a point and have no aspirational attachments to these people but while I might eat at a Benihana I wouldn't buy anything from Behringer.
:tu:
TOO FAR GONE

3hands
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by 3hands » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:42 am

Joe. wrote:
dubonaire wrote:

Based off this post, I very much hope member Luap gets banned for dragging Lisa’s name through the mud in regards to her moderating, and essentially “deep faking” her giving a very unreasonable reason as to why she deleted some of his posts. Be consistent.
Gum is fun, but not on a cat.

My minds an art gallery.

Return to “General Gear”