Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

Post Reply
martimous
Common Wiggler
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:33 pm
Location: Kansas City

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by martimous » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:22 pm

Just a thought here, but I suspect that if y'all stopped feeding the troll, he'd get bored and go away.
Worth a try?

User avatar
strettara
mufferthucker
Posts: 5604
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:16 am
Location: das Land der eisernen Wurst

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by strettara » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:24 pm

Smother wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:07 pm
It's my way of being on a forum.
Well it's not a way that's going to make you any friends.
martimous wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:22 pm
Just a thought here, but I suspect that if y'all stopped feeding the troll, he'd get bored and go away.
Worth a try?
Good point.
nature abhors a vacuum cleaner

User avatar
StillNotWorking
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 470
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:29 pm
Contact:

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by StillNotWorking » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:27 pm

Smother wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:34 am
So again, what's the point of discussing marketing decisions of a brand on this forum?
And just using as a source the provided emails from the manufacturers?
Does it really make any sense?
Don't you think that this is the wrong place to do it?
Are you lawyers or economy advisors or something like that?
Is this a marketing platform?
We are trying to make sense of how decisions are made. Which I think work fine for this thread. And the numbers where posted by Robin first, then confirmed by B.

You seem to have an for us unknown anger towards B as non of your posts argue the actual topic.

mat1
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:57 am

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by mat1 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:28 pm

Smother wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:34 am
So again, what's the point of discussing marketing decisions of a brand on this forum?
And just using as a source the provided emails from the manufacturers?
Does it really make any sense?
Don't you think that this is the wrong place to do it?
Are you lawyers or economy advisors or something like that?
Is this a marketing platform?
Er because it's clearly interesting. Plenty of other threads to discuss music.

Smother
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:51 am

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by Smother » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:50 pm

mat1 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:28 pm
Smother wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:34 am
So again, what's the point of discussing marketing decisions of a brand on this forum?
And just using as a source the provided emails from the manufacturers?
Does it really make any sense?
Don't you think that this is the wrong place to do it?
Are you lawyers or economy advisors or something like that?
Is this a marketing platform?
Er because it's clearly interesting. Plenty of other threads to discuss music.
Ok I get it.
It's gonna be like GS.
Nobody cares about it.
Everyone bow down to a man using forums to attack other manufacturers.
And people who like this attitude attack the others using him as inspiration.
Fine.
Keep on going like this, no worry, he's gonna eat this forum as he did with GS.
You are right, who cares at the end.
I go back to make music.
Bye bye.
Just to tell you, your jokes are not funny, they just leave a sense of misery. Your discussions are about nothing, you just wish you will have more for less.
No time to lose here if everyone is happy with this situation.

User avatar
Zymos
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2419
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:14 pm
Location: ABQ,NM

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by Zymos » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:57 pm

Just because there are a few tireless Behringer defenders/apologists doesn’t make this forum anything like Gearslutz. Other than this thread, there are a small handful of other threads discussing specific products.

But I think most people here have better things to do than spend a lot of time beating a dead horse... :soapbox:

Man-In-A-Suitcase
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 384
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 10:57 am
Location: SPECTRE HQ

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by Man-In-A-Suitcase » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:08 pm

.
Last edited by Man-In-A-Suitcase on Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Smother
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:51 am

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by Smother » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:11 pm

Man-In-A-Suitcase wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:08 pm
Smother wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:50 pm
Everyone bow down to a man using forums to attack other manufacturers.
i haven't seen Uli Behringer personally attack other manufacturers online. But we do
know he's working with other manufacturers (or bought up).

It seems to me you have a huge chip on your shoulder in a personal way with Uli.
I was beginning to think you might have bene a disgruntled ex-Behringer employee!
Smother wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:50 pm
And people who like this attitude attack the others using him as inspiration.
Fine.
I don't think anyone is using Behringer as inspiration, but lots of musicians out
there hobbyists and professionals alike are using Behringer gear.

Smother wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:50 pm
Keep on going like this, no worry, he's gonna eat this forum as he did with GS.
He's not going to eat this forum, this is a place for discussing gear regardless of who makes it.
Some people have dislikes of other manufacturers beside Behringer.

Smother wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:50 pm
You are right, who cares at the end.
I go back to make music.
That's probably most sensible thing you have said since you joined!

Smother wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:50 pm
Bye bye.
:hmm: :confused:
"i haven't seen Uli Behringer personally attack other manufacturers online."
Really?
To the point of covering all?
Wow

User avatar
aroom
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 736
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:27 am
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by aroom » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:12 pm

Take it easy Smother. At the end your are just arguing with 2-3 people here.

Don’t waste your time to change their mind.

Smother
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:51 am

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by Smother » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:14 pm

aroom wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:12 pm
Take it easy Smother. At the end your are just arguing with 2-3 people here.

Don’t waste your time to change their mind.
So why don't you take position?
2-3 people gonna be more soon.

Man-In-A-Suitcase
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 384
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 10:57 am
Location: SPECTRE HQ

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by Man-In-A-Suitcase » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:19 pm

.
Last edited by Man-In-A-Suitcase on Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Zymos
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2419
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:14 pm
Location: ABQ,NM

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by Zymos » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:21 pm

Most people probably have an opinion one way or the other, but don’t really care enough to spend time arguing about it. If you do, I’m sure you can find enough people already in this thread to keep you busy.

User avatar
StillNotWorking
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 470
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:29 pm
Contact:

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by StillNotWorking » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:22 pm

Smother wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:50 pm
Ok I get it.
It's gonna be like GS.
Nobody cares about it.
...
This thread are discussing ethics surrounding the B company. Not sure as why you read other people's opinions, details and questions on the matter as bullying towards you?
You havent really posted an opinion or what the problem are, but rather taken an personally approach towards others that have. And get responce in similar tone as you set yourself.

Here an exsample:
"i haven't seen Uli Behringer personally attack other manufacturers online."
Really?
To the point of covering all?
Wow
If you posted an example for Man-In-A-Suitcase to learn from you have a better change to help him make a informed opinion himself
BTW Man-In-A-Suitcase is himself critic to several B products if you care to read. He should probely test out the sarcasm emolie in his sig to come trough more in character :guinness:

Man-In-A-Suitcase
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 384
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 10:57 am
Location: SPECTRE HQ

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by Man-In-A-Suitcase » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:24 pm

.
Last edited by Man-In-A-Suitcase on Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
aroom
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 736
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:27 am
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by aroom » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:25 pm

Smother wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:14 pm
aroom wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:12 pm
Take it easy Smother. At the end your are just arguing with 2-3 people here.

Don’t waste your time to change their mind.
So why don't you take position?
2-3 people gonna be more soon.

My position is quite clear. Maybe I don’t want to waste my time discussing it here.

Feel free to do so though. I’m not offended by any way.

I’m just saying that their is no point to try to convince people who clearing aren’t interested to be.

Man-In-A-Suitcase
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 384
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 10:57 am
Location: SPECTRE HQ

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by Man-In-A-Suitcase » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:28 pm

.
Last edited by Man-In-A-Suitcase on Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Smother
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:51 am

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by Smother » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:32 pm

aroom wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:25 pm
Smother wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:14 pm
aroom wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:12 pm
Take it easy Smother. At the end your are just arguing with 2-3 people here.

Don’t waste your time to change their mind.
So why don't you take position?
2-3 people gonna be more soon.

My position is quite clear. Maybe I don’t want to waste my time discussing it here.

Feel free to do so though. I’m not offended by any way.

I’m just saying that their is no point to try to convince people who clearing aren’t interested to be.
Why should I offend you?
I am just saying if you don't defend the forum, it's gonna be a B marketing playout soon.
How can you defend it?
Just taking position, man.
Nobody of you made it, or just a very few.
So I come to my conclusions.

User avatar
coolshirtdotjpg
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1286
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 4:13 pm
Location: Santa Cruz, California

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by coolshirtdotjpg » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:32 pm

Yep, this thread is doing its job...

It actually feels nice to have a thread that is this big of a mess. Anytime I feel slightly troll-y I can post here and go about my day knowing that there is no way I can make it worse and anyone who comes here knows what they're getting into.
New video for my track
Opening The Portal

User avatar
StillNotWorking
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 470
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:29 pm
Contact:

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by StillNotWorking » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:36 pm

Man-In-A-Suitcase wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:28 pm
I get the feeling you are following me around on MW, jeez now i have a stalker! :foul:

You should make friends with Mr Smother here, i'm sure he will smother you with his love for Buli Bollinger.
Your welcome :love: Actually, you mention my lack of humor and I wasn't joking when I told you to tell me more. You didn't so I took it on myself to try to learn by reading some of your older post. You are just as opinionated and sharp tongue as any of us here. But towards other brands. And you buy vintage crap and sounds jusk like any of us. Now I feel like to giving you a hug.

User avatar
aroom
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 736
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:27 am
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by aroom » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:38 pm

Smother wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:32 pm

Why should I offend you?
I am just saying if you don't defend the forum, it's gonna be a B marketing playout soon.
How can you defend it?
Just taking position, man.
Nobody of you made it, or just a very few.
So I come to my conclusions.
You don't have to take my advice.

Carry on.

User avatar
Red Electric Rainbow
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1393
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:48 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by Red Electric Rainbow » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:49 pm

any word on the RD-9 release date?
TOO FAR GONE

Man-In-A-Suitcase
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 384
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 10:57 am
Location: SPECTRE HQ

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by Man-In-A-Suitcase » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:53 pm

.
Last edited by Man-In-A-Suitcase on Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Smother
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:51 am

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by Smother » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:55 pm

Man-In-A-Suitcase wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:53 pm
StillNotWorking wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:36 pm
Man-In-A-Suitcase wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:28 pm
I get the feeling you are following me around on MW, jeez now i have a stalker! :foul:

You should make friends with Mr Smother here, i'm sure he will smother you with his love for Buli Bollinger.
Your welcome :love: Actually, you mention my lack of humor and I wasn't joking when I told you to tell me more. You didn't so I took it on myself to try to learn by reading some of your older post. You are just as opinionated and sharp tongue as any of us here. But towards other brands. And you buy vintage crap and sounds jusk like any of us. Now I feel like to giving you a hug.
Ah! i see. It's very clear now! If you don't have an opinion you won't be heard. Best notto be the little mouse in the corner.
I like Vintage crap it has a certain je ne sias quoi. An unearthly sound like who knows what. Unlike Smother here who sounds
like background static.

Red Electric Rainbow wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:49 pm
any word on the RD-9 release date?
Yeah! i heard it's scheduled for release in 2029.
I just think after that masterpiece all community will take care of your brain cells, if there are some left

Man-In-A-Suitcase
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 384
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 10:57 am
Location: SPECTRE HQ

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by Man-In-A-Suitcase » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:01 pm

.
Last edited by Man-In-A-Suitcase on Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
aroom
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 736
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:27 am
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: Behringer: practices, ethics, morals and legitimacy.

Post by aroom » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:03 pm

guys

you can use DM to chat and gaslight each other


thanks

Post Reply

Return to “General Gear”