Deckard's Dream MK2

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

Voltcontrol
Ravey Dave

Deckard's Dream MK2

Post by Voltcontrol » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:04 am

Just announced by Black Corporation:

"We are excited to announce DECKARD’S DREAM MK2!

MK2 delivers everything the previous versions of DDRM have done in a new light, sleek tabletop unit with wood sides or rack-ears (both included). It also brings additional controls over Sustain modes and length.

DECKARD’S DREAM (DDRM), features eight voices, each with two identical layered parts consisting of a completely analog voltage controlled oscillator made with discrete waveshapers, analog lowpass and highpass filter, each with their own cutoff and resonance settings, noise generator, unique multisegment filter envelope, and VCA + ADSR envelope. Each layer also features its own independent programming section for MPE-based velocity and polyphonic aftertouch control of its filter cutoff and amplifier settings.

DDRM’s perfomance section features global pitch control with coarse & fine-tuning sliders, layer 2 detune slider, independent keyboard range control for each layer, mix balancing between layer 1 and layer 2, global filter cutoff and resonance offsets, and a global LFO to control both layers’ filter/pitch/amplifiers simultaneously.

DDRM was created with full expressive performance control in mind, boasting programming sections with global MPE-based control over LFO parameters + pitchbend, as well as global key tracking control over the filter and amplifier settings of both layers. Finally, there is a global portamento/glissando slider affecting both layers simultaneously. The level of expressive control these parameters give over performance is something found in very few synthesizers, and the results are stunning!

DDRM features full MIDI control and the ability to store 128 presets per bank across 3 banks, integrating this classic synth concept seamlessly into the future of your modern studio needs.

$3749 / deposit is $1199, delivery is expected in June 2020.

Price includes free worldwide shipping with Japan Post International Priority. Courier delivery (UPS, DHL, FedEx etc) is available but will be charged at an additional cost. @ Shibuya, Tokyo"

Gaun Yersel!

djs
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Deckard's Dream MK2

Post by djs » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:17 am

Any idea if this will be available as DIY as well?
"Noise is what the Earth is made of" - David Bowie

donato
Common Wiggler

Post by donato » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:34 am

They should've made the rack ears the same color as the body. the mk1's will look better racked. The desktop form will be a pleasant welcome for many, however.

PLNB
Common Wiggler

Post by PLNB » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:35 pm

Stereo out via TRS insert?

tvh
Common Wiggler

Post by tvh » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:10 pm

Says kits are available for the DD and the Kijimi. https://black-corporation.com/

I'm going to guess this will be SMD diy if the same form factor as the pre-built.

Always tempted, however I've returned gear because I simply can't read the screens..and these look to use the smallest font I've ever seen on a screen, unfortunately.

donato
Common Wiggler

Post by donato » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:16 pm

tvh wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:10 pm
Says kits are available for the DD and the Kijimi. https://black-corporation.com/

I'm going to guess this will be SMD diy if the same form factor as the pre-built.

Always tempted, however I've returned gear because I simply can't read the screens..and these look to use the smallest font I've ever seen on a screen, unfortunately.
I agree the screen is very small. Too small. Depends on your usage. I only use the screen once every 5-10 times I use the unit. I just leave it in panel mode unless I need to change midi settings or something globally (rarely).

Karl_Joseph
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Karl_Joseph » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:47 pm

I hope they do this for the kijimi. No stereo and rack mount were the deal breakers for me.

Edit: where does it say they added stereo outs?
- KARL

Pando
Common Wiggler

Post by Pando » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:06 pm

djs wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:17 am
Any idea if this will be available as DIY as well?
tvh wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:10 pm
I don't think DIY will be available in this form factor. Most likely it'll be the same rack-only case as before, just a new panel with the sustain switch/slider. You can't cram that much thru hole junk into a box that small.
PLNB wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:35 pm
Stereo out via TRS insert?
Karl_Joseph wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:47 pm
Edit: where does it say they added stereo outs?
I don't think so. It's the same mono out as before, just a different form factor and with the sustain slider/switch added to the panel. Looks like expander port has also been removed (no polychaining on MK2).
Last edited by Pando on Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ndkent
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ndkent » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:35 pm

Lack of mention of the expander

oldgearguy
Veteran Wiggler

Post by oldgearguy » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:35 pm

I wonder if this version will include a manual?

:sstorm:

Return to “General Gear”